• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Godslay

Banned
The problem with committing full time to zone read or Matt Schaub is of course the same as the wishbone. You fall behind and you are dead. Griffin can throw it. Tebow can't. But I always felt having McGahee was something that hurt them both last year and this year before he got hurt. Too slow to be a feature back, and doesn't break tackles like a power back

I was half joking about Tebow. I can see what you are getting at though. Everything is fine and dandy running the option until you fall behind. Then you have to throw yourself back into the game. So basically the offense either has to get out ahead, or the defense has to be able to keep you within striking distance. Basically what happened in Denver last year.

It's interesting that you mention McGahee like that, because others on the official Broncos forum shared the same thoughts on him. In fact some wanted Eddie Royal to be shifted over as Tebow's RB, simply because he would be faster and a more dynamic option than McGahee. Similar to what he had with Harvin at UF.

One thing I was surprised by in Texas was that literally nobody has given me crap for wearing Packers gear everywhere. I met more chippy folks in Arkansas. I'll get weird looks in rural Texas but everyone is absurdly nice out there and I'm assuming that Dallas/Houston has so many transplants that you can find fans of any team so it's no big deal.

When I lived in San Antonio (and visited the outskirt cities), there were a ton of Pittsburgh and New Orlean fans, so it would not surprise me if this were true. My experiences told me that the Texas teams were not actually as popular in the home state as people would have you believe.

eznark

Banned
Spike Lee, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson can all go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yeah, that whole Tawanna Brawley thing happened in New York. I guess since Sharpton had to stage racism there probably are no actual racists in New York.

Nothing you can say can take you being a Browns fan
Your typing skills amaze me smh
tumblr_m8rokmV6zL1qhk6l1.gif

JABEE

Howard Eskin on 94 WIP in Philadelphia is saying Reid cancelled his flight to Arizona and is considering Kansas City. Reid also said that to Eskin according to Eskin that San Diego is still in the mix. The entire Reid team smiled when he asked whether they had a contract with KC drawn up. Eskin said that Reid said he had to talk to his wife about Kansas City.

Bowser

Howard Eskin on 94 WIP in Philadelphia is saying Reid cancelled his flight to Arizona and is considering Kansas City. Reid also said that to Eskin according to Eskin that San Diego is still in the mix. The entire Reid team smiled when he asked whether they had a contract with KC drawn up. Eskin said that Reid said he had to talk to his wife about Kansas City.

GeoffMosherCSN: RT @roobcsn: Just got text from Andy Reid, said Chiefs interview went well, was very long. Cards interview might be pushed back to Friday.

Reid offered Google Fiber in KC and said "damn."

squicken

Terrible division. Peyton can't play forever. Owner that is patient to a fault and doesn't meddle. Can see why he'd like that job

Hunter S.

God damn gator are getting stomped

First time I choose to watch college in years.

Dissapointed!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Reid can turn around that ghetto city. KC has 19 seasons without a playoff win. Only out done by the lions, and soon to be winners, da Bungles.
The more you know!!!

First time I choose to watch college in years.

Dissapointed!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Reid can turn around that ghetto city. KC has 19 seasons without a playoff win. Only out done by the lions, and soon to be winners, da Bungles.
The more you know!!!
Chiefs have alot of talent on that roster, I don't think they're that far off

Hunter S.

Chiefs have alot of talent on that roster, I don't think they're that far off

They still have no QB, so unless Reid works wonders in one year. I doubt they will turn things around without at least 3 seasons of work. I do not expect rookies of this coming year to be as successful as this year. Still will have to wait on Reid.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I heard either Schefter or Mortensen say that San Diego was an emphatic 'no' when it came to wanting Andy Reid. They wanted nothing to do with him.

Bowser

Eagles might be setting up a fallback option if Kelly goes elsewhere:

caplannfl: I'm hearing the #Eagles are in the process of trying to set up an interview with PSU HC Bill O'Brien over the next few days.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
How many of you Houston area GAF live in Sugar Land? Been thinking of moving there recently. I live in Angleton down in Brazoria County.

Eh, good point, but it'd be like the Lions after Ross, Morinwhig, Mooch, and Marinelli.

Constantly in the "rebuilding" phase, coaches focus on moral victories, and nothing ever gets done!

MechDX

When I lived in San Antonio (and visited the outskirt cities), there were a ton of Pittsburgh and New Orlean fans, so it would not surprise me if this were true. My experiences told me that the Texas teams were not actually as popular in the home state as people would have you believe.

No. Dallas still controls most of the state but the Texans are gaining mindshare. You see so many reps of other teams due to the states big ass population. The state has tons of jobs in many different fields and it draws a lot of transplants.

Heck there is a Steelers themed pizzeria in the Woodlands:
http://www.steelcitypizzeria.com/

I got a philly cheesesteak shop a few blocks from my house that is themed in Philly sports memorabilla:

http://www.phillycheesesteakco.com/

Damn yankees!

MechDX

Stolen blatantly from TexansTalk:

WELL....thats why i made this for them

Bob Mcnair presents real men of Genius
...."Real men of genius"....

Today we salute you Mr. Conservative play caller
...."Mr Conservative ass play caller"....
While other coaches would pass on 3rd and 23, you run a draw
That they never saw coming
...."Never saw it coming"....
Nobody blows a time out better than you, and you know it
Cause who needs time outs when the games already out of reach
...."Out of reach"....
One lucky call and you get into Field goal, Even though you need a TD to catch up
Fans Boo you like your an idiot
Its because you are
...."Oh yes you are"....
So crack open that same old play book Bob Mcnairs guy
Cause your not calling the play
When there is an ask madden button there to help you
...."The Conservative ass play caller"....

FINE PRINT
"Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans Head Coach, Houston Texas"

Fits Kubiak to a T.

Top Bottom