• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Looked it up too. Looks like as long as Rex is there so is Sanchez. But in the words of Fox318, at least it's not Tebow. LOL.

ibfXP8cNgSN8A7.jpg

Biggest clown organization in all of sports

squicken

Most of the Steelers beat guys are morons but Wexell is different. To be fair he does most of his reporting behind a paywall though.

Also, Zeirlein's comments just don't make sense. It smacks of the thinking before Haley was even hired that there was no way he wouldn't get the job because he wasn't a Steelers "guy".

When he did get hired the narrative turned to "he is the son of Dick Haley who helped build the 70's dynasty, of course he was gonna get hired".

Lance's sentiments are really shaped by his dad. The Rooneys wanted Tomlin to fire Arians, but Tomlin wanted Ben happy and Ben loved Arians, so he gave the Rooneys Lance's dad. I'm guessing the thinking is they'll do what Ben wants to keep him happy and fire Haley. Lance also knows people there, and would fire from the hip in HOU more than the local writer would in Pittsburgh

squicken

I can't really see it, but Twitter is saying the girl in the tattoo is not wearing a bottom, and is Tebowing. Could be Rex just screwing around

Lance's sentiments are really shaped by his dad. The Rooneys wanted Tomlin to fire Arians, but Tomlin wanted Ben happy and Ben loved Arians, so he gave the Rooneys Lance's dad. I'm guessing the thinking is they'll do what Ben wants to keep him happy and fire Haley. Lance also knows people there, and would fire from the hip in HOU more than the local writer would in Pittsburgh

Seems like Lance has a grudge against Pitt for firing his dad.

In Haley's exit interviews he said he loved working in Pitt (not that that means anything, but still).

The whole thing just strikes me as something that Ed Bouchette or Mark Kaboly (some of the more braindead beat guys) would dream up. Until Ben's freak injury he was having his best season ever under Haley. Why would the FO insist on pushing out Arians and protecting Ben just to push Haley out a season later?

squicken

Seems like Lance has a grudge against Pitt for firing his dad.

I think he likes Colbert and the Rooneys, but Lance definitely has beef with Ben and Tomlin. But the guy his dad hated was Arians. He thought that his OL kept getting exposed by all those long routes, and never running it, or keeping people in to help protect. Basically all the things everyone else thinks about Arians, only it got Larry fired

I think he likes Colbert and the Rooneys, but Lance definitely has beef with Ben and Tomlin. But the guy his dad hated was Arians. He thought that his OL kept getting exposed by all those long routes, and never running it, or keeping people in to help protect. Basically all the things everyone else thinks about Arians, only it got Larry fired

I really wonder what will happen to Arians long term. If you have a guy who can take the punishment his system is high reward, but it completely forsakes the running game. If he gets hired as coach for another team they better have athletic linemen that can play in space.

I don't think there is an o-line coach that exists that can make his guys look good with Arians.

squicken

I really wonder what will happen to Arians long term. If you have a guy who can take the punishment his system is high reward, but it completely forsakes the running game. If he gets hired as coach for another team they better have athletic linemen that can play in space.

I don't think there is an o-line coach that exists that can make his guys look good with Arians.

I'm not really familiar with his work before PITT, but Ben and Luck are like the only two QBs who can run that offense. Both are giants that can take the hits, and have an insane ability to move around in the pocket and not take sacks despite all the protection around them collapsing. Where is he going to go that has a QB that can also do that? Cutler can move, but he can't take the punishment

Wrayfield

If you want to judge it strictly by numbers, sure, but I think that unfairly trivializes the inhuman amount of incompetence required for something like the butt fumble. Advantage Sanchez, if you ask me.

Buttfumbles require unique talent. Seals are just killing machines. Be it as it may, I am sure that Seal could hit receivers much better than Sanchez, rifle or not.

I'm not really familiar with his work before PITT, but Ben and Luck are like the only two QBs who can run that offense. Both are giants that can take the hits, and have an insane ability to move around in the pocket and not take sacks despite all the protection around them collapsing. Where is he going to go that has a QB that can also do that? Cutler can move, but he can't take the punishment

In a way i'm disappointed that the Texans had a good season because I would like to see what Arians could do with that offense.

Smokey

In a way i'm disappointed that the Texans had a good season because I would like to see what Arians could do with that offense.

Schaub would be dead.

Dude peaked 3 years ago. He had all these yards but the team was shit and had no pressure so he was free to slang away. As the team has gotten better over the years he has gotten worse.

bionic77

Not sure Ben can take the punishment anymore either. The Arians offense really reduces your life expectancy as a qb.

But what the fuck. If you get a SB or two out of it it would be worth it. Other than insane fans everyone will take a SB over an extra 5 years of a qb's life winning the division and losing in the playoffs.

squicken

Not sure Ben can take the punishment anymore either. The Arians offense really reduces your life expectancy as a qb.

But what the fuck. If you get a SB or two out of it it would be worth it. Other than insane fans everyone will take a SB over an extra 5 years of a qb's life winning the division and losing in the playoffs.

Well I imagine crazy Jim Irsay wants Luck to be alive late into his 30s. I do agree though about the life expectancy. Luck is young and can take the hits. Doubt he'll recover as fast in 5 years or so

eznark

Banned
Guess the Reid stuff is true after all.

Either way Piloi had to leave. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to tuck his tail between his legs like Sporano did.

Supposedly the Chiefs are going to take a run at John Dorsey. Fuck you Chiefs!!

Chip Kelly to be the greatest coach ever. Mcnabb said that Chip wont work out as an NFL HC. Just last year Mcnabb predicted that RGIII wouldnt work out with the Redskins.

Top Bottom