• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG: "Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 butchers Spanish language to be “inclusive”"

Saber

So, what do we have so far? Deaf people, gay people, lesbian people, BLM, BIPOC, butchered MJ, butchered Latinx language, am I forgetting something on the representation spectrum in the game?

It’s a miracle the game itself is still good.

According to the reddit, this game also has Ukraine flags all over it.
They really outdone themselves, I'm willing to risk they are forcing their hands so hard its gonna backfire(like Battlefront forcing hands with extreme case of lootboxes).

Last edited:
Alot of leftist got triggered by some of the in game cyberpunk posters. Same shit as here, ppl triggered about a grafitti and a row of flags in a hidden alley. If you cant see the conection, its on you. Just both sides of the retarded spectrum.
well, thing is: the cyberpunk 2077 posters exist in a warped, decadent, dystopian, imaginary city of the future. whereas, the shit in spider-man 2 exists in what's supposed to be current-day n.y.c. so, no, it's not really 'the same shit'. context is real, & it matters...

Last edited:

AgatonSax

I don’t mind diversity if it’s actually interesting. House of Usher has a diverse cast and I found it really added to the interest. Mostly though it just seems to be lazy virtue signalling and the characters are fucking boring. Miles Morales game was numbingly dull in its cloying righteousness; this sounds like more of the same.

Last edited:

Shakka43

So, what do we have so far? Deaf people, gay people, lesbian people, BLM, BIPOC, butchered MJ, butchered Latinx language, am I forgetting something on the representation spectrum in the game?

It’s a miracle the game itself is still good.
No wonder they got so many positive reviews. The game itself is not better than the first one but it ticks a lot of boxes that sure make the overly leftist media outlets wet their pants.

GrayChild

Oh well, that photo explains a lot about the game.... I guess:

F8_uJYkWUAAo9Po

WoJ

I didn't have this on my radar since I haven't played Spiderman 2018 yet but this is eye roll including. Literally trying to change a language that the people who speak said language did not ask for. Pathetic.

I'll pick this up eventually, but at a deep discount. And after I play the first one.

DeaDPo0L84

ARE YOU FOR FUCKING REAL WITH THIS?!?!

F88AXNyWgAAmgJ8

F876wR4W0AAbMUU
What makes it even more sad is these companies don't even apply thought to what they're actually supporting before stuffing all this nonsense into their game. Both BLM and the LGBTQLNOP community have come out without hesitation in support of Hamas and the atrocities they committed. Why in America companies feel fine not only pushing but supporting this garbage is beyond me.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Why is it always the fugly white women?
Because middle aged white women who have convinced themselves they don't want to get married or have kids cause they "don't need a man!" have taken on the full time job of carrying the guilt for every single minority on the planet without being asked and will do everything in their power to prove how redeemed they are by instilling absolute lunacy in every single thing they touch.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Because they are lonely, nobody wants them and they know it. So the best way to feel better is create some alternate universe of weird creations to feel better. The more they can push through, the more important they finally feel because for once in life other people are noticing them or their work.

On the other hand, notice how all the hot women who look good and dress nice never get into woke shit? They just act cool and love being feminine.

simpatico

Also, Is it me or does the one in the middle with the black jacket look like David Jaffe without a beard?
I think women have greater evolutionary drive to stay in good standing with "the pack". Watching the media, they deduce that these are very high status positions to adopt, so they do. It's just the modern atheist version of the old ladies in a church pew arguing about who is a better follower of the bible. At least with the biblical stuff they didn't work to destroy the fundamental building blocks of human civilization as fast they could.

Unknown?

What makes it even more sad is these companies don't even apply thought to what they're actually supporting before stuffing all this nonsense into their game. Both BLM and the LGBTQLNOP community have come out without hesitation in support of Hamas and the atrocities they committed. Why in America companies feel fine not only pushing but supporting this garbage is beyond me.
They call people Nazi's but act most like Nazi's.

X-Wing

The graffity and the flags are symptoms of the same disease, as the butchered Spanish.

You can turn your eyes and not see it, but the disease is there.

