• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

The number 1 seed that played the easiest schedule of out the 12 playoff teams..
Vikings 0.520
Packers 0.508
49ers 0.504
Hawks 0.504
Pats 0.496
Texans 0.496
Ravens 0.496
Skins 0.494
Broncos 0.457
Colts 0.442
Bengals 0.438
Falcons 0.422

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think Lovie is going to get head coaching offers. He won't need to go back to DC. Plus, does your team want to switch back to 4-3?
Probably wouldn't work to switch back to 4-3 (is Aaron Kampman available? Lol) but this garbage defense is getting old. Another season of this and it would be hard to justify keeping Capers.

If he plays next week then then it was truly a great day for the Pats. Giants eliminated, Gronk not seriously hurt while coming back from injury, no one else seriously hurt, and they got the first round bye. Was a great day for Pats fans. Now I just hope they aren't one and done again.

It feels strange seeing people excited for Ninkovich.

h1nch

Stop stealing our coordinators NFL! While I echo the sentiment that it would be far worse to lose Del Rio than McCoy, I don't want to diminish the job McCoy has done in Denver for 2 years. There's a good reason he's a HC candidate. Running an NFL offense is not easy, calling plays effectively isn't easy. Determining a proper weekly practice schedule, determining what to work on, and who to give touches to isn't an easy job. Given that Fox is a defensive guy, I have no doubt that McCoy was heavily involved in the entire offensive unit top to bottom.

To review: McCoy was able to juggle all of the normal stuff an OC is required to do, and then mid-season scrap the entire system and install the read-option offense because Tebow is incapable of executing a 3/5/7 step drop.

And then he basically did it again this year, though it was much more of a gradual change. Yes its true that the Broncos run what I imagine is a very large subset of the previous Colts offense, but Manning himself remarked that it was McCoy who was able to blend all the terminology together in a way that wasn't confusing to the offense. No doubt from all of the chatter coming out of Dove Valley it really seems like Peyton has a lot of respect for McCoy. Also, I have to think that McCoy has probably learned a lot from Peyton and would no doubt use that to his advantage.

Obviously organizational skills and X's and O's are just part of being a good HC. I have no idea how strong Mike McCoy's leadership skills are, or how well he would be able to take command of a locker room, but assuming he checks out in that area, he'd probably make a fine HC.

I'd hate to see him go, but I'd root for him if he became a HC.

Godslay

Banned
Stop stealing our coordinators NFL! While I echo the sentiment that it would be far worse to lose Del Rio than McCoy, I don't want to diminish the job McCoy has done in Denver for 2 years. There's a good reason he's a HC candidate. Running an NFL offense is not easy, calling plays effectively isn't easy. Determining a proper weekly practice schedule, determining what to work on, and who to give touches to isn't an easy job. Given that Fox is a defensive guy, I have no doubt that McCoy was heavily involved in the entire offensive unit top to bottom.

To review: McCoy was able to juggle all of the normal stuff an OC is required to do, and then mid-season scrap the entire system and install the read-option offense because Tebow is incapable of executing a 3/5/7 step drop.

And then he basically did it again this year, though it was much more of a gradual change. Yes its true that the Broncos run what I imagine is a very large subset of the previous Colts offense, but Manning himself remarked that it was McCoy who was able to blend all the terminology together in a way that wasn't confusing to the offense. No doubt from all of the chatter coming out of Dove Valley it really seems like Peyton has a lot of respect for McCoy. Also, I have to think that McCoy has probably learned a lot from Peyton and would no doubt use that to his advantage.

Obviously organizational skills and X's and O's are just part of being a good HC. I have no idea how strong Mike McCoy's leadership skills are, or how well he would be able to take command of a locker room, but assuming he checks out in that area, he'd probably make a fine HC.

I'd hate to see him go, but I'd root for him if he became a HC.

Good post. I agree with you.

I think that if we land Tom Moore or promote Adam Gase, like so many others have said outside of Gaf, the transition will be less painful. I hope that when McCoy leaves, it is a singular move. Meaning that he doesn't take more offensive personnel with him. From what I have read, the guys that help McCoy are pretty loyal to Fox. Who knows though?

We should have known it was bound to happen when he interviewed with Miami, and Oakland? irc, last year.

Kids finally in bed, now I get to have my New Years.

which amounts to playing Far Cry 3 and renting Looper since my wife works tonight

Merry New Year, NFL-Gaf!

jakncoke

Banned
Kids finally in bed, now I get to have my New Years.

which amounts to playing Far Cry 3 and renting Looper since my wife works tonight

Merry New Year, NFL-Gaf!

Looper is good, I remember Ez lol'ing saying he rather watch Taken 2 awhile ago. Taken 2 was a dud

Instead of increasing the regular season schedule they should create a NIT equivalent playoffs for the Losers for the #1 draft pick and some big ass chains that say "Best of the Rest". The teams who can't even make the BotR Playoffs have to do a XFL style sprint to the center of a football field to fight over footballs with draft pick numbers on them.

jakncoke

Banned
You were right. Django was damn good. I love Westerns though.

