• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Jimmy will be at the interview too, he's our Trump card. I think he's a guy that gets what he wants.

Couldnt you say that about most NFL owners? Lurie seems like he will go after what he wants as well. I really think it will be fascinating, I do think the Browns are the favorites to land him though.

squicken

I really don't get the Chip Kelly love. I gotta be missing something.

It's the economics of his system

The idea is that it's really hard to find Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers types, but easier to find the zone read QBs that are all over college. So run a modified college offense using less expensive players at QB, and have a system in place that acknowledges that the style will produce injuries at the position, but be able to develop multiple QBs who can play in any given season

It's easier to find 85% of Russel Wilson than it is to find 85% of Tom Brady. Stop drafting Gabberts in the first round when it's extraordinarily unlikely those guy will develop into elite QBs

Hell no! If I didnt have kids I would live in the city now. Houston has really cleaned up nice downtown. You are in a good spot with a lot of culture.

Wouldn't downtown Houston be considerably more expensive than Sugar Land? Isn't that pretty much the only reason people move to the 'burbs - because it's cheaper?

I'm with you, I'd always prefer to live downdown in a big city as opposed to the 'burbs. But space is at a premium(especially in the nicer areas) so shit can get really expensive really fast

edit---

also thanks for the cheddarhead link

Couldnt you say that about most NFL owners? Lurie seems like he will go after what he wants as well. I really think it will be fascinating, I do think the Browns are the favorites to land him though.
If the Browns don't get Chip I'll probably go into a legit mad rage of epic proportions, especially after Rg3 last year. I'm excited to see this Bowl game tomorrow though.

Godslay

Banned
It's the economics of his system

The idea is that it's really hard to find Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers types, but easier to find the zone read QBs that are all over college. So run a modified college offense using less expensive players at QB, and have a system in place that acknowledges that the style will produce injuries at the position, but be able to develop multiple QBs who can play in any given season

It's easier to find 85% of Russel Wilson than it is to find 85% of Tom Brady. Stop drafting Gabberts in the first round when it's extraordinarily unlikely those guy will develop into elite QBs

So if Kelly comes to Cleveland, all their QBs are essentially the wrong style?

Miguel

Texans and Packers playing in 3 days, and this is what we're discussing lol. Our team may be a lame duck, But the city is hoppin

MechDX

Wouldn't downtown Houston be considerably more expensive than Sugar Land? Isn't that pretty much the only reason people move to the 'burbs - because it's cheaper?

I'm with you, I'd always prefer to live downdown in a big city as opposed to the 'burbs. But space is at a premium(especially in the nicer areas) so shit can get really expensive really fast

edit---

also thanks for the cheddarhead link

Probably be a little cheaper but not too much. Plus if you're a student 59 into downtown is a freaking nightmare!

Texans and Packers playing in 3 days, and this is what we're discussing lol. Our team may be a lame duck, But the city is hoppin

Well my Chuys dinner did cower when I looked at it like Schaub does an opposing defense. I then devoured my dinner like said opposing defense. Afterwards I ripped a good one and mumbled "There is your gameplan Kubiak!"

MechDX

Go Oilers!

toilers_zps3ad9df14.gif

They break our hearts enough now they should wear the badge of shame.

I am a student and i will have to take 59 into downtown :(

You're not living in sugarland right? If you live near Westheimer where are you driving to?

Godslay

Banned
No no no
Edit: but all our Qbs do make me smh

I still like Weeden.

I thought he was in a pro-style offense in Oklahoma State?

Yeah but he can find zone read proficient QBs late in the draft. They won't be as good as RG3, but they will be closer to RG3 than Matt Barkley will be to Peyton Mannning

http://thesportseconomist.com/2013/01/02/option-in-nfl-zvi-griliches-one-more-time/

So what your telling me is that Tebow would work perfectly in a Chip Kelly offense in Cleveland.

Colt is still there right? He's mobile enough to be passable. Chip needs to bring in his guys, though.

Is he?

I'm watching some crazy ass 1 ton man eater croc on Animal Planet. Good thing Gator is a gator.

squicken

So what your telling me is that Tebow would work perfectly in a Chip Kelly offense in Cleveland.

