• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

I will only coach your team if you aquire Jimmy G

Josh McDaniels...

That would make me not want Jimmy G. McD getting another job is such a fucking affront to coaches like Art Shell who couldnt get a second chance. And I know that Art did get a chance shot as Raider sHC but it was 12 years later and the Raiders were terrible then.

No doubt about the defense, and it was never going to be a great outfit to begin with. They honestly played better than I expected against NE, crazy as that sounds. I still say play Tannehill if he can go! You play to win the game!

If it wasn't for the fumble we'd have a (potential) one score game going towards the final minutes. I think this game is going to be closer than a lot of people think, we are the biggest underdogs going into this weekend.

BigAT

@RVacchianoSNY
Eli Manning was "a little disappointed" in photos of his WRs on a boat in Miami. "They didn't pack accordingly. They didn't have any shirts"
"I was telling people I'm the one who took the picture. They just wouldn't let me in with my shirt off."

eli-manning.jpg

In 47 games with the Racists DJax has produced 2668 yards and 14 TDs, which works out to 56 yards per game and .3 TDs. I am super curious to see what he gets as a FA this offseason. I really think that there will be little to no market for him and he will have to take a modest deal from someone, hopefully not the Eagles.

Hindl

As much as it sucks to not have seen some of the legends from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s play, I'll always be glad I was able to watch the absolute anomaly that is Eli Manning

That is a good point and I do hope that he does improve but I am extremely worried. He looked great the first few games but not much after that. There was a play against the Cowboys where DGB had a ton of separation running down the sideline and Wentz underthrew him so badly, I really do worry about him throwing deep. Everyone wants to blame the WRs, and my god do they suck, but Wentz misses deep so badly and so often it is a major concern. Everyone makes fun of Bradford for all the checkdowns and especially this year, but Sam's YPA is almost a full yard better.

I hear you, he definitely had issues throwing deep, but they are not arm strength issues as much as mechanics issues. He has a ton of trouble setting his feet and controlling his throwing motion when throwing on the run, which is where a lot of those bad deep passes came from. That's a skill that takes a lot of practice. He also had some that were the result of him not stepping in to passes when there was some pressure, which is more understandable. The DGB one was just a bad throw. You're right that it's something to be concerned about though.

Something to keep in mind is that he actually threw more deep balls as a rookie than Bradford did though. Bradford didn't have a great WR crew in St Louis but it was better than what Wentz had to deal with. Wentz was asked to do a lot and his preseason injury really hampered their ability to get his mechanics truly solid before the season started. I think this offseason you're going to see him come back with completely different mechanics. He'll be working with an independent QB consultant all offseason and they'll give him key points to work on before the break. I think is throwing motion will be completely changed by the preseason next year.

As much as it sucks to not have seen some of the legends from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s play, I'll always be glad I was able to watch the absolute anomaly that is Eli Manning

Is there anyone that hates Eli? I usually hate division rivals but Eli seems like a genuinely good guy, plus he has defeated evil twice which is nice.

edit: Aborted I really hope you are right, good news about him at least being wiling to work on things. I remember earlier in the year when he said he didnt have a mechanics problem and that had me a bit worried.

Tom Penny

No doubt about the defense, and it was never going to be a great outfit to begin with. They honestly played better than I expected against NE, crazy as that sounds. I still say play Tannehill if he can go! You play to win the game!
Keeping the Steelers offense off the field and outscoring them is the only way the Dolphins win.

@RVacchianoSNY
Eli Manning was "a little disappointed" in photos of his WRs on a boat in Miami. "They didn't pack accordingly. They didn't have any shirts"
"I was telling people I'm the one who took the picture. They just wouldn't let me in with my shirt off."
I got you, Eli!

eli.jpg

Eli-Manning-Shirtless-Pictures-Baby-Wife-Miami.jpg

1ac0869a520cefefd2effe62f2426a55.jpg

MechDX

From a local sports radio show this afternoon dictated to text:

The impetus behind the O’Brien exit is Rick & Bill have a very bad relationship. This isn’t new or something came about recently. This goes back 2 years. When Hard Knocks was here, the crew noticed a bad relationship between O’Brien & Smith. O’Brien & Smith have had a bad relationship & it has continued to deteriorate.

