• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Striker

Sounds like Reese isn't interested in bringing Osi back.
“I feel fortunate to be able to play 10 years in New York,” he said on The Michael Kay Show. “It was a great run. I think now is probably time to move on.”
Curious who signs him, and for how much.

Greg

I had an Indian professor who had terrible English. Lectures where brutal, but he was very good at handouts, and showing how the code worked. CLRS (Intro to Algos Book) really helped alot as well.
This guy had great English - he was just a complete asshole, haha. I guess I could blame the university for letting us take the class regardless of the changes (they already had our money and the change was made after scheduling), but it really ruined what enjoyment I had for programming at the time knowing that he taught 3 more classes I needed

thankfully, I found a love for networking

Feel like throwing up
drink a beer for me - I haven't had any alcohol in 2 weeks

Schefter saying niners are trying out billy cundiff. They must be desperate

have you seen david akers kicking the past month-month and a half? fucking god awful. you can pretty much name any kicker, past or present, employed or unemployed, and i would take him over akers. neil rackers? yes. billy cundiff? yes. ryan longwell? yes. nate kaeding (playoffs only even!)? yes. Jose Cortez? yes.

i've fucking had it with david akers. i'm done with this bitch. you know its bad when you're fucking nervous over a 30 yard fg. pathetic

Godslay

Banned
This guy had great English - he was just a complete asshole, haha. I guess I could blame the university for letting us take the class regardless of the changes (they already had our money and the change was made after scheduling), but it really ruined what enjoyment I had for programming at the time knowing that he taught 3 more classes I needed

thankfully, I found a love for networking

I started in networking oddly enough. I didn't know what I wanted to do when I was first going to school. One of my friends wanted me to sign up for a CCNA class, I figured why not? I didn't care much for the hardware side of things, but I really enjoyed programming the routers. After the class I went full CS and never really looked back.

Greetings from 2013!

You really are from the future!

Anyways, stay safe everyone!

brentech

have you seen david akers kicking the past month-month and a half? fucking god awful. you can pretty much name any kicker, past or present, employed or unemployed, and i would take him over akers. neil rackers? yes. billy cundiff? yes. ryan longwell? yes. nate kaeding (playoffs only even!)? yes. Jose Cortez? yes.

i've fucking had it with david akers. i'm done with this bitch. you know its bad when you're fucking nervous over a 30 yard fg. pathetic

I don't see Crosby on that list

MechDX

Feel like throwing up

bcsuperfan11.jpg

Greg

I started in networking oddly enough. I didn't know what I wanted to do when I was first going to school. One of my friends wanted me to sign up for a CCNA class, I figured why not? I didn't care much for the hardware side of things, but I really enjoyed programming the routers. After the class I went full CS and never really looked back.
that's funny because the CCNA class I took is what really got me into networking

I don't need my degree anymore though because I get paid to go on tour and dunk

Ok I turned my friends list on (why the fuck is that not on by default lol) so you can add me now.

Think of what would happen if some poor child ended up with you on their friendslist.

Especially on the WiiU with that Miiverse, "This fucking game sucks fucking balls. I'd rather get aids and go on welfare with poor people than play this shit for another goddamn minute", with a drawing of a dick.

I dedicated 4 to 5 beers to you. One for your not drinking and one for the card.

You kids need to learn to pace yourselves. It's not even 10PM.

Time zones old man! Pacing myself still seemed like a smart thing though.

In this thread, we learn that Yurop is about 5-6 hours ahead of the US.

Dutch is nearly at the hangover phase!

Hangover phase? I'm still going

See you next week in Foxboro.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Happy New Year NFLGAF! Still 7 PST here but just got done with some work just gonna hang out drink some beers and hang out at home tonight.

For the NFL Playoffs I have decided to support the Cincinnati Bengals and the Red Rifle. Was going to support the Broncos but I think they have a great shot at the SB so I'll go with the underdogs.

