• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure the Steelers didn't reach betting on Jones. The injury is bothersome. We basically dropped one injury prone OLB for another. Not the smartest move.

However, given the truly fantastic stupidity of the reaches pulled by other teams, our modest reach will be buried in an avalanche of WTF?!?!?'s and LOL's and JNC's and Holy Shit's.

Wooo, wristband for day two secure!
ytcx5pn.jpg

vdCfDji.jpg

Are you Matt Barkley?

UberTag

Thanks guys! I literally filled it out at 5:30 PM today :jnc I was in the mid-30s overall through the first 20-22 picks, then everything went to hell
After pegging 7 of the first 8 picks, I whiffed on everything the rest of the way. Just nickled and dimed points here and there.

Not sure the Steelers didn't reach betting on Jones. The injury is bothersome. We basically dropped one injury prone OLB for another. Not the smartest move.

However, given the truly fantastic stupidity of the reaches pulled by other teams, our modest reach will be buried in an avalanche of WTF?!?!?'s and LOL's and JNC's and Holy Shit's.

Almost everything after Star was a reach. Jones is an impact guy and a fumble creating machine, so there's that.

Talon

Well all the NFC South teams addressed a critical need.

Saints couldn't survive with Roman Harper pretending to play safety again. Defense still has a lot of holes at all three levels but at least Vacarro will help mitigate huge plays.

Panthers have been desperate for DT help since Jenkins left. Frees up Johnson, Hardy, Davis, Kuechly and Beason. The best front 7 in the division for sure. Thank God for that awful secondary.

Falcons needed a third corner. I'm comfortable with an Asante, Trufant, McClain trio with Moore and Decoud cleaning up. Really need to address depth in the trenches on both sides of the ball now.

Saying "reach" for everyone is silly, considering how far off base our expectations were going into the draft. It's clear that teams were all over the place with their positional rankings.

Now, we can definitely laugh at the Bears.

Bowser

Well all the NFC South teams addressed a critical need.

Saints couldn't survive with Roman Harper pretending to play safety again. Defense still has a lot of holes at all three levels but at least Vacarro will help mitigate huge plays.

Panthers have been desperate for DT help since Jenkins left. Frees up Johnson, Hardy, Davis, Kuechly and Beason. The best front 7 in the division for sure. Thank God for that awful secondary.

Falcons needed a third corner. I'm comfortable with an Asante, Trufant, McClain trio with Moore and Decoud cleaning up. Really need to address depth in the trenches on both sides of the ball now.

A good front 7 can mask a shitty secondary. Plus, if we should have one of these guys available to upgrade the secondary tomorrow night:

S Jonathan Crypien
CB Jamar Taylor
CB Darius Slay
CB Jonathan Banks
CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson

Talon

A good front 7 can mask a shitty secondary. Plus, if we should have one of these guys available to upgrade the secondary tomorrow night:

S Jonathan Crypien
CB Jamar Taylor
CB Darius Slay
CB Jonathan Banks
CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson
Obviously. When have I ever sounded like a poster that didn't believe that? I've been consistent in saying that I'd always build from the trenches on out.

Taylor will be gone. Out of the rest, I only like Slay.

UberTag

The bills nassib smokescreen is the best so far
I get the impression the Bills forgot to stop smokescreening when they drafted Manuel.
Watch them deal Manuel and another pick tomorrow for Nassib or Mallet.
Or watch them spend a 3rd round pick on Barkley and say "we want a QB competition".

That EJ Manual pick has got to be the WTF of the draft tho. I think they could have got him in the 2nd. I see Nassib and Barkley going first tomorrow before Geno.

Godslay

Banned
Alright. You did good Johns.

He looks very explosive. Can't wait to see all those big guys just blowing up the middle with Miller, and Freeney (possibly Wolfe), on the edges. It's going to be great. Get a CB or a younger DE in the second, a RB later, and we've done good.

Some on Twitter are saying that Freeney coming to Denver is heating up again.

Heysoos

Jerry Jones completely stuttering trying to justify this fucking pick. GO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF JERRY JONES, YOU SENILE ASSHOLE.

overcast

Pretty happy with the way the rams drafted. I hope Bradford can greatly improve and tie the offense together. This is probably make or break for him.

Have to get a safety in the 3rd though. We're so thin there.

He looks very explosive. Can't wait to see all those big guys just blowing up the middle with Miller, and Freeney (possibly Wolfe), on the edges. It's going to be great. Get a CB or a younger DE in the second, a RB later, and we've done good.

Some on Twitter are saying that Freeney coming to Denver is heating up again.
It's all coming together. Now to do something about that backfield.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way Lacy is still on the board for the Packers in the 2nd round?

What's withs NHL Gafs thread name? Almost thought we have a new thread up.
Also apparently Barks nickname is "Kiki"?
Edit: atlesst we got a guy Gruden will always gush over, all I could ever ask for.

UberTag

No surprise Pats own the AFC East with the decisions the other teams in that division make...
You have the New York Yankees facing the equivalent of 3 always-desperate/terrible Miami Marlins equivalents 6 times each and every season.

You'd have to TRY and fail to do worse than 10-6 every year. And even then you probably wouldn't.

Margus Hunt seems like the Giants man at DLINE moving forward. Curious where they take him.

Curious if Arthur Brown makes it to the mid- second for the Giants also.

Pretty happy with the way the rams drafted. I hope Bradford can greatly improve and tie the offense together. This is probably make or break for him.

Have to get a safety in the 3rd though. We're so thin there.

First round couldn't have gone better. Offense is being retooled. I expect struggles over the first half this year but an emergence over the second. Defense will continue to improve. Draft a safety and hopefully have the cap space to resign Mikell. Rams are setting themselves up to succeed at this draft two years in a row. Les Snead drafts like a motherfucker

I must admit I was completely wrong about this year's QB class. Even with how much it was derided, I expected more than one to go in the first round.

His medical condition doesn't bother me as much as it seems that he's slow and easily blocked. Oh well, it's not a great draft and the Steelers picked for need. As Tomlin would say, it is what it is. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom