• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

MechDX

My girlfriend knitted me a scarf for xmas.

Your posts lately are as despressing as your avatar.
image.php

Fox318

It actually is a really awesome gift. It does match my schools colors which is really nice.

Honestly she is just as rabid of a Jets fan as I am.

squicken

Finally got around to listening to STL radio people talking about Spags report

-Was not a crazy control freak when he got there

-Highly recommended by NYG, loved by players, coaches, staff

-stress/power changed him. wanted reports on marketing and accounting. what colors the walls were painted

-mantra was always "the system works. trust the system". refused to adapt. could or would not change. seems this is still rep in NO

-the building threw a party when he was fired. literally. the administrative staff had a party

-suspect anonymous quote comes from vilma, even though he publicly admonished it. known before bounty stuff as political guy who worked press well

exarkun

The sage advice given to me is to stay inside the donut hole or outside the donut, never inside the donut.

Although there are horrible areas inside the donut hole as well so I dunno.

Hmmm...my family lives inside the donut tho.

You callin us ghetto? I'll cut you.

cajunator

Banned
The sage advice given to me is to stay inside the donut hole or outside the donut, never inside the donut.

Although there are horrible areas inside the donut hole as well so I dunno.

I had to get one of our drivers away from a store in Greenspoint, because there was a shootout going on at the shell across the street. Some bad areas all over houston.

What is Steelers-GAF's opinion of Manti Te'o?

He'd be a 2 down linebacker. Unnaceptable.

We need speed at the position. Ideally A physical clone of Timmons With Potsie's brain is what we'd need.

Personally I think Spence is the guy. Same frame as Foote but stronger and much quicker, with the same mind for the game. Taller TE's would wreck him though. Dude is short.

Eznark, after giving the 'Wrinkle Neck Mules' a listen for the last few days, I have to say that I'm not really digging it. Some of their songs I kinda like, 'When Things Unravel' and 'Let the Lead Fly' for instance, but other songs just feel off.

I wonder who would be a better fit for the Dolphins, Jennings or Wallace? Jennings makes more sense I suppose because of his connections with Philbin and I'm sure he'd fit into the offense very quickly in Miami but Wallace is three years younger which is kind of nice. Wallace also seems to be less prone to injuries, he's only missed one game in his four years with the Steelers.

Also, ESPN's picture of Mike Wallace is pretty funny:

i

Eznark after giving 'Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan' a listen for the last few days, I have to say that I'm not digging it. Some of their songs I kinda like, 'White People Awake' and 'Pull the Trigger', for instance, but other songs just feel off.

squicken

This is kind of an incredible stat. CJ Spiller had 12 rushes that went for 20 yards or more, which was second this year. Charles and Martin had 11. Peterson had 27.

MIN is the only team that had more runs of 20+ yards than it did passes. No one else is close. KC had 36 passes and 13 runs for 20+ yards. MIN had 33 runs and 28 passes go for big plays

When Barry Sanders was going nuts he did at least have Herman Moore outside catching passes. MIN is really just the Adrian Peterson show. It just doesn't seem possible that a team like that can win a road playoff game

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Eznark after giving 'Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan' a listen for the last few days, I have to say that I'm not digging it. Some of their songs I kinda like, 'White People Awake' and 'Pull the Trigger', for instance, but other songs just feel off.
Well Shit

squicken

Slo

Unique culture.

I wonder who would be a better fit for the Dolphins, Jennings or Wallace? Jennings makes more sense I suppose because of his connections with Philbin and I'm sure he'd fit into the offense very quickly in Miami but Wallace is three years younger which is kind of nice. Wallace also seems to be less prone to injuries, he's only missed one game in his four years with the Steelers.

Miami will go after Dwayne Bowe and he'll be hurt 2/3 of the time.

jmdajr

The weather
Road quality (every road in Irving anyway is broken)
The weather
The traffic
The weather
The weather
Texas is ugly (whoever said Texas was pretty was lying, reminds me of a dry and hot version of Missouri)

I actually prefer Houston to Dallas though. Houston feels like a proper major city whereas Dallas feels more like a Franken-city where all these cities just merged into one giant mess and then 635 was built just so I could be tortured every time the wife wanted to go to the Galleria in Dallas.

So Dallas is all of Texas now? Go explore. Hill Country is not ugly. You can live places without traffic. Roads not bad everywhere.

Weather? well yeah you are kinda fucked there I suppose. But even then it snows in Dallas here and there.

At least say you just hate Dallas. It's cool.

So Dallas is all of Texas now? Go explore. Hill Country is not ugly. You can live places without traffic. Roads not bad everywhere.

Weather? well yeah you are kinda fucked there I suppose. But even then it snows in Dallas here and there.

At least say you just hate Dallas. It's cool.

Austin is beautiful and the best place in Texas

Bowser

lmao I totally forgot about this:

Adam Rank‏@adamrank
Ryan insulted Turner in ’11 when he said he would have won a couple of rings in SD. Now Ryan wants Norv as OC. #awkwardinterviews

I have a co-worker who moved from Poughkeepsie->Austin->Raleigh. She couldn't wait to get out of Austin. Said it was brown all the time. Dead grass, dusty, etc. Hated it.

When you hate Austin worse than Poughkeepsie, NY... damn.

How long did she live in Austin? Seems like she was here for winter... Or when Texas was going through the huge drought.

effzee

Speaking of quarterbacks, Paolantonio also has an intriguing opinion regarding the potential plans for filling out the depth chart in Arizona. He said he wouldn’t be shocked if Reid invites former Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to serve as a backup for the Cardinals. “Reid had to be talked into trading McNabb to Washington by the General Manager, Howie Roseman, kicking and screaming,” Paolantonio said. “I’m just warning you, don’t be surprised if it happens.”

DONNIE!

Fuck you Howie you POS. We needed so much help at OLINE, DLINE, LB, and Safeties but you wanted to make a splash!

DONNIE :(

EDIT: Though why would he pick him over Vick at this point?

Theres no way Piloi stays if Reid is the coach in KC is there?

Doubt it.

Reid has had some to very strong say in personnel moves since he arrived in Philly basically. And his stock is still pretty high so I doubt he just relinquishes that power.

Eagles might be setting up a fallback option if Kelly goes elsewhere:

I keep going back and forth on if this should be option #1 anyway. NFL experience and success at both levels (though only 1 year at PSU).

I'd be happy with either guy but I am more concerned right now with our defense both in terms of players and coaches.

Still wouldn't mind a good DC, say from Seattle or San Francisco.

Oh man, I used to live there. Watching the Eagles lose to the Cardinals a few years back in the "Eagles SB"/NFC Champ game was so Fucking awesome. Total meltdown down.

Why bro? That one still haunts my soul.

I was sure. So sure.

Bowser

Why bro? That one still haunts my soul.

I was sure. So sure.

You were sure? Still haunts your soul?

delhomme.gif

When the Cards beat the Falcons I was giddy with delight, thinking we had a cakewalk to the NFC Championship game. Then we returned the opening kickoff to midfield, and I think 3 runs later we were in the endzone up 7-0. BofA was rocking...and then it all fell apart :(

We haven't been to the playoffs since...

Lovie Smith to interview with the Bills

Not a bad move, actually. I think the Bills need a defensive guy who can ratchet up that side of the ball a bit. They desperately need an OC who can play to the team's strengths and obviously a QB. Fitzpatrick is at best a stop-gap.

Top Bottom