• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Mrbob

Hope LJ is ready for the Lovie Smith era. You can take and modify my old avatar!

You just broke Bobs heart.

I just bought my wife a Galaxy S3. What apps does she need? Also, is there a way for her to give me videos like in that commercial on my iPhone?
When the Bears are the king of the NFC in a couple years ill be laughing from my diamond perch. The Beare are going after an up and coming offensive mind for head coach. Other teams can take the retreads!

Will I ever be able to purchase a Nexus 4 before they release the next version?

Mine has finally shipped but it is taking nearly a month since placing the order.

squicken

Listening to a podcast and having John Clayton mockingly refer to McDaniels as "Joshy Boy", I wonder if the rest of the nation's writers know how loathed he is out west. Even Sando makes fun of him being a coaching candidate

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Listening to a podcast and having John Clayton mockingly refer to McDaniels as "Joshy Boy", I wonder if the rest of the nation's writers know how loathed he is out west. Even Sando makes fun of him being a coaching candidate

Clayton calling anyone "boy" let alone McDaniels is hilarious. I lost respect for McDaniels as a HC forever when he drafted Tebow in the first because he thought he could change his mechanics to become a starting QB in the league. He'd be great as a college coach but one team out there is going to waste two years with him(in the pros).

jbug617

Banned
Clayton calling anyone "boy" let alone McDaniels is hilarious. I lost respect for McDaniels as a HC forever when he drafted Tebow in the first because he thought he could change his mechanics to become a starting QB in the league. He'd be great as a college coach but one team out there is going to waste two years with him.

He did pick Thomas over Bryant. Tebow did get Denver into the playoffs.

mr2xxx

Banned
I once said the same thing . . . then I wished I had the blind mannequin in a shopping cart

saccccccccccccjgyr5a.gif

WTF is that little butterball doing at center?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He did pick Thomas over Bryant too.

In hindsight thats a really tough pick. Demarious and Dez have both been playing like studs lately but I'd probably pick Thomas over Bryant because Thomas seems to be less of a head case.

Thomas learned under the Megatron code of discipline at GT.

jbug617

Banned
In hindsight thats a really tough pick. Demarious and Dez have both been playing like studs lately but I'd probably pick Thomas over Bryant because Thomas seems to be less of a head case.

Thomas learned under the Megatron code of discipline at GT.

yeah I stated it wrong. What I meant was that while he draft Tebow he also made the choice of Thomas over Bryant. Bryant was #1 WR coming out in the draft and he made the right pick.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That Clowny hit gets vicious after every replay

Good Lord, watching it live, I was like "He Dead!"

squicken

WTF is that little butterball doing at center?

muth070312-118xgz.jpg

Josh McDaniels

You read that right: his job is to run in a circle and then block anyone off the edge. That sounds absurd to me. It sounds even crazier when you consider a couple of things:

1) The Redskins run a 3-4. There is a very good chance that someone will be coming off the edge
2) The Rams ran the play-fake to the right, meaning there is a very good chance that Brian Orakpo will be that edge rusher.
3) Brian Orakpo is the Redskins best pass rusher, and probably their best player overall.
4) Centers are generally not good at blocking elite edge pass rushers with speed and length.
5) Brian Orakpo has speed and length.
6) What if they bring two guys off the edge? (I assume there’s a kill, but what happens if it is well-disguised?)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2012/word-muth-scouting-rams

effzee

2 questions.

What happened to Ninja?

And did Reid really say he can fix Kolb? At this point I doubt Kolb even wants to be coached by Reid again. Though I get the feeling now that Reid will revert back to what made him a good coach to begin with, bring together a good staff (especially for defense), and turn Arizona into a playoff team right away.

Why he couldn't see his own mistakes and do this with the Eagles over the past 5-6 seasons I'll never know. Every move was either a year too late or experimental.

Milchjon

2 questions.

What happened to Ninja?

He and Devolution destroyed some dude who felt like some girl owed him a relationship and sent her creepy texts when some other dude swooped in.

All three of them got banned.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506414&highlight=

And did Reid really say he can fix Kolb? At this point I doubt Kolb even wants to be coached by Reid again. Though I get the feeling now that Reid will revert back to what made him a good coach to begin with, bring together a good staff (especially for defense), and turn Arizona into a playoff team right away.

Why he couldn't see his own mistakes and do this with the Eagles over the past 5-6 seasons I'll never know. Every move was either a year too late or experimental.

"Sources" say he said so.

Damn man I thought we were cool. Reid has to say nice things about Kolb since he is still under contract, I bet he brings in Vick and grooms a young QB.

Donovan still has a house in Arizona right? Maybe he brings in Donovan too, starts grooming him as a coach. Philly redux all up in the desert sun.

Also, I'm going for lazy predictions and say all the home teams win this weekend.

Link

The Eagles are reported to be most interested in Oregon coach Chip Kelly. But O'Brien is very much on their radar.
A potential sticking point for O'Brien regarding the Eagles job could be their new general manager Howie Roseman. The club's 37-year-old salary cap guru is known to be held in low regard by O'Brien's mentor, Patriots coach Bill Belichick, and by another strong O'Brien contact, former Broncos head coach and Patriots assistant Josh McDaniels.

The fact that the cheat doesnt think much of Roseman makes me think the Eagles might actually have the right guy. I also find it really funny that OBrien talked most of the players into staying at Pedo State and now he is either going to jump ship after 1 year or hold the university hostage for more money. I really hope the Eagles dont get him, he seems like a real scumbag.

