• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

DMczaf

I feel so bad that Christian Ponder ended Lovie Smith's career. He's a cold, remorseless killer.

He doesn't even look at you when he does it, mostly because he can't.

22391d1309351849-vikings-rookie-qb-christian-ponder-not-opposed-1_christian_ponder.png

Hunter S.

I have seen him curse out his teammates, get his coaches fired, and get traded out of a town because of his attitude.

Cutler may be a hot head, but his attitude towards the broncos only changed when Shanahan was fired who he wanted as his coach. Followed almost immediately with the hiring of McDaniels who proceeded to trade away their offensive stars with the idea that a solid team was better than a having any stars. Clearly he was a failure. Cutler may be aggressive, but Manning and less often Brady are often forgiven for the same behavior. Winning does grant forgiveness it seems.

I feel so bad that Christian Ponder ended Lovie Smith's career. He's a cold, remorseless killer.

J0V5d.jpg

There is an idea of a Christian Ponder; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Wes

venison crêpe
@FOXSports.com has learned #Falcons OC Dirk Koetter set to interview this week 4 HC jobs with #Eagles, #Chiefs & #Browns. Story coming ASAP

Mrbob

@FOXSports.com has learned #Falcons OC Dirk Koetter set to interview this week 4 HC jobs with #Eagles, #Chiefs & #Browns. Story coming ASAP

Glad to see Chicago not on this list.

No one should want loser trash out of Atlanta.

J0V5d.jpg

There is an idea of a Christian Ponder; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

I like sociopathic ponder.

Coughlin presser this morning. Was asked flat out if Fewell was still his defensive coordinator moving forward. He confirmed that Fewell is safe. (good).

https://twitter.com/SidelineFB

-Romeo ran lax practices
-Showed up late to meetings himself
-no discipline for players being late/hustling
-WRs didn't run out plays, routes

Pioli putting out that spin?

It could be both spin from Pioli and completely true. If it's from Pioli, all it does is highlight how poorly he's done his job, considering he hired Crennel, who replaced the last guy he hired in Haley. But by all means, allow this dipshit to choose a 3rd head coach.

That said, for all of the shit Haley rightfully got, the team never played like heartless assholes under his watch. Of course the players love Crennel, he was soft on them and that's what I feared and expected when he was named head coach.

The Chiefs can contend, but only by hitting on two of the three positions of GM, head coach and quarterback, and I don't have much faith in Clark Hunt getting that job done. He's already off to a horrific start by keeping this shitbag incompetent fuck Pioli for a single day after the season. And if reports are to be believed, the best case scenario is the next head coach having input on the GM. I'd love to know the record of teams that hired the head coach before the GM.

cdyhybrid

Per Sando:

The Seahawks have won their last two road games largely because zone-read plays have pushed their offense into another gear. Wilson leads the NFL in Total QBR on the road since Week 8. His 107.2 NFL passer rating on the road over that span ranks third behind Matt Ryan (113.9) and Aaron Rodgers (112.5).

The Seahawks finished the regular season with 11 receptions of at least 40 yards, tied for fifth-most in the NFL. That includes seven since Week 11, tied with Indianapolis for most in the NFL.

effzee

I disagree. All those stupid turnovers killed our season, especially in the first part of the year when the D actually bothered to show up under Juan. And it's not just that, it's also that this isn't a strong draft for QBs, and I doubt we'll splurge for a replacement in FA (although that could definitely change depending on who gets brought in as Reid's successor).

And no way, on the 2nd point. Vick is way past it, he is awful now without that athleticism to save him. He's still as dumb as ever, he can't stay healthy and he's gonna be way overpaid. Cut him now, save the money, and put it toward improving the defense.

Of course the turnovers didn't help but its not like the D was playing great. The 6 min game ending drive against the Steelers was pathetic. The defense not being able to stop the Lions twice with a 10 point lead in the fourth was pathetic. It was a complete mess offense, defense, and ST. But lets not shoulder all the blame on Vick for that terrible 3-1 start. OLINE was also far worse at that time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man, Steelers can't even tank correctly. They jumped from the 12th to the 17th pick by beating the Browns.

Yeah, they need to take lessons from the Penguins, they sure know how to tank.

Norv getting fired makes me sad. :(

He already was (it's on the twitter link he posted)

Well then. That's that.

I wanted to ask you Future, since the Giants and Steelers seasons went in the same direction, what do you feel your team did wrong and what do they need to do in order to contend?

"Win more games" is obvious, but how would evaluate the personnel they have?

effzee

Listening to Lurie right now. I do like him and he is very candid.

Hopefully he makes all the right moves from here on. I trust in Lurie. I believe in Lurie.

Top Bottom