Im quite the Tarantino fanboy though :p. my Tarantino movie opinion should be taken from a grain of salt. I loved Django. But idk some might not idk how but some might not like like

Godslay

Banned
I'm starting the year with HTML5 + CSS3 (as a refresher) ---> Python ---> Ruby.

Then probably going back to PHP.

Sounds like good stuff. I mainly focus on C#,.Net, and JavaScript, but I do dabble in Python from time to time. I've also worked through the Ruby stuff on Code Academy for fun.

I'm thinking of blocking off a weekend, and going back over some data structures and algorithms and recoding them in C#. It seems like when I go to interviews this is always a weak area, even though I understand them. I fucking hate the feeling of having to code these bastards on interviews and drawing a blank or missing little things.

Anyways good luck!

Im quite the Tarantino fanboy though :p. my Tarantino movie opinion should be taken from a grain of salt. I loved Django. But idk some might not idk how but some might not like like

I like most of his movies. Django is special though. It's right up there with basterds for me.

tmdorsey

Saw this tonight as well and thought it was fucking awesome. Highly recommend it.

Go Falcons!

I got a house full of alcohol and I can't drink since I am stuck in bed with a 102 degree fever. Man this year is off to a bad start.

Greg

Sounds like good stuff. I mainly focus on C#,.Net, and JavaScript, but I do dabble in Python from time to time. I've also worked through the Ruby stuff on Code Academy for fun.

I'm thinking of blocking off a weekend, and going back over some data structures and algorithms and recoding them in C#. It seems like when I go to interviews this is always a weak area, even though I understand them. I fucking hate the feeling of having to code these bastards on interviews and drawing a blank or missing little things.

Anyways good luck!

I like most of his movies. Django is special though. It's right up there with basterds for me.
those two words together still make me angry

the data structures class I took in college started with 30 something kids and ended up with 6 by the end of the semester

bluemax

Banned

the data structures class I took in college started with 30 something kids and ended up with 6 by the end of the semester

How? That's like the most fundamental aspect of computer science!

Dragon

Banned
I didn't know there were other programmers here. I have to do silly proprietary language coding at work (working for Disney does that unfortunately). I loved coding in Python when I made a plugin for Sublime Text (best IDE I've ever used).

Dig me some JavaScript. Godslay have you used any js frameworks like backbonejs or emberjs?

Godslay

Banned
[/B]
I gotta see this movie

The one thing I didn't like, (this might be my local theater), is that there was a vaseline filter look on the film. Basically there was a slight red or blue surrounding images. Almost like looking through an old telescope or something. It was distracting.

Did you notice this jak? Wouldn't surpise me if it was my theater though.

I really enjoyed them when I took them.

I didn't know there were other programmers here. I have to do silly proprietary language coding at work (working for Disney does that unfortunately). I loved coding in Python when I made a plugin for Sublime Text (best IDE I've ever used).

Dig me some JavaScript. Godslay have you used any js frameworks like backbonejs or emberjs?

I haven't used those. Just some jQuery here and there.

Wes

venison crêpe
Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl

Two high-ranking # NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

Dragon

Banned
I haven't used those. Just some jQuery here and there.

Ah. Yeah backbone is built upon jquery. It's really pretty powerful and makes it easier to manage different states of an application. Definitely check it out if you find yourself doing a lot of logic with modifying the Dom.

Greg

How? That's like the most fundamental aspect of computer science!
it was supposed to be an entry-level course that followed the generic intro to programming class, but it was changed to an upper-division course due to some changes the university was making in the curriculum (they were adding another required class between the two)

he never taught the intro to programming class, and I guess no one gave him the memo, so he taught the class as if we knew a semester's worth information we never learned

we had weekly projects and he didn't return them until the day of our final, so no one knew what they were doing wrong. it was just a headache all around... I think I put more work into that class than I put into my entire CIS capstone

Godslay

Banned
Ah. Yeah backbone is built upon jquery. It's really pretty powerful and makes it easier to manage different states of an application. Definitely check it out if you find yourself doing a lot of logic with modifying the Dom.

Interesting, I'll have to look into them. Never hurts to know what else is out there.

it was supposed to be an entry-level course that followed the generic intro to programming class, but it was changed to an upper-division course due to some changes the university was making in the curriculum (they were adding another required class between the two)

he never taught the intro to programming class, and I guess no one gave him the memo, so he taught the class as if we knew a semester's worth information we never learned

we had weekly projects and he didn't return them until the day of our final, so no one knew what they were doing wrong. it was just a headache all around... I think I put more work into that class than I put into my entire CIS capstone

I had an Indian professor who had terrible English. Lectures where brutal, but he was very good at handouts, and showing how the code worked. CLRS (Intro to Algos Book) really helped alot as well.

Top Bottom