Source went on and talked about how the Osweiler signing was Rick Smith’s idea & he forced it on O’Brien. This was Rick Smith telling O’Brien this is who your QB is gonna be. The source continued to go on and said the only FA signing this year that O’Brien had any input on is Lamar Miller.

O’Brien & Smith do not get along in any way, shape or form. O’Brien expected to have more input than he’s gotten.

O’Brien wanted to go into this year as Tom Savage as starting QB. O’Brien’s plan was Savage as the starter, you could bring in a vet. backup or draft a guy. If you remember, Bob McNair, he wanted to draft a QB. O’Brien wanted to roll with Savage but Smith wanted Osweiler & he was going to have Osweiler.

Shits getting real on Kirby Dr.

Hindl

Yes pls

except hindl, the good one

Thanks you friend. May the Switch and Persona 5 bless us all

Is there anyone that hates Eli? I usually hate division rivals but Eli seems like a genuinely good guy, plus he has defeated evil twice which is nice.

Exactly. He just seems like at worst a goofball and defeated the Pats twice. Like you look at this guy and think no way is he gonna amount to anything in the NFL, and yet has never missed a snap and has done something no one else in the league has ever done. Elite goober

I don't really care about Eli. I hate our defenses more for letting him beat us
To be entirely fair, there really isn't much a defense can do about this throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWrcqRW5gU

I don't say that to rub it in anyones face but people will go on about the escape and helmet catch, etc. When in reality, that is Eli Manning's signature throw of his career. That particular game wasn't nearly as good as the 2007 Super Bowl but that throw and catch made the game worthwhile.

Pepiope

I hear you, he definitely had issues throwing deep, but they are not arm strength issues as much as mechanics issues. He has a ton of trouble setting his feet and controlling his throwing motion when throwing on the run, which is where a lot of those bad deep passes came from. That's a skill that takes a lot of practice. He also had some that were the result of him not stepping in to passes when there was some pressure, which is more understandable. The DGB one was just a bad throw. You're right that it's something to be concerned about though.

Something to keep in mind is that he actually threw more deep balls as a rookie than Bradford did though. Bradford didn't have a great WR crew in St Louis but it was better than what Wentz had to deal with. Wentz was asked to do a lot and his preseason injury really hampered their ability to get his mechanics truly solid before the season started. I think this offseason you're going to see him come back with completely different mechanics. He'll be working with an independent QB consultant all offseason and they'll give him key points to work on before the break. I think is throwing motion will be completely changed by the preseason next year.
The good thing is that Wentz is very inexperienced so hopefully some of his bad habits will be easy to fix

Remember he threw 607 pass attempts this year and 612 in his college career

Bread

Banned
To be entirely fair, there really isn't much a defense can do about this throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWrcqRW5gU

I don't say that to rub it in anyones face but people will go on about the escape and helmet catch, etc. When in reality, that is Eli Manning's signature throw of his career. That particular game wasn't nearly as good as the 2007 Super Bowl but that throw and catch made the game worthwhile.
I was thinking more about Samuel not catching the pick, the dline not holding onto his jersey, Harrison getting punked by a special teamer, Hobbs left on an island against Plax etc

I sent you a pm with my address Chris

Wouldn't you want to see him succeed on a good defense?
I'm becleving.. we will get him

You get one of Hooker or Garrett. Choose
I mean.. whose to say I can't have both?

We are picking top 10 again next year..

So I will have my cake and eat it too with both..

Thank you :)

But if we don't get Hooker..

Please God., don't let him land in Baltimore, Pitt, etc

Hindl

I sent you a pm with my address Chris

I'm becleving.. we will get him

I mean.. whose to say I can't have both?

We are picking top 10 again next year..

So I will have my cake and eat it too with both..

Thank you :)

But if we don't get Hooker..

Please God., don't let him land in Baltimore, Pitt, etc

But both are declaring this year, so they'll be done. I think it's entirely feasible the Browns get both, but I could see a few of those top 10 teams jumping on him

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I swear to god F's disrespect is slowly killing me.

But more importantly my boy BG called this, we discussed about this like a week ago and he said watch it happen.

Top Bottom