• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm interested to see how Reid and the Cardinals is going to work out. That QB situation is terrible.

Eww this thread is tainted with college football talk. Quick someone talk about hockey or baseball and really take this thing into the gutter.

DMczaf

Eww this thread is tainted with college football talk. Quick someone talk about hockey or baseball and really take this thing into the gutter.

Did you know in college football you only need 1 foot down to complete a catch?

The fuck is that shit? Are they kidding?

eznark

Banned
Football Outsiders looks at QBs

Best QB: Tom Brady

Worst QB: Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

Better than his standard statistics made him look: Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions

Worse than his standard statistics made him look: Robert Griffin, Washington Redskins

Most improved:
Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams

Biggest decline: Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

More on all the skill positions as well. Their stats have Larry Fitzgerald as the worst WR in football with an obvious explanation

www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2013/quick-reads-2012-review

Packers are in the top ten passing defenses? Lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm interested to see how Reid and the Cardinals is going to work out. That QB situation is terrible.

Yeah it seem pretty crazy that he's picking AZ over SD but I think its because he see's a QB in the draft he really likes.

The Cardinals have the 7th pick in the draft so I wouldn't be surprised if they traded up to get a Geno Smith like the Redskins did last year. Hell at #5 there are plenty of QBs that will be left so we have a great chance of trading down and getting some more picks.

Going to be a really interesting offseason and draft. I'm also really interested to see if the Browns go with Chip Kelly or Nick Saban.

jbug617

Banned
La Canfora latest

SD- Arians
BUF- Whisenhunt
CLE and PHI looking at Bill O'Brien and I hear Doug Marrone is getting a lot of buzz.

LJ11

Football Outsiders looks at QBs

Best QB: Tom Brady

Worst QB: Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

Better than his standard statistics made him look: Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions

Worse than his standard statistics made him look: Robert Griffin, Washington Redskins

Most improved:
Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams

Biggest decline: Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

More on all the skill positions as well. Their stats have Larry Fitzgerald as the worst WR in football with an obvious explanation

www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2013/quick-reads-2012-review

Three years ago I talked up Joique Bell quite a bit, and then he kept bouncing around, was actually with a couple of good franchise but was also stuck behind quality backs. Give the man the ball, he makes people miss. Not the fastest, certainly not the biggest, but he sets up his blocks and can make people miss. Good all round back, who costs next to nothing.

Dragon

Banned
adamvinatieri.jpg

Those arms are nice, but no Bettenhausen, eh scooter

He's certainly not a goober like your QB. It's actually amazing that the Colts went from Peyton to Luck. It's too bad Luck is like Harry from the Harry and the Hendersons. Otherwise he'd have red helmet mark like his predecessor.

WedgeX

Banned
Yeah it seem pretty crazy that he's picking AZ over SD but I think its because he see's a QB in the draft he really likes.

The Cardinals have the 7th pick in the draft so I wouldn't be surprised if they traded up to get a Geno Smith like the Redskins did last year. Hell at #5 there are plenty of QBs that will be left so we have a great chance of trading down and getting some more picks.

Going to be a really interesting offseason and draft. I'm also really interested to see if the Browns go with Chip Kelly or Nick Saban.

Has Mayhew ever traded down?

LukeSmith

Did you know in college football you only need 1 foot down to complete a catch?

The fuck is that shit? Are they kidding?

It's why an immediate litmus test for someone's taste can given with the question: NFL or NCAA football? Any dude who prefers the latter or doesn't like football isn't worth existing

He's certainly not a goober like your QB. It's actually amazing that the Colts went from Peyton to Luck. It's too bad Luck is like Harry from the Harry and the Hendersons. Otherwise he'd have red helmet mark like his predecessor.

Rand dies in the end

Brady is awesome and all, but I have a hard time thinking of any QB that gets hit once and then starts seeing ghosts as the best. I don't think I've ever seen Peyton do that.

squicken

Packers are in the top ten passing defenses? Lol

My casual observation of your pass defense was that it was pretty decent. This isn't an insult, but I felt they were good when the ball was in the air, but bad once the receivers made a catch

But also, and this helps the Rams and their inflated pass D rankings, they played a lot of bad passing offenses. STL, MINx2, SEA, AZ, TEN, JAX, CHIx2, and SF all struggle with the passing game. I do think AZ, SEA, and SF have genuinely good pass defenses. All gave trouble to Brady (until Smith got hurt) and Rodgers

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Talon

Three years ago I talked up Joique Bell quite a bit, and then he kept bouncing around, was actually with a couple of good franchise but was also stuck behind quality backs. Give the man the ball, he makes people miss. Not the fastest, certainly not the biggest, but he sets up his blocks and can make people miss. Good all round back, who costs next to nothing.
Jason Snelling fits this description as well. Man that large has no business breaking so many tackles or catching the ball so naturally,

squicken

I guess AZ can say they interviewed Horton, but everything moving so fast sort of highlights the lip service teams give the Rooney Rule

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Has Mayhew ever traded down?

