• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Crazymoogle said:
Nicks: playing like he's on Antonio Gates' last legs
Coughlin revealed today the the initial knee injury he got in week 2 was a 6-8 week recovery. He was back on the field in two weeks. Something Hakeem wanted despite being told to sit.

He really should have just been IR'd and the offense changed to compensate early in the season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/12/nicks-says-injured-knee-needed-6-8-weeks-of-rest

Then he had an MRI that showed “something” was torn. And the doctors told him he really needed 6-8 weeks of rest.

Two weeks later, though, the Giants’ top receiver was back on the field after missing only three games, and dealing with an injury that never really went away.

“It was just a situation where I was gutting it out,” Nicks said on Monday. “I wanted to play for the team and for myself. It was a situation where I felt if I was sitting I would’ve been miserable, so I felt that if I was out there trying to give it whatever I had, everything would work out.”

It never really did, though, and the fourth-year receiver ended up limping his way through his worst statistical season. The player that GM Jerry Reese calls “the lynchpin” of the Giants’ offense had just 53 catches for 692 yards and three touchdowns in 13 games. That included no catches in the last two, and just one snap in the season finale.

Still, Nicks – who said he “had to change up my whole style of running this year on the fly with the right foot and the left knee” – had “no regrets” about not listening to the doctors and getting two months of rest.

Rorschach said:
I'd kill for such a sophisticated this offense. You don't know how fortunate you are.
Preaching to the choir. I'm a Gilbride fan. Always have been.:D

ari

Banned
haha hey not my fault you happen to be a racist trash talking Bears fan.
Sigh. Even though i just laughed at bacons cornballer bowl comment, trash talking racist is not what i am.

Edit: Fuck off cardinals, keep away from McCoy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Can someone post the Skins 2013 schedule?

Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders

Bowser

Are you trading Scam for a defense?

LOL.

Are they trading sCam?

lol gtfo. We finished top 10 in defense with a bunch of scrubs. We went 1-7 in games decided by 7 or less. If we went .500 in those games instead, we'd be 10-6 and probably in the playoffs.

Next season's schedule, at least at face value, doesn't look too terribly difficult. All of our "hard" games, save for SF, are at home. I expect nothing less than 10 wins next season.

Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders

At Oakland!?!?!? Oh god oh wow oh god oh wow.... Hmmm watch RG3 shred those fools in person, and risk getting stabbed in the kidney?

Coughlin, it's time for change your stubborn old fuck...can't believe we are keeping Killdrive and Perry... Romeo and Norv as our new Coordinators a pipe dream :((

Bowser

Kimberly Jones ‏@KimJonesSports
Have learned: The Jets have asked for permission from Giants to interview NYG director of college scouting Marc Ross for their GM job.

No he's ours god damnit!

ari

Banned
Just moved to the burbs for work. Anyone know a good bar in the south suburbs of Chicago that has a decent new years eve thingy? All my friends are either in the city or are going to the city tonight and i ain't digging that.

squicken

why would ross even be interested there if he's as hot as everyone says? and asking isn't the giants saying yes, but the jets asking big brother for anything is kind of interesting

Luck is the next Matt Ryan. Flacco will show Luck his place, which is sitting at home watching the playoffs.

Future 2012 Super Bowl Winners The Ravens and Flacco the Elite will silence all the pundits and critics.

Draxal

...and because I'm not afraid to poke a little fun at the Giants:

53374110200207541861049.jpg

B is pass, run, pass not run, run, pass. Can't kill Killbride for throwing too much with a run, run, pass play call. I still think all those hb draws are on Eli, he audibles a ton.

Coughlin, it's time for change your stubborn old fuck...can't believe we are keeping Killdrive and Perry... Romeo and Norv as our new Coordinators a pipe dream :((

Doesn't mean we are keeping Perry (did he officially res-ign yet?). He could be hired by another team for dc/head coach. There's no way Gilbride is gone, this is Coughlin's offense not Kevin's.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/45708/kubiak-should-call-knapp

The Houston Texans have a quarterbacks coach in Karl Dorrell.

That shouldn’t stop Gary Kubiak from placing a call today to Greg Knapp, who held the post in 2012.

It wouldn’t be admitting some sort of defeat to bring in a guy just fired as Oakland’s offensive coordinator. Kubiak shouldn’t regard it as some sort of concession or admission of failure.

He should see it as a chance to bring in a guy who might be a quarterback whisperer right when Matt Schaub could really use one.

Schaub probably loves and respects Dorrell. But he and all the team’s quarterbacks were wild about Knapp.

Last year Bill Belichick pounced on a chance to take back Josh McDaniels when he was available because he’d been dismissed as coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Here’s an opportunity for Kubiak to make a similar move. Hire Knapp back with some nebulous title.

What’s Kubiak got to lose? I mean except Saturday’s first-round playoff game against the Cincinnati Bengals?

Of course Kubiak wont do it because he is a stubborn jackass.

The local stations are already hyping the IND vs BAL game as "The Old Baltimore team vs the New Baltimore team" and the whiners are coming out in droves.

Let it go Baltimore. The Colts are long gone and would have left anyway. This vendetta that some of the baltimore fans here have is childish.

brentech

My pants have been tight all day long reading about it.
I liked Mike Shanahan's interview where he says he told Dan Snyder that he must be on for a guaranteed 5 years. If he was going to take the job he wanted the chance to do it right.
That's the kind of guy the Browns need. Not someone that just thinks in a one/two year stint.

Kind of surprised Mike would never trust Dan to give him that, but it seems to work.

Top Bottom