• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

mr2xxx

Banned
According to espn "The lesson today involves what happens when a man willing to take sizable risks spots a player who could be a jackpot waiting to happen." How in the fuck was picking up Burfict a sizeable risk?

We are not talking about picking Randy Moss, Janakowski in the first or Pat White and other countless guys in early rounds type of risk here.Dude was undrafted, if he so much as sneezed wrong he was going to be cut without any penalty. Espn writers are a joke sometimes.... most if the time.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8809085

bluemax

Banned
There is no way Chip Kellys offenese would work in the pros. He either adapts, and uses a more conservative playbook, or he dies.

The Patriots are already using the tempo aspect of his offense with quite a bit of success.

His zone read stuff is pretty inside oriented, I don't see why it couldn't work.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The principles of his offense (tempo, situational awareness, zone read running plays) would absolutely work in the pros.

The success of tempo is based on the overall success the offense is having in any given game. NFL defenders are too fast and are able to cover ground in coverage and running plays much quicker then a PAC-10 defender. He will not be able to run plays every 10 seconds unless he has an elite pocket passer like Tom Brady who can call plays based on what the defense is giving him.

The option read/zone read has worked well in Washington but a lot of that offense is based on the zone blocking schemes Shanahan was running in Denver back in 1998. I'm still skeptical about the success of even Washington's zone read offense in the long run.

I just don't understand why a lot of fans are seeing him as the second coming of RGIII just based on the success of Jim Harbaugh (big time college coach =! success), who runs a pro-style offense anyway.

JCizzle

The Patriots are already using the tempo aspect of his offense with quite a bit of success.

His zone read stuff is pretty inside oriented, I don't see why it couldn't work.

I think that Pats game is still hurting the Niners. They haven't been the same team since Brady ran 92 against them. I buy that tempo and no huddle can be a legit NFL weapon, especially if it's just 1-2 teams featuring it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just can't wrap my head around this thing that Colin never kissed his wife before marriage ...

Shalin-Spani-Collin-Klein-wife-bio.jpeg

Dat forehead

Top Bottom