• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Agreed. If Stafford is truly good, he should be able to make someone better; we shouldn't need to draft all these WRs early to give him weapons, it's time for him to make weapons like Eli and others have done. That is, if he wants to join the "elite" club some day.

He's been at the Lions building all summer working out, he reconstructed his deal...he's saying and doing all the right things. But if he wants that big contract he's going to need to prove 2011 wasn't a fluke. He has the best WR among other weapons, it's time to produce.

The 2011 Lions' offensive production really fell after Jahvid Best went out for the season that year. Bush could replicate what Best did, and if he stays healthy it could bode well not just for Stafford's season but the Lions overall. We'll see...personally I still expect 7 wins, maybe 8

Totally on board with all of this. What's funny to me is...you point out Bush as a potential replacement for Best's role, but in my view even that wouldn't really be necessary at all...if we were to address the O-line correctly and actually set together a group capable of run blocking. Reiff managed it a little bit last year in his special packages, so hopefully if the combo of him and Warmack is able to open up holes, we don't even need a big name like Reggie Bush to do the running. Leshoure and Joique Bell should be sufficient running backs in what's normally a pass-happy scheme, enough so that Stafford (if he's as good as the Lions keep saying he is) and Calvin should be able to make the likes of Ryan Broyles, Brandon Pettigrew, and Mike Thomas good enough. Unless the line falls apart, the success of the team now depends hugely on #9. I just wish I didn't still have my doubts about that.

squicken

I hate the McDonald pick. Box safety in 3rd round? Gross

:lololol

PP being there might help him out, though.

They tried PP on Amendola in slot, and it didn't work. Best to let PP handle outside WRs and matchup in slot guys. It's why STL wants speed out of the slot

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I hate the McDonald pick. Box safety in 3rd round? Gross

They tried PP on Amendola in slot, and it didn't work. Best to let PP handle outside WRs and matchup in slot guys. It's why STL wants speed out of the slot

I mean help out mentally/mentor role. He watched after him at LSU. But then again, he's really close to the border now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom