• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnstile

Welcome back, long time! It's a good pick, didn't see it coming, but then again didn't see Wolfe last year either.
It's taken me this long to thaw out from that game.. :p
I've browsed since then but haven't anything witty to post. But I'm definitely feeling the excitement again since free agency and especially this week. Upgraded my seats on Monday and draft day today makes me feel better.

More Reese on Pugh:

"Terrific football player," general manager Jerry Reese said. "We think he is really versatile. He can play left tackle, right tackle, either guard and (offensive line coach) Pat Flaherty thought he could play center and has that kind of skill set.

"Hard to pass up on those kind of guys," Reese added. "People ask about his arms ... we looked at him and when you see guys with 32-inch arms playing offensive line, especially the tackle position, I looked at tape after tape after tape and I could never see the arms come into play ... I was looking for excuses to downplay him ... but could never find it. He was too good of a value. As a matter of fact, he was the highest guy on the board."

Marc Ross:

“He’s just a clean player. For us that means he’s productive on tape, he plays hard, he’s smart, he’s athletic, he’s physical, he’s a great kid, doesn’t have any issues, and he’s got a lot of upside. When you’ve got a checklist of positives you look for in a player, he had most of those attributes.” – Giants scouting director Marc Ross

"Most of these guys (in the draft) are what they are, they’re a right tackle, they’re a center," Ross said. "This guy is the most versatile offensive lineman in our eyes. Other teams may feel differently, but that’s the way we felt, that he was the most versatile."

Not sexy and the right move to address the offensive line but fuuuuuck Eifert was looking so fap inducing at 19.

UberTag

Winners and losers of the 1st round; go.
You had a nice little run at the end with that clutch Elam pick at #32 to make it close in the fantasy draft sweepstakes. Nice job!

WINNERS = Panthers, Vikings, Rams, Raiders
LOSERS = Bills (perennial losers - all the time, break out the paper bags, another 6-10/7-9 season here we come), Cowboys, Bears

LJ11

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster 4m

My rankings for top 3 drafts tonight: 1. Rams 2. Bills (got picks + the Qb they wanted) 3. Vikings (gave up a lot in a deep WR class)

Only dude who matters!

exarkun

Just want to poke my head in and say:

I don't mind the Texans pick, we needed a WR and we got one. Woulda liked a LB, but we still have picks.

annnnnddd... LOL Dallas. Holy shit, why trade down and not ask for the first and a second instead of a third. The niners have picks out the ass.

Godslay

Banned
It's taken me this long to thaw out from that game.. :p
I've browsed since then but haven't anything witty to post. But I'm definitely feeling the excitement again since free agency and especially this week. Upgraded my seats on Monday and draft day today makes me feel better.

Awesome, I might try to get down to see a game this year. I love the moves as well, if we stay healthy we've got a good squad.

mr2xxx

Banned
Seems like the Vikings had a good draft. Upset we have no more picks till Saturday but it seemed to work out well.

:lol at the dude that got taken by the Lions.

He's frugal, can't hate on that. Plus he probably didn't take money from an agent on top of that which makes him respectable unlike the rest of the roster. #Team Ziggy

Just want to poke my head in and say:

I don't mind the Texans pick, we needed a WR and we got one. Woulda liked a LB, but we still have picks.

annnnnddd... LOL Dallas. Holy shit, why trade down and not ask for the first and a second instead of a third. The niners have picks out the ass.

I was baffled we only gave up a 3rd. We probably called up with a low ball offer and Jerry didn't try to negotiate for more

squicken

The Bears play the Rams this year. I know Bruce and Clay played against each other, but the Long brothers will play head up like 60 snaps. That's tough

overcast

First round couldn't have gone better. Offense is being retooled. I expect struggles over the first half this year but an emergence over the second. Defense will continue to improve. Draft a safety and hopefully have the cap space to resign Mikell. Rams are setting themselves up to succeed at this draft two years in a row. Les Snead drafts like a motherfucker
Yeah, I like this year already. Last year was very successful too. I forgot, did we grab a pick from the Redskins last year as well?

Canuck76

Banned
Winners
Rams
Panthers
Vikings

Losers
Cowboys
Bills

Agree with this. I'd probably put the Saints on there too, got a player that can plug in and play right now.

Vikings overpaid but still made the right move there in getting Patterson and two players who help stop aaron rodgers.

exarkun

I was baffled we only gave up a 3rd. We probably called up with a low ball offer and Jerry didn't try to negotiate for more

I got the text that they traded down, and I didn't think much of it. Then I saw who you got, and that they only got a third and I was like WHAT.

Jerry is...just Jerry. No other owner like him.

Agree with this. I'd probably put the Saints on there too, got a player that can plug in and play right now.

Vikings overpaid but still made the right move there in getting Patterson and two players who help stop aaron rodgers.

I agreed until I realized Patterson was essentially their 2nd rounder.

Still a bit steep but whatever. Really happy with how the draft turned out. I'm a tiny bit worried about the fact that each player has some developing to do.

Tons of upside though.

Doomsayer

Did the Jets have the worst draft?

Really? Why is this consensus around here?

Miller is going to be solid and feels a need... Richardson was kind of a reach but aren't they pretty thin on the Dline?

I think at 34 we either get tank carradine or margus hunt. TE maybe at the end of the 2nd!

Gotta go with Tank...

I like the Reid pick. He looks like he can develop into a nice player.

Really wasn't that high of a price.

Basically swapped their late 2nd for a late 1st and then gave a late 3rd and 4th and throwaway 7th.

jbug617

Banned

Forgot also the Raiders. They moved down to get their guy Hayden and picked up some picks.

Panthers won't make the playoffs. Tampa Bay will be much improved. New Orleans will be much improved. Atlanta will still probably win the division given their talent pool.

Bowser

Panthers won't make the playoffs. Tampa Bay will be much improved. New Orleans will be much improved. Atlanta will still probably win the division given their talent pool.

This guy is a "Panthers fan" but thinks Cam Newton is one of the worst QBs in the league. Will enjoy when Cam makes you look like a dumbass this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom