• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Milchjon

Both Ponder and Newton are so cross-eyed, I always wonder how they could achieve any level of accuracy. It's not their fault!

KingKong

Never succeed? Aren't they in the playoffs? They also beat the Texans with AD only rushing for 89, and I believe he had similar stats against SF when they beat them.

You can count getting into the playoffs (on the back of one the most amazing rushing seasons ever) as a success, sure, but that's not going to happen next year

Jared Allen ‏@JaredAllen69

Hey Tucson, AZ. Come watch the playoffs at our latest restaurant THE LODGE SASQUATCH KITCHEN at the Foothills Mall. http://lodgetucson.com

What does Jared Allen have to do with this place? Is he from the area?

I don't understand why more people aren't interviewing Clements we need to interview this guy but I doubt we will :( The one guy I will be furious if we hired him is Haley. I shouldn't even have to worry about it but I do because Bidwill likes him and has a standing relationship with him. It was reported that he wanted him for our OC last off season but Whiz didn't want him back. With Reid gone I guess I want Horton under one condition, that he gets a stellar OC. I think Horton is a good coach and his ability to rally the players and make them want to play hard for him is a good attribute for HC, he is smart and confident with plenty of ideas. A fresh new mind could possibly be even better than kicking the tires on Reid (still would prefer to have tried Reid out). My only concern is who would join his staff as he has no HC experience. Apparently he has some decent connections to Norv and there's a chance he could reel Turner in for OC. That would be the best case scenario at this point.

squicken

From 1980-1999 the Eagles had 9 winning seasons. Under Reid the Eagles only had 3 losing seasons.

Talk all you want about playoff's, that guy can build a franchise. He's perfect for a place like Kansas City that needs a complete organizational overhaul.

Yep. And the stability and money will allow him to build a great staff. You have to hope he learned from his mistakes in Philly, but the guy did wonders in turning around Philly

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I wonder if Rex is a willing cuckold. He just watches

285abd25e7344c8455222fc71371daa4.jpg

You can count getting into the playoffs (on the back of one the most amazing rushing seasons ever) as a success, sure, but that's not going to happen next year

Ponders stats this year are not bad, he is doing what is asked of him which is managing the game. It will be his third year next year with hopefully more weapons. He has shown enough skill to give him another year. Having a QB that puts up huge numbers does not guarantee anything either, look at the lions.

2013 GBM mock draft for anyone interested:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2013projection.html

Ansah seems like the prototypical Giants pass rusher very much in the JPP and Kiwi mold. 6'6, 270. Long body, long arms and super athletic with limited experience. Considering that I have no doubt the Giants would have drafted Chandler Jones last season had he been there at 32, I could see Ansah very easily being taken at 19 if he's there.

squicken

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
Hearing that if Browns don't get Kelly, they shift the focus to Josh McDaniels and Doug Marrone

Shurmur to McDaniels. I know that feel

jbug617

Banned

Looked on twitter just seen a pic of another guy massaging his wife's feet.

Hearing that if Browns don't get Kelly, they shift the focus to Josh McDaniels and Doug Marrone

Josh said he is not interviewing for any jobs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
2013 GBM mock draft for anyone interested:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2013projection.html

Ansah seems like the prototypical Giants pass rusher very much in the JPP and Kiwi mold. 6'6, 270. Long body, long arms and super athletic with limited experience. Considering that I have no doubt the Giants would have drafted Chandler Jones last season had he been there at 32, I could see Ansah very easily being taken at 19 if he's there.

Damn. I feel bad for Arizona.

KingKong

Ponders stats this year are not bad, he is doing what is asked of him which is managing the game. It will be his third year next year with hopefully more weapons. He has shown enough skill to give him another year. Having a QB that puts up huge numbers does not guarantee anything either, look at the lions.

They're just a victim of their situation (scrambling to find a QB after the second year of Favre and McNabb being completely washed up) but two years is enough time to see that Ponder is going to be below average at best and their best option is Alex Smith (well, it's Romo but I doubt Jerry Jones will let him go)

KingGondo

Banned

I like Marrone from what I've heard.

I think his offensive style would be akin to what the Saints do, which would fit Weeden's skills better than anything Kelly would likely implement.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I see that Rex Ryan is into furry. My opinion on him may have to change.

Fuck this clown organization. I can't believe I root for these bums.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't see the furry, just his wife doing a Bomber Girl pose in a Sanchez jersey.

Or it could be her about to blow a guy, finger herself and take another from behind.

Locker and Ponder are shit QBs, especially Ponder because he's got a monster run game. Maybe he needs more weapons, but the good ones make other players better. Every QB won't have the luxuries that Matt Ryan does! Gabbert's a disaster, can't teach pocket presence, drops his eyes at the first sign of trouble. Dalton isnt that good either imo, can get better, looks like an average QB. Needs to be more consistent.

Newton is the only one, Kap probably because he's in good hands.

Hey now, Ryan made Michael Jenkins look decent.

Pretty much how I feel
Chris Fedor ‏ @ ChrisFedor
Settling for either Josh McDaniels or Doug Marrone after missing out on Chip would be like ending up w/ Brandon Weeden after missing on RG3

effzee

Rumor from one of the Eagles writers is that Eagles already talked to Kelly as far back as a month ago when they were 4-8.

Said Browns have an uphill battle to lure him if Eagles already got to him that early. Lurie did say he had made up his mind about releasing Reid when the team hit 4-8.

I don't know much about Marrone from Syracuse? Anyone on why he would be a good hire?

5 year contract for Reid? Hmmm I guess he did show up with his 5 year plan and 3 inch binder!

Godslay

Banned
You're probably upset The Walrus cancelled meeting with the dolts... and I understand.
Just be happy knowing that the AFC West might be a little more competitive now.

I mean The Chiefs and Donkies... Not the Dolts and Faiders, don't be silly.

It's a good hire. I'm not saying that facetiously. It might be a couple of years before KC is legit, and depends on the moves they make in regards to a QB, but at least they have people that can make good decisions. It also helps to legitimize the division to a certain degree.

I've said it before, but I want the division to be competitive. I loved the games with KC in the 90s. Those games were so tense, and meant a lot. One of my close friends is a Chiefs fan, and growing up we would watch those games. Denver didn't always come out on top, but goddamn it was a great time.

At least your team went from joke status with Pioli to an actual rebuild phase. Welcome back!

Mrbob

Lol, now Lovie going to get an offensive pass. So good. He is the guy who keeps on picking terrible coordinators for the offense.

This ones for you, I'm sorry this is the last time my friend

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl
Lovie Smith should get more attention going forward. Can't blame him for poor OL play/personnel. Best available candidate other than Kelly.

How is poor OL play/personal not Lovie's fault?

Top Bottom