• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

squicken

NFC West was already the best division in football before this move, this just solidifies it.

I thought it'd be Harbs and Fish for a long time. But w/ Cheatin' Pete having a solid pharmaceutical plan in place, and having the wisdom to take Russell, he'll wind up being the best

MechDX

:jnc

Aaron Carr coming up.

I do. I get the doom and gloom out of my system during the week, then by the time the weekend rolls around I'm pumped up again. (only to be awesomely Suh'd in the Schaub)

We were 11-1 when you showed back up.....just sayin

Ænima

Stat guys generally like Sanders. They hold it against QBs for short passes. Air Yards are the big thing. FWIW FO still likes Griffin, just not as much as Wilson
I honestly don't mind the site picking Wilson over Griffin. I just think the concept of long yardage plays "skewing" statistics is asinine. These plays are usually game changers.

The biggest thing imo that often skews QB stats is putting up garbage time numbers when your team is down and playing against the prevent.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Does anyone actually think that the Browns will end up with a big name head coach? Chip Kelly is going to a better organization and Nick Saban is already with a better organization.

LJ11

Does Ralph stepping down mean anything? Help at all with the coaching search?

No idea, can't hurt. Results are all that matter, won't know until they make a selection, sounds better than the last go around. You already hear Lovie trying to tie his name to the job, everyone ran for the hills last go around.

Biggest mistake was not cleaning house until after year two of the Nix/Gailey regime. They kept old college director and scouts, finished two drafts, and then fired them. Loyalty rears it's ugly head once again. Honestly wouldn't have mattered for the first draft, scouts had already done their workups by the time Nix took over, so it would have impacted year 2 and on. If they drafted better in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the first two drafts they'd be in a better situation. Not even talking about selecting a QB, just talent.

Whoever selected A.Williams in the 2nd round, or had him graded that high, should have been executed on site. You'd have to be a fool to believe he would suddenly find a way to play the ball at the next level.

Stat guys generally like Sanders. They hold it against QBs for short passes. Air Yards are the big thing. FWIW FO still likes Griffin, just not as much as Wilson

Yeah, Barry made people miss, he had negative runs, but he constantly made people miss and that's something you can't scheme or teach.

squicken

Does anyone actually think that the Browns will end up with a big name head coach? Chip Kelly is going to a better organization and Nick Saban is already with a better organization.

Haslam has said he want to end era of people coming to CLE to pick up a check. So it could be the right move. And they have no choice with Banner having all that power. No big name will work with that setup

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl
Also, 2 GM candidates I spoke to over last week ranked Browns either #1 or #2 for best roster of all projected openings. Like young roster.

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl
Lots to like about Browns. Banner is extremely aggressive. Will be very competitive when he knows what he wants.

Miguel

You were contemplating it before the pats. Bastard.
Writing was on the wall after the bye week. Various parts of the team have been sputtering since the bye. They had the other side, usually the defense, save them. Now both sides are floundering, and Joe Marciano hasn't awakened from his season long nap yet either.

Yet for some reason, I'm not worried about the Bengals.

Time to prepare for the Cheats.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How many playoff games did he win?

Matt Stafford career record: 17-28

enjoy your hollow stats while having losing season after losing season. stafford is a loser

He took over the worst team in NFL history where Calvin Johnson and Gosder Cherlious (RT) were the only talent we had to transition from the Millen era.

3 years after getting drafted he lead us to our first playoff appearance in over a decade. I promise you even at this young age if you put Stafford at QB for the Niners you guys win the Super Bowl.

The talent at defense outside of DT and maybe two other players has been garbage and has failed to keep offenses from scoring plus garbage ST play has killed us this year. This will improve over time through the draft and free agency.

eznark

Banned
He took over the worst team in NFL history where Calvin Johnson and Gosder Cherlious (RT) were the only talent we had to transition from the Millen era.

3 years after getting drafted he lead us to our first playoff appearance in over a decade. I promise you even at this young age if you put Stafford at QB for the Niners you guys win the Super Bowl.

The talent at defense outside of DT and maybe two other players has been garbage and has failed to keep offenses from scoring plus garbage ST play has killed us this year. This will improve over time through the draft and free agency.

One year after Calvin carried him to the playoffs he turned that team into a 4 win fuckfest.

squicken

Writing was on the wall after the bye week. Various parts of the team have been sputtering since the bye. They had the other side, usually the defense, save them. Now both sides are floundering, and Joe Marciano hasn't awakened from his season long nap yet either.

Marciano has terrible for a long time. Lifetime employment

MechDX

Well, thats one.

jakncoke

Banned
That sounds more exciting than the depression that was experienced.

but omg did you know he threw for nearly 5k yards and Calvin Johnson is #1 in the yards ever in a season and did i mention he has the first 700 attempts season. did you know this? did you?

Striker

but omg did you know he threw for nearly 5k yards and Calvin Johnson is #1 in the yards ever in a season and did i mention he has the first 700 attempts season. did you know this? did you?
lol I just realized he had over 700 attempts. Good lord.

Ænima;45960118 said:
I honestly don't mind the site picking Wilson over Griffin. I just think the concept of long yardage plays "skewing" statistics is asinine. These plays are usually game changers.

The biggest thing imo that often skews QB stats is putting up garbage time numbers when your team is down and playing against the prevent.

You got my avatar ready for me yet? I am ready for the shame.

squicken

lol I just realized he had over 700 attempts. Good lord.

I'm not as sold or selling on him as others. Seems to have talent, and really, there is awful coaching there. Lots of players get their careers' doomed b/c of garbage coaches. Not like there is this pile of All Pros from Linehan's tenure in STL

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What was their respective target percentages?

How many years has it been since you watched a Lions game?

I'm not sure on the target percentage but not as much as you think. Stafford slings the ball to anyone that can get open and all his TE's and WR's put up great stats(not as much this year considering the injuries/suspensions).

25 of Staffords 41 TD passes went to someone other than Megatron. It's awesome to have Megatron, but a reciever can only be as good as the guy throwing him the ball. Look at the season Larry Fitzgerald had.

sJcNY.gif

Three years ago I talked up Joique Bell quite a bit, and then he kept bouncing around, was actually with a couple of good franchise but was also stuck behind quality backs. Give the man the ball, he makes people miss. Not the fastest, certainly not the biggest, but he sets up his blocks and can make people miss. Good all round back, who costs next to nothing.

I think the Lions will keep him.

Or I hope they do.

Scheffler needs to stay, too, because Pettigrew is horrendous.

Matthew Stafford stats last two years:

10,005 Yards, 61 TDs, 4 Rushing TDs, 33 INTs, 6 Fumbles, 88.5 QBR

Only 24 years old. Stay scared NFL GAF.

We get this stud a defense that can make a few stops combined with a semi-decent running game and this team will be making noise for a long time to come.

Best WR in the game, so many of his passes to Megatron is chuck and pray...

LukeSmith

I wish that Lions fans in the thread were more like Titans fans and Jags fans not named gator -- silent.

They seem to have this misguided zeal for a dumpster tier team

Top Bottom