• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

This post just confirms that you're dead to me.

I think Cleveland has a good chance to land Kelly. They have a young, energetic team and some good, solid pieces to build from for the future. Also, Haslem seems like he's willing to pay Kelly as much money as he would like. If Kelly gets the control over the program that he's looking for, I could see that being where he goes.

That being said, knowing the history of sports in Cleveland, I can't say that something good is actually going to happen to that team. So to Philly he goes.

Bowser

PFT: Per a league source, while O’Brien was drawing interest at the NFL level, he couldn’t find anyone to write the (buyout) check to Penn State

Kiryu

734248_10100359590549695_809860788_n.jpg

That's our playoff history. :)

PFT: Per a league source, while O’Brien was drawing interest at the NFL level, he couldn’t find anyone to write the (buyout) check to Penn State

Makes sense. O'Brien may be a hot commodity, but I'm not sure he's 17 million+ hot right now.

Kiryu said:

Historically, the Seahawks have been hot garbage in the playoffs away from Seattle.

I still think they win though

cajunator

Banned
So are there any Chiefs fans in here or would I just be a point of ridicule?

Us saints fans have been getting most of it this year. Jets fans didnt want to be left out though. Also, we got beaten by you guys too. Jamal charles ran two and a half lengths of the field by himself.

Milchjon

Can't make that shit up.

Edit: I wonder if all his players had to service his wife like Revis. Or were those pics ever identified as fakes?

Godslay

Banned
Oh, there were lots of them.

And a few pics of someone who looks exactly like Revis rubbing her feet.

Also, Wes Welker's press conference after that was one of the better trash talks in recent history.

Yep, those are the ones. I remember the Welker press conference. It was pretty crazy at the time, the only downside is that they went on to lose to the Jets in the subsequent playoff game irc.

Wrayfield

Yep, those are the ones. I remember the Welker press conference. It was pretty crazy at the time, the only downside is that they went on to lose to the Jets in the subsequent playoff game irc.

Someone needs to step forward and post a video with footnotes. Loved Welker for this stupid shit. :)

Jim Wexell (Steleers beat writer) doesn't seem to think that Haley's gong anywhere. He was surprised to read Zeirlein's comments about Haley being gone.

squicken

Jim Wexell (Steleers beat writer) doesn't seem to think that Haley's gong anywhere. He was surprised to read Zeirlein's comments about Haley being gone.

Is the local guy the type that just does what the team tells him? Does he report rumors that can hurt the team? Not doubting it, just that in STL and HOU the writers in the paper are worthless for anything that hasn't already happened

I think I read a report he's not interested in Bills, and it's down to Cleveland and Philly .....
watch he signs with bills
It's hard to keep up with all of the rumors, haha. I hope he goes to Cleveland though, I'd love to see the Browns consistently at the top of the AFC North one day (assuming Kelly's got what it takes, of course).

Godslay

Banned
I think I read a report he's not interested in Bills, and it's down to Cleveland and Philly .....
watch he signs with bills

McCoy and Lovie are both interviewing with the Bills irc. For whatever reason I can picture Lovie in Buffalo. Wonder what LJ thinks about that?

Is the local guy the type that just does what the team tells him? Does he report rumors that can hurt the team? Not doubting it, just that in STL and HOU the writers in the paper are worthless for anything that hasn't already happened

Most of the Steelers beat guys are morons but Wexell is different. To be fair he does most of his reporting behind a paywall though.

Also, Zeirlein's comments just don't make sense. It smacks of the thinking before Haley was even hired that there was no way he would get the job because he wasn't a Steelers "guy".

When he did get hired the narrative turned to "he is the son of Dick Haley who helped build the 70's dynasty, of course he was gonna get hired".

eznark

Banned
That's the rumor surrounding Haley in Arizona it seems. "The owner really like the way he operated so obviously if he interviews there they will give him the job"

None of the coaching rumors to this point seem to have any merit. It's all just people trying to put two and two together without any concrete sources. Also, lots of agents trying to play people. Like Florio clearly working on behalf of Lovie Smith. I wonder how much he gets paid for that?

effzee

Why interview?

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel
A Penn State source said the numbers have yet to be finalized, but O'Brien and his staff are expected to receive significant raises.

That's why.

No I know why but its such a cop out. If you weren't a one and done guy then why even bother showing interest, unless of course its all about the money which it is.

There you go. With Kelly being the #1 option for many teams plus a good pool of assistants and coordinators available it wouldn't make sense to buy out his contract.

"I'm not a one and done guy" my ass...

Looked it up too. Looks like as long as Rex is there so is Sanchez. But in the words of Fox318, at least it's not Tebow. LOL.

ibfXP8cNgSN8A7.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

I turned on Boomer and Carton this morning and only caught a bit of this as I was headed to work.

BUT HOLY SHIT! This guy, this organization, and this whole team is such a joke.

Top Bottom