• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Bowser

The Glaze confirms

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Scott Pioli and the Chiefs have parted ways, he is OUT in Kansas City

Bowser

The Panthers keep pushing Ron Rivera's exit interview back and back. It's now scheduled for Saturday

If he goes, I'd have to think that Reid would consider him as a DC for the Chiefs. He's from that coaching tree and his specialty on defense is the 3-4 that the Chiefs already run.

I have a hard time believing JR's the kind of man that would let Rivera twist in the wind for a week only to fire him over the weekend. I think the most telling part of that article is this bit:

League sources said the Panthers are targeting an up-and-coming GM with a strong scouting background, as opposed to a retread.

Brandt, who was with the Packers from 1999-2008, said a GM candidate “rising through the ranks might not be in position” to make the call on an existing coach’s future. “If it someone’s very established in the industry, they might have their opinion about what the head coach should be,” Brandt said.

Quikies83

The Glaze confirms

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Scott Pioli and the Chiefs have parted ways, he is OUT in Kansas City

Hooohoohoooooooshit!!!

ibiH2qwa55QKXr.gif

Spinluck

I'm not really familiar with his work before PITT, but Ben and Luck are like the only two QBs who can run that offense. Both are giants that can take the hits, and have an insane ability to move around in the pocket and not take sacks despite all the protection around them collapsing. Where is he going to go that has a QB that can also do that? Cutler can move, but he can't take the punishment

I'm surprised Luck did as good as he did in this anti-rookie QB system. Luck has a great skillset, one that shows he can run both an offense that's finesse and one that "pound that fucking ball into the secondary!". Sure the system also exploited some of his weaknesses, but I blame Arians partially for this, when he's struggling to complete passes sneak some easy throws in there you fucktard. That's why we can't get consistency going in the pass game sometimes, go deep go deep go deep short pass go deep go deep short pass go deep go deep again fuck the running game, Luck struggling with decision making and completions? Fuck that pussy, we're going deep again, no easy throws for that bitch.

All will be good when PeyPey wins the SB a few more times, then comes back to Indy to be an OC.

^^^bullshit^^^

eznark

Banned
Holy shit, Mike Reinfelt was fired?!?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, Tennessee. Thanks! Come back home, Mike!!

squicken

Holy shit, Mike Reinfelt was fired?!?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, Tennessee. Thanks! Come back home, Mike!!

The Budster fired him for not landing Peyton. If he owned a team in a bigger market he'd make Sterling and Dolan look like Art Rooney

eznark said:
Wow, what a genius. I love Bud Adams more and more everyday. I wish he would buy the Bears.
How Munchak still has a job I don't know.

Reid deal is done, announcement coming soon:

Chris Mortensen @mortreport

Andy Reid and the Chiefs have reached an agreement. Lawyers reviewing contract.

Mrbob

Chip Kelly if perfect for the Browns. They are the only franchise desperate enough to make such a coaching move. Maybe they'll get lucky and hit a home run, but Chip can't run old dudes into the ground on offense like he can with college kids.

Mrbob

Speaking of college QBs, I wonder how many franchises will overrate this crop of players and draft a QB in round one?

I don't know if any QB this year deserves to go in the first round.

Marc Ross says "No Thanks" to the Jets.

Hearing that Giants Dir of Scouting Marc Ross is not a viable option for GM of the Jets as he would want to build his coaching staff from scratch and not be "stuck" with Rex Ryan, even if it is only for one season.

Also gives you some visibility into where he might end up. Carolina fans, you'd best hope that Rivera is gone if those are the conditions Ross wants to work under...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of college QBs, I wonder how many franchises will overrate this crop of players and draft a QB in round one?

I don't know if any QB this year deserves to go in the first round.

I said that in 2011, yet desperate teams gonna do desperate things.

eznark

Banned
The Chiefs are going to really be surprised by how awful Reid can be.

From 1980-1999 the Eagles had 9 winning seasons. Under Reid the Eagles only had 3 losing seasons.

Talk all you want about playoff's, that guy can build a franchise. He's perfect for a place like Kansas City that needs a complete organizational overhaul.

Quikies83

Congrats on getting the NFC's Norv Turner.

You're probably upset The Walrus cancelled meeting with the dolts... and I understand.
Just be happy knowing that the AFC West might be a little more competitive now.

I mean The Chiefs and Donkies... Not the Dolts and Faiders, don't be silly.

Top Bottom