• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Finally checking out the new profile changes on PS5

Damn, I have 385 hours in Destiny - the first one. All on PS4. Holy shit I played a lot of that game to have only finished like two raids.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I need to apologize to @STARSBarry. I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Actually, the wrong side of the literal worst day of my life. I don't want to post details publicly, but I've told Evilore the basics of what happened. I was and am still dealing with a near-fatal medical emergency of a family member and it still won't be resolved for a while. I'm currently by myself and I'm on a LOA from work (which I really wanted to avoid). Last night was the first night I got any sleep at all since last Friday night and I woke up with the ban lifted after I reached out about my frame of mind due to what's happened/ over the last few days.

GAF is the only distraction I have right now, and I will watch myself and how I act with the stress of what's going on IRL. Even with the insanity here, I love this place and it's going to keep me from going insane while I'm pretty isolated until the situation is resolved and my life gets back to somewhat normal.

Take care bro. We all have bad days sometimes. I hope your private situation gets sorted out okay.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't act my age on the board

To be fair, none of us do.

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

Thaedolus

I need to apologize to @STARSBarry. I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Actually, the wrong side of the literal worst day of my life. I don't want to post details publicly, but I've told Evilore the basics of what happened. I was and am still dealing with a near-fatal medical emergency of a family member and it still won't be resolved for a while. I'm currently by myself and I'm on a LOA from work (which I really wanted to avoid). Last night was the first night I got any sleep at all since last Friday night and I woke up with the ban lifted after I reached out about my frame of mind due to what's happened/ over the last few days.

GAF is the only distraction I have right now, and I will watch myself and how I act with the stress of what's going on IRL. Even with the insanity here, I love this place and it's going to keep me from going insane while I'm pretty isolated until the situation is resolved and my life gets back to somewhat normal.
I missed this earlier- sorry to hear man. Best wishes getting through it.

ManaByte

We're still here bro. Stay strong.

It'll be one week as of tomorrow and nothing is resolved yet. If it's not resolved next week, I'll be forced to return to work the following week in an even worse mental state because it's impossible for me to get the medical documentation that a LOA requires (HIPAA laws, the hospital won't give me anything at all).

Last edited:

nush

I just picked up a copy of Amazing Spiderman 2 on 4K UHD for a £1 from a charity shop/thrift store. Great deal as you never see 4K discs there, but that's not the amazing part of this post. I swear I'm not making this up, I got home and checked the disc and there was some stuff on the disc. "Ah that's why it was a quid, it's scratched" I thought, but no it was dry and wiped off.

The I looked in the case under where the disc was, there was an actual fucking small spider that had made it's home inside that case. In all my years of collecting used discs I've never seen such a thing. But the god of comedy smiled on me and it happened on a fucking Spiderman movie!

I know 4K is supposedly a realistic image quality but I wasn't expecting that!

near

Gold Member
It'll be one week as of tomorrow and nothing is resolved yet. If it's not resolved next week, I'll be forced to return to work the following week in an even worse mental state because it's impossible for me to get the medical documentation that a LOA requires (HIPAA laws, the hospital won't give me anything at all).
Hopefully whatever it is, it gets resolved before you return to work. Stay positive and hopeful. You'll do yourself no good thinking pessimistically, regardless of how bad the situation is. I wish I could offer better advice.

Peggies

Gold Member
Just got an update I've waited nearly three days for. May still be another week until things start to get back to normal, but I think I can relax a little more.

Going to try to get a couple of home improvement projects out of the way to get my mind off things.
giphy.gif
There You Go Spirit GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Thaedolus

Listening to two women talk to each other is the most irritating shit ever…like neither one ever stops talking, they just like have this constant wall of noise between each other. Add in the visitor’s kid who just screams and jumps constantly….

I need to go on a walk

BadBurger

I'm curious, you tend to be one of the more tamer posters around here.
Where did you run into trouble?

Oh, I have been a huge dick at times in the past. Been here since late 2019. I have tamed out since then.

Edit: to add, I was a lurker for many more years. I think since 2012, 2013. I used to just browse and giggle at the E3 posts of yesteryear

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Don't wanna make a dedicated thread.

Give me some decent, cheap, dash-cam recommendations guys.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Don't wanna make a dedicated thread.

Give me some decent, cheap, dash-cam recommendations guys.

I forget what mine is as it's a few years old at this point. They are nice to have even if you don't pull the footage frequently.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I forget what mine is as it's a few years old at this point. They are nice to have even if you don't pull the footage frequently.

Yeah, don't really need one but getting one as a deterrent because just got a new car and everyone and their uncle's are yelling at me to get a dash cam ASAP. Never had one before in the decade plus of driving.

Last edited:

BadBurger

I was in the mood to watch something really dumb, so I fired up Ancient Aliens. Never seen it before, but I have seen the memes.

Couldn't even make it through one episode. It is so incredibly stupid.

Top Bottom