The problem with committing full time to zone read or Matt Schaub is of course the same as the wishbone. You fall behind and you are dead. Griffin can throw it. Tebow can't. But I always felt having McGahee was something that hurt them both last year and this year before he got hurt. Too slow to be a feature back, and doesn't break tackles like a power back

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

LOL look what I found in one of my old boxes in my closet. Texans are the Oilers. Were you even born yet? YAWNS IN THE CITY YAWNS MY MAN

I feel old :(

Sorry about the size, wanted my fellow Texans fans to read the article by Pancakes lol Oilers went on to lose that game.

photo2-2_zps0ca1f74d.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
There's tons of jobs in NYC too. Don't need to be racist and homophobic to be a place with jobs available.

I'm from Houston and live in NYC, nothing you write makes sense.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You are crazy, man.

Texas is fucking awesome!

Why don't you like it?

The weather
Road quality (every road in Irving anyway is broken)
The weather
The traffic
The weather
The weather
Texas is ugly (whoever said Texas was pretty was lying, reminds me of a dry and hot version of Missouri)

I actually prefer Houston to Dallas though. Houston feels like a proper major city whereas Dallas feels more like a Franken-city where all these cities just merged into one giant mess and then 635 was built just so I could be tortured every time the wife wanted to go to the Galleria in Dallas.

Jobs and future NFL QB's?

Yeah we are all racist and homophobic....looks at Houstons openly lesbian mayor. Yeah no racism in NY. None.

The only thing he could be talking about is stereotypical rural texans. I lived in SA for 4 years and i have no idea what he's talking about.

The problem with committing full time to zone read or Matt Schaub is of course the same as the wishbone. You fall behind and you are dead. Griffin can throw it. Tebow can't. But I always felt having McGahee was something that hurt them both last year and this year before he got hurt. Too slow to be a feature back, and doesn't break tackles like a power back

The biggest problem with McGahee is his knack for fumbling the ball at inopportune times. One of the biggest things holding Denver back has been turnovers. McGahee had that streak not too long ago of having lost a fumble in every game he played.

The weather
Road quality (every road in Irving anyway is broken)
The weather
The traffic
The weather
The weather
Texas is ugly (whoever said Texas was pretty was lying, reminds me of a dry and hot version of Missouri)

I actually prefer Houston to Dallas though. Houston feels like a proper major city whereas Dallas feels more like a Franken-city where all these cities just merged into one giant mess and then 635 was built just so I could be tortured every time the wife wanted to go to the Galleria in Dallas.

I've only ever visited Dallas and i wasn't impressed. Traffic is hell for sure and i agree that Texas is somewhat ugly as far as scenery. You can always travel though!

I love the weather.

Matrix

You post at texanstalk.com? There is a NYC Texans fan group that organizes there for gameday.

Nope, just clutchfans (though most don't know shit about football) and here.

That's enough message board shit for my old ass hah

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
One thing I was surprised by in Texas was that literally nobody has given me crap for wearing Packers gear everywhere. I met more chippy folks in Arkansas. I'll get weird looks in rural Texas but everyone is absurdly nice out there and I'm assuming that Dallas/Houston has so many transplants that you can find fans of any team so it's no big deal.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah Texas is so racist that the most racially diverse area in the country is right here in Irving! They beat out Queens of all places!

Bro im losing my shit over here.
Like im fucking teary eyed. Like this is to fuck much. No Lewis likely no reed.

SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP ASSURED!!!! WIN IT FOR RAY!!!

I'm actually kinda shook from this. Not that I don't think he's gotten old and should retire, but, man, that's Ray. He's always there. He's a fixture on the Ravens and Baltimore. He's the football Cal Ripken. Me sad.

Whatever Ray does next, he will be awesome at it.

Ray Ray and Hines to share TV time on NFL networks in 2013-2014.

Matrix

If there are no racists in New York why is Spike Lee such a humorless cunt?

I met him in person when I was like 12 through an actor friend, I was already taller than him. He gave me a dirty look and barely spoke. Spike Lee doesn't like white people.

Top Bottom