May 2013 be a great year for everyone and the Detroit Lions!

squicken

“What I can say is, a 4,000-yard passer, a touchdown record – there’s a lot of things you say, ‘Wow.’ Are there things that frustrate you? Yeah. There’s things that frustrate him, too. And I’m not ducking the question, because quite frankly, I really like Josh Freeman. But I want to make sure I don’t get ahead of my skis at all here and really evaluate every single thing to what’s best for this organization,” Schiano said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “Do I think Josh Freeman is going to win Super Bowls in this league? I do. So, I hope that happens here. But again, at the end of the day, I have to evaluate everything before I can say that’s what we’re doing. The one thing I do believe in is competition at every spot, including the quarterback so I want to have as many good players on our football team as we can at every single position. It’s a little different in the NFL.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/greg-schiano-i-need-to-evaluate-josh-freeman/

squicken

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Lets go one further. Eagles asked to interview 3 Falcons coaches this Wednesday. Nolan, Koetter and Keith Armstrong in Atlanta

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Correction on Caldwell, Chargers and Jets, not Cardinals, have asked permission to interview him

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Khan conducted his interview w Caldwell this afternoon in person. The man doesn't waste any time.

Owners clearly like Falcons model. Remember having this discussion on SB win vs in playoffs every year

---
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Cleveland Browns' HC and also will interview for Buffalo Bills' HC.

Supposedly CLE will be moving quickly, but guy they want is Kelly

freeman is garbage and his coach knows it. back to the drawing board for the bucs

Yeah it's dumb comment. Coaches don't open up QB to competition unless the existing one is on the outs

Godslay

Banned
We have a subset of NFL-GAF that are fellow software engineers?

Awesome.

You too? I'm not a dedicated dev though. Small company so I do IT stuff as well. My goal this year is to move to full time .Net development.

I just graduated with a degree in molecular biology.

Nobody told me that degree was shit till they handed me the paper.

Is it? I know nothing of that field. What would you do?

I'm not high on Frazier at all, but there's no way he was going anywhere even with a loss. He inherited a 6-10 team that sold out on Favre, rebuilt during the a 3-13 season, drafted well, and put up a winning record in his second season. You can't fire a guy who's giving you those kind of results.

Only negatives on his record are drafting Ponder, and picking up Carlson and Simpson in free agency.

Yeah I was a bit off there, for some reason I have memories of their last coach that probably influenced that statement. The bald guy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Always feel bad for assistant coaches on playoff teams. The good jobs are all filled before they can interview.

squicken

Man, I just don't see that working unless they are able to retool another QB and even backfield a bit. CLE isn't really a speedy offense

I think the idea is that he's just a good coach that will adapt to NFL, but bring lots of concepts that can work. But I would agree, they don't seem to have personnel to run that

You too? I'm not a dedicated dev though. Small company so I do IT stuff as well. My goal this year is to move to full time .Net development.

Is it? I know nothing of that field. What would you do?

Apparently PCR tests all day erry day. Unless I want to go to graduate school (which I dont, at least right now). Someday I might get my masters in Public Health and Safety which would allow me to work as a risk management officer/consultant.

I'm currently trying to get a spot working for the Fed as an OSHA Investigator. I'm 22 so I have a long road ahead of me but I need to find something soon so I can start paying off student loans. Im a first generation college student so it kinda sucks not having had any help or input.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah I do frontend work. I use both Java and JavaScript.

Nice. I know that Elfforkusu programs. TheFatOne was also doing some Java for school from what I remember in the programming thread. Seems like there are quite a few of us out there.

Apparently PCR tests all day erry day. Unless I want to go to graduate school (which I dont, at least right now). Someday I might get my masters in Public Health and Safety which would allow me to work as a risk management officer/consultant.

I'm currently trying to get a spot working for the Fed as an OSHA Investigator. I'm 22 so I have a long road ahead of me but I need to find something soon so I can start paying off student loans. Im a first generation college student so it kinda sucks not having had any help or input.

First job is tough for everyone it seems like. I know that you have a nice new shiny degree, but don't be afraid to start at the bottom. Build experience as fast as you can would be my advice.

Top Bottom