Hey Wrayfield, what are your hopes for the Dolphins in the off-season? Do you want to see them go after some big ticket free agents or just focus on developing young talent from the draft? Maybe both? I'm kind of undecided at the moment. Obviously it would be great to draft a few young studs and build the team up that way without having to resort to a FA who is probably out of their prime but I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a true no. 1 WR who can contribute at a high level right out of college. This team can't afford to go another year without a legitimate deep threat at WR though, so I hope that's priority #1 no matter how they decide to handle it.

Also, this off-season is a huge opportunity for Ireland given how much cap space and high picks the Dolphins have. If he manages to screw this up he has seriously got to go.

Kiryu

NFC North has the best record in football...sooo.
but NFC West bested NFC North...

Seahawks beat Viking, Packers, Bears 3-1

49ers beat Lions, Bears, Packers 3-1

Cardinals beat lions... 1-3

Rams beat none 0-4

Total: 7-9

---------

Packers beat Cardinals, Rams 2-2

Chicago Bears beat Cardinals, Rams 2-2

Viking beat Rams, Cardinals, 49ers 3-1

Lions beat Rams, Seahawks 2-2

Total: 9-7

Oh wait...

Fuck! NFC North's best division?

Not sure what you mean, I havent heard anyone ever say that McD was a scumbag, and definitely not Mangenious or Romeo.

I just assumed you just hated everybody ever associated with the Patriots. Maybe you do have a heart <3!

Hey Wrayfield, what are your hopes for the Dolphins in the off-season? Do you want to see them go after some big ticket free agents or just focus on developing young talent from the draft? Maybe both? I'm kind of undecided at the moment. Obviously it would be great to draft a few young studs and build the team up that way without having to resort to a FA who is probably out of their prime but I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a true no. 1 WR who can contribute at a high level right out of college. This team can't afford to go another year without a legitimate deep threat at WR though, so I hope that's priority #1 no matter how they decide to handle it.

Also, this off-season is a huge opportunity for Ireland given how much cap space and high picks the Dolphins have. If he manages to screw this up he has seriously got to go.

Trade us Bess for a 2014 fifth rounder seems like a great way to start the off season.

Trade us Bess for a 2014 fifth rounder seems like a great way to start the off season.
You know what, I'm just about fed up with the Pats taking underutilized talent from the Dolphins and finding ways to use it appropriately. No more! The only way I'd be okay with Bess leaving is if some team signed Colt Brennan and reunited the two in an offense that passed on 95% of their plays.

2004038763.jpg

Saints player rips into Spags:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...agnuolo-assailed-by-new-orleans-saints-player

"Trust me, all the guys were being politically correct this season when answering questions," the player told the newspaper. "It's bad."

"Players have no say in anything," the player complained. "... Nothing ever changed. It was his way only.

"Don't even get me started on lack (of) ability to adjust during games. Bad, bad, bad."

Spagnuolo was the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants in 2007, when the team won the Super Bowl, and 2008.

"He does have that good-guy persona, but he is a control freak and treats people like crap," the player said. "(He) has no patience and zero personality."

DeaconKnowledge said:
What the fuck ever. Learn how to tackle before you start ripping coaches.
Funny how he was considered a players coach and a very popular one at that when he was with the Giants, too.

Also, if you're going to trash a coach have the balls to put your name behind it. Don't just play the anonymous card.

(this would be the perfect time for that Saints CB player shaking his head and saying no at Spags as he comes over to talk to him during the Giants game. I can't find the gif at the moment)

Wrayfield

Hey Wrayfield, what are your hopes for the Dolphins in the off-season?

Scoring a field goal in Foxboro would be a start.

Do you want to see them go after some big ticket free agents or just focus on developing young talent from the draft? Maybe both? I'm kind of undecided at the moment. Obviously it would be great to draft a few young studs and build the team up that way without having to resort to a FA who is probably out of their prime but I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a true no. 1 WR who can contribute at a high level right out of college. This team can't afford to go another year without a legitimate deep threat at WR though, so I hope that's priority #1 no matter how they decide to handle it.

I'd prefer if they built through draft instead of big FA signings. With Ireland calling the shots, that's kind of hard, I know. FAs rarely work out, see Dansby. He might be serviceble, but he's never worth that kinda money. Haven't followed college ball much this season so can't tell who is any good at WR. I should probably ask our Senior Director of GAF NFL Scouting, LJ, to give me his prospect list, but he is a Bills fan so I can understand he wouldn't want to share with a Phins fan. :)

For what it's worth, I don't think a no 1 WR will make that much difference. Our playcalling has been really mediocre. I hope it's Philbin just not asking too much from Tannehill in his first year so maybe we will need a genuine big WR with top speed, but drafting at, what is it, 12, I'm not sure we will get him. Still not sold on him, Tannehill that is. Like no-nonsense Philbin. Came across a bit awkward in Hard Knocks, but turned out better. I say, invest in lesser a couple of known O-linemen with a bit more upside in FA for depth, try to find some more speed at WR but not necessarily first round talent. Add a bruising back a la Tolbert for redzone stuff. Add one or two TEs who are bigger but have less STD-problems. Franchise-tag Long and deal him for a couple of picks, even if they won't be very high. Maybe the Raiders will give us five 1st rounders or the Cards give us Fitzgerald and Dockett plus a 2nd rounder :). The rest, just shore up D. I mean it. Go for young hungry LBs who knock the living shit out of opponents. Speed, strength, attitude.

In all honesty, we've talked about this before, all I want them is to have a plan. Try to improve every position, all the way down the depth chart and stick to the plan. Don't do anything crazy. I'm more of a conservative guy in that respect. Open up the playbook a bit more, then we could be a Wildcard next year.

Shirtless Dutch said:

You be quiet now. Grrrr!

Top Bottom