We play games to have fun. Politics we dont agree with don’t belong here. And less so when it's propaganda and indoctrination.
And less so with a graffity of a terrorism supporter group like blm.
Fixed it for accuracy

This site : “Hurr hurr everyone over at the other site a REEEtard who is mad about people’s words”

Also this site “here’s what will likely be a 100 page rage circle jerk about how we don’t like how the other side uses words”

The shit both sides expend energy raging about is an absolute farce. 😂😂😂😂🤷🏼‍♂️
"Hurr hurr both sides are dummies I am above critical discussion and enjoy gay propaganda"

How do people in Spain, Mexico, Argentina feel about this generally speaking? It's wild that we're out here butchering people's languages to be 'inclusive' of gender politics. I don't understand it. Didn't hear about any of this even 2 years ago.. what's going on lol?
we hate it and consider it stupid, some TV shows tried to use it but it didnt work so they dont use it, at least in México

Faust

Perpetually Tired
I am enjoying the game, in spite of its slacktivist writing at points. Though the worst quests are by far the ones where this stuff is front and center. Basically everything at the Visions school (nothing but stereotypes), the Black Cat situation and her writing (suddenly going from her typical happy/sarcastic tone and then doing a 180 into suddenly being in super big hurry/insulting is just the tip of the iceberg with her), and the “art” that is predominantly shown (can’t have classical irish or italian art which is a common site in many parts of NYC, its almost all BIPOC/LGBT related) - there is a clear slacktivist bent to all of this and it feels unearned and incredibly patronizing.

Thankfully the main story for the most part is well told, at least thus far. The movement and combat feel fantastic, and swinging through the city feels better than ever.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
As a native Spanish speaker I had to replay the video a couple of times to understand the issue lol.
He do say “ lE doctorE” and “entomologuE”
Instead, “la doctora“ (female) or “el doctor”(masculine).
Those words don’t exist, later one he do speak normally (when not referring to young).

Kataploom

Gold Member
Praise by whom and where?? Certainly not in gaming, I see no decline, it’s everywhere in all western games,
In Latinamerica it's basically getting strong backslash and I see many people not giving a shit by coming out with rejection.

Kirye

Seems silly unless the idea is that the character in question identifies as they/them thus describing them that way.

Also I think latinx should stop being pushed. It isn't being utilized in any country except the US. Even people here in Mexico who don't identify as male/female continue using o/a so who are we "protecting"?

X-Wing

"Hurr hurr both sides are dummies I am above critical discussion and enjoy gay propaganda"
You are right. One side is enjoying the game the other has jumped into collective trigger and paranoia mode over absolutely nothing.

Games that don’t have black characters because they represent an historical period when black people weren’t present on the region?
GAF: it’s historically accurate an any criticism is politics.

Games that represent NYC as it is (there are several pride flags and BLM art in the city and its population is very diverse)?
GAF: it’s pandering and propaganda!

Oh well, that photo explains a lot about the game.... I guess:

F8_uJYkWUAAo9Po
And people wonder why developers don’t come to GAF anymore

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I played through this scene today in english and while they use neutral language, they don't call the character they/them or any other pronoun stuff, just call her by her name.

It's a terrible translation/dub work lol.

Doczu

The game is full of political statements. Including against guns.
Peter is a NYC citizen and a scientist, no one would expect him to not have an opinion on several subjects.
It adds depth to the character.

Both the article le and -e termination are current proposals to make the Spanish language more inclusive, Insomniac is a pretty diverse studio and inclusiveness is one of the values they have always embraced in their games. More power to them for sticking to it in such measure.
Go fly your X-Wing back to the purple galaxy you came from.

Esppiral

This woke shit is fucking disgusting, this is the first screen that pops up when you boot the metal gear master collection..... Society is so rotten that the Devs felt the need to "apologize" before the game starts.
This shit needs to stop. At least they've been brave enough to not alter the original version of the games to comply with this stupid trend, but the fact that they had to put this message.... I don't have words...
pFjlRg9.jpg

John Bilbo

Games that have black characters because they represent an historical period when black people weren’t present on the region?
GAF: it’s historically accurate an any criticism is politics.

Games that represent NYC as it is (there are several pride flags and BLM art in the city and its population is very diverse)?
GAF: it’s pandering and propaganda!
This is a fair point if they are trying to portrait the city as it is in the current day.

Sleepwalker

This woke shit is fucking disgusting, this is the first screen that pops up when you boot the metal gear master collection..... Society is so rotten that the Devs felt the need to "apologize" before the game starts.
This shit needs to stop. At least they've been brave enough to not alter the original version of the games to comply with this stupid trend, but the fact that they had to put this message.... I don't have words...
pFjlRg9.jpg

This message is something people should understand as common sense. I dont like it but I'll gladly take a shitty splash screen over modifyng games for "current standards"

Last edited:
Top Bottom