I don't think so but I don't see why he wouldn't considering so many teams need a QB, and there is a ton of draft talent at DE, OL and maybe Dee Milliner if he falls.

I've actually warmed up to drafting Dee because he seems to be the only lockdown DB in the first round of the draft. I'd love to have Chris Houston at #2 where he belongs.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hit a new Gaming Milestone

200,000 Points on the ol' PS3

Took close to 3.5 years to get to it

Ænima

Griffin led the league in yards per pass with a higher completion rate and half as many interceptions as Wilson, which may have you wondering how on earth Wilson finished higher in our rankings. Strength of schedule is part of it. Wilson had to run the brutal gauntlet of NFC West defenses, while Griffin's schedule was somewhat easier than average. Without opponent adjustments, Griffin's DVOA was five points higher than Wilson's; with them, it was three points lower. Also, Griffin's yardage total was skewed by a small number of very big plays. Many of his completions were actually dink-and-dunk plays. All told, 27 percent of his completions failed to gain meaningful yardage towards a new set of downs. Of the 27 quarterbacks with at least 200 completions, only Jay Cutler, Brandon Weeden, and Christian Ponder had a higher share of dumpoffs and checkdowns.
Ah yes the classic "well if you take away all his big plays he isn't very good" arguement. The line of reasoning that makes Barry Sanders the shittiest running back in NFL history.

squicken

Does Ralph stepping down mean anything? Help at all with the coaching search?

Ænima;45959534 said:
Ah yes the classic "well if you take away all his big plays he isn't very good" arguement. The line of reasoning that makes Barry Sanders the shittiest running back in NFL history.

Stat guys generally like Sanders. They hold it against QBs for short passes. Air Yards are the big thing. FWIW FO still likes Griffin, just not as much as Wilson

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Adam Schefter said that San Diego was emphatically against Reid as their head coach.

Matthew Stafford stats last two years:

10,005 Yards, 61 TDs, 4 Rushing TDs, 33 INTs, 6 Fumbles, 88.5 QBR

Only 24 years old. Stay scared NFL GAF.

We get this stud a defense that can make a few stops combined with a semi-decent running game and this team will be making noise for a long time to come.

How high was his cholesterol?

Plinko

I don't think so but I don't see why he wouldn't considering so many teams need a QB, and there is a ton of draft talent at DE, OL and maybe Dee Milliner if he falls.

I've actually warmed up to drafting Dee because he seems to be the only lockdown DB in the first round of the draft. I'd love to have Chris Houston at #2 where he belongs.

We desperately need a DE or CB. Millner would be great but my guess is we go with Werner.

Also, if Joeckel is there and they pass on a franchise LT I'm going to be furious.

Can't wait until our GAF draft prediction so I can 100% accurately choose the Lions pick again.

Dragon

Banned

We get this stud a defense that can make a few stops combined with a semi-decent running game and this team will be making noise for a long time to come.

How many playoff games did he win?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Do you buy all your games? I get the feeling a lot of high gamerscore, trophy score are result of renters. Which is less impressive to me.

gaM2Rl.jpg

=3

I do wait for sales though here and there >.>;

Like Black Friday I bought close to $800 worth of games for roughly $350

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We desperately need a DE or CB. Millner would be great but my guess is we go with Werner.

Also, if Joeckel is there and they pass on a franchise LT I'm going to be furious.

Can't wait until our GAF draft prediction so I can 100% accurately choose the Lions pick again.

You picked Riley Reiff last year? I really liked that pick but wouldn't have guessed the Lions were gonna take him.

I'd love to have Joeckel but I don't think he falls to us unfortunately. Mayhew has the BPA philosophy so no way he lets Joeckel fall but Luke doesn't get passed the Eagles IMO.

Hopefully we don't pay Avril what he wants since he's overrated and we draft his replacement with Damontre Moore/Dion Jordan/Werner or we go Milliner and draft Avrils replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round which shouldn't be that hard to do.

WedgeX

Banned

Joeckel at LT and Reiff at RT?

Yes please.

Spinluck

I am scared, for him.

Not sure if you should play with blood clots.

I call this dance move, The Cancer.

I hope Flacco tries too hard to be elite this Sunday.

Cancer did him a favor and removed that idiotic goatee from his face. He learned nothing. I'll forgive him if he beats the shit outa Fluke-o this weekend. Which I think would also mean Indy would go to Denver. Now that would be interesting.

Matt Stafford career record: 17-28

enjoy your hollow stats while having losing season after losing season. stafford is a loser

Top Bottom