• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Bowser

Twitter reports saying Richardson's meeting with Rivera isn't expected until tomorrow, so I guess we're still all quiet on the Panthers front :|

NFLGAF Bros.

I finally got my streaming to TV working, so I wanted to know what shows you guys recommend.

Don't bother suggesting the Wire or Curb as i'm watching them now, or Babylon 5/Firefly/some other nerd choice that my wife won't want anything to do with.

squicken

Wait what? How does Belichek have such a strong opinion on Roseman? And if he does and its negative then it must be something that's believed across the league. Because before this and the exception of Fred Ex I have never heard anything negative about anything Eagles related from Belichek.

Didn't have a high opinion of Roseman to begin with and now this makes me worry more. If potential coaches don't want to come here because of him, we might have to settle on someone who isn't the top choice. Sort of like how because of Washburn we couldn't get any legit DC to come here.

I think it's Bill O'Brien and Kelly would ask Belichick about Roseman, and Belichick's opinion would come from Reid

NFLGAF Bros.

I finally got my streaming to TV working, so I wanted to know what shows you guys recommend.

Don't bother suggesting the Wire or Curb as i'm watching them now, or Babylon 5/Firefly/some other nerd choice that my wife won't want anything to do with.

Deadwood and Rome were two good ones. Short runs so not much time investment

Fox318

NFLGAF Bros.

Netflix?

Dragon

Banned
Devolution I can understand. She thinks anything that happens to a female is a personal affront to her.

Meanwhile she publicly dates someone on the forum who acts like a clown. It's mystifying!

NFLGAF Bros.

I'd suggest some CW show like Vampire Diaries. It has hot chicks and it's a CW show so she's bound to like it!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFLGAF Bros.

Luther or Sherlock are great choices.

eznark

Banned
NFLGAF Bros.

The Thick of It

TheFatOne

NFLGAF Bros.

Babylon 5 is so good, but season 1 is terrible. How about The Shield? I can't decide if I like The Shield or The Wire better both are awesome shows, and The Shield has an awesome ending.

harSon

Banned
NFLGAF Bros.

What exactly have you seen thus far? I could supply a pretty decent list if I knew your tastes, and/or what you've already seen.

I'm currently watching Battlestar Galactica (although I'm a the point in Season 3 where it supposedly starts to take a nose dive) and quite like it thus far. It's heavy on action and is heavy on the drama, so it's probably accessible to your wife.

effzee

Jags update:

Why is he considered a candidate? I mean the Cardinals personnel guy?

And well that's just great that Reid is opening up about Roseman to other candidates. Hey Reid you fat fuck why didn't you speak about it to Lurie when they promoted him?

Nothing makes sense. I want Howie out as well. Can't we just start fresh completely?

bionic77

NFLGAF Bros.

Def Big Bang Theory. It is a GAF favorite.

I would recommend Sherlock on Netflix if you have not already seen it. Everything is going to see like shit after you watch the Wire and Curb though.

I want to recommend Arrested Development but I don't know how well it has aged.

What exactly have you seen thus far? I could supply a pretty decent list if I knew your tastes, and/or what you've already seen.

I'm currently watching Battlestar Galactica (although I'm a the point in Season 3 where it supposedly starts to take a nose dive) and quite like it thus far. It's heavy on action and is heavy on the drama, so it's probably accessible to your wife.

Can't stand shows that don't go anywhere/fizzle out/ get canceled before the intended ending. I don't watch much TV so whatever I watch has to be worth it.

I think i'll start with the Shield, since i've been meaning to watch that for years.

I would recommend Sherlock on Netflix if you have not already seen it. Everything is going to see like shit after you watch the Wire and Curb though.

I loved AD the first year but it got really crazy the second season and by the last half I completely lost interest.

Dragon

Banned

AD is amazing still. I just did a rewatch with some family over the holidays.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Can't stand shows that don't go anywhere/fizzle out/ get canceled before the intended ending. I don't watch much TV so whatever I watch has to be worth it.

I think i'll start with the Shield, since i've been meaning to watch that for years.

Great show. Just push through the first 3-4 episodes and you're good.

Bowser

Pretty crazy, I used to think BBT was fucking dumb (only saw a few eps here and there). But my roommate would always leave it on when it was randomly on TBS and Fox, so I'd suck it up and watch and I started to like the show a bit.

Long story short, I spent a good chunk of my Christmas break marathoning the series and am now all caught up. 122 episodes in roughly 10 days. It really is a great show.

Pretty crazy, I used to think BBT was fucking dumb (only saw a few eps here and there). But my roommate would always leave it on when it was randomly on TBS and Fox, so I'd suck it up and watch and I started to like the show a bit.

Long story short, I spent a good chunk of my Christmas break marathoning the series and am now all caught up. 122 episodes in roughly 10 days. It really is a great show.

I would let the blond chick buy me a diner.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sucks about Lewis. I wish he had one more full season.

harSon

Banned
Just about to suggest both of these. BBC show/miniseries>>>>>American TV

Not really Lol. Similar to American television, there's a ton of shitty British shows for every gem.

The only thing I like about British television is the fact that their seasons are short, as are a lot of the shows in general, which doesn't make them too much of a time commitment. Having said that, both Luther and Sherlock are fantastic.

Top Bottom