• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 |OT| - Same glitches, different physics

Marvie_3

Banned
Awesome. Apparently EA put another Make-A-Wish kid in the game this year.

RS4-, is there some 16 year old kid in the free agent list with a stupid high rating?

Razorskin

----- ------
Marvie_3 said:

RS4-, is there some 16 year old kid in the free agent list with a stupid high rating?

Ahh shit, the girl goalie was the worst.

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:

If there is, I can't find them; highest ranked FA is Kovalchuk at 91, highest rated kid at 17 is a 72 or something.

Chrange

Banned
Marvie_3 said:

Bradley Cooper, butterfly goaltender with a 95 rating. 5'5" 150 lbs lol

RS4-

Chrange said:
Bradley Cooper, butterfly goaltender with a 95 rating. 5'5" 150 lbs lol

Terrible :lol

Btw, the short side deke goal is still in...even in All star with default sliders :|

OMG what day is it? I swear, I'm going to get some beer and stuffed grape leave and then I WILL learn how to play this game.

Marvie_3 said:
No. It fucking is not cool.

If this is an exploit I am gonna make the best "I Told You So" thread in the history of the internet over at Operation Sports. The jump deke was a retarded idea in the first place and I called them out on numerous occasions, it's only been done successful like twice in the past 10 years and the NHL devs tried to reassure people that it happens more often than you think...gtfo

Even more hilarious is that the sole reason that put it in was put in the game this year was to counter people laying down, which isn't even a defensive tactic that works well in NHL10

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, that about solidifies me not getting this game until the price drops.

I'm so sick of EA leaving this crap in the games. Not only do they not take out previous exploits, more seem to pop up every year. It's garbage and it completely ruins the online.

Marvie_3

Banned
Plinko said:
Well, that about solidifies me not getting this game until the price drops.

I'm so sick of EA leaving this crap in the games. Not only do they not take out previous exploits, more seem to pop up every year. It's garbage and it completely ruins the online.
As long as proper defense is being played, I can't see that working very often at all. The jump deke is still a really stupid idea though.

Plus they got rid of the cross crease, which was impossible to defend even if you were playing great defense.

RS4-

So, superstar, default sliders except for maxing out the attribute setting = :lol shots are way down, shooting lanes are clogged up and the AI scores magic goals via the short side deke and the usual shot from the slot.

I think I'll go back to all-star with the maxed attribute setting.

Hitting is pretty damn hard now since AI just dodges checks whenever they feel like it.

Marvie_3 said:
As long as proper defense is being played, I can't see that working very often at all. The jump deke is still a really stupid idea though.

Plus they got rid of the cross crease, which was impossible to defend even if you were playing great defense.

The major problem is the accuracy. As good as EA's game is, their shooting physics is a little broken. In real life, shooting the top corner from sharper angles is very very hard let alone from in front of the net, in the EA NHL series, you rarely miss the net on sharp angles, players have almost the same accuracy from there that they have in front of the net.

That being said, lets all take a deep breath, we have only seen this work once in a youtube video. If its a really bad exploit, I'm sure EA will do something to fix it. I don't know about last year since I didn't play NHL 10 nearly as much as 09, but with 09 they made so many significant patches to remove or reduce the effectiveness of glitch goals.

RS4- said:
So, superstar, default sliders except for maxing out the attribute setting = :lol shots are way down, shooting lanes are clogged up and the AI scores magic goals via the short side deke and the usual shot from the slot.

I think I'll go back to all-star with the maxed attribute setting.

Hitting is pretty damn hard now since AI just dodges checks whenever they feel like it.

I've always thought they needed a few more difficulty levels, or perhaps a difficulty slider. The sweet spot for me is probably somewhere between all-star and superstar.

Marvie_3

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
The major problem is the accuracy. As good as EA's game is, their shooting physics is a little broken. In real life, shooting the top corner from sharper angles is very very hard let alone from in front of the net, in the EA NHL series, you rarely miss the net on sharp angles, players have almost the same accuracy from there that they have in front of the net.
Yeah, the shooting physics are totally broken. Hitting the top shelf is way too effective. Nobody ever shoots high or wide.

infinityBCRT said:
If its a really bad exploit, I'm sure EA will do something to fix it.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

funkmastergeneral said:
This is coming out Tuesday, right?
Yes, sir.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
TheVisualizer said:
If this is an exploit I am gonna make the best "I Told You So" thread in the history of the internet over at Operation Sports. The jump deke was a retarded idea in the first place and I called them out on numerous occasions, it's only been done successful like twice in the past 10 years and the NHL devs tried to reassure people that it happens more often than you think...gtfo

Even more hilarious is that the sole reason that put it in was put in the game this year was to counter people laying down, which isn't even a defensive tactic that works well in NHL10

My number one rule of sports games is anything that happens very rarely is easy to do. It's the shit the pros can do with their eyes close thats hard as fuck to do.

Top shelf goals are some of the rarest in real life but in the game they are 90% of goals, that's what bothers me. Still gonna get it and love it but I won't be IN love with it, lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
Top shelf goals are some of the rarest in real life but in the game they are 90% of goals, that's what bothers me. Still gonna get it and love it but I won't be IN love with it, lol.
Yeah, it makes playing goalie a total bitch too. You can be in perfect position but some dickface with flame skates and a pink visor can snipe the top shelf with no effort at all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to get this game...

I just hope EA didn't fuck it up again this year.

NHL10 kept getting freezes and points where I couldn't get past the calendar due to that stupid scouting bug...did they fix it? Nope!

Even multiple saves, I had to worry. :(

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, it makes playing goalie a total bitch too. You can be in perfect position but some dickface with flame skates and a pink visor can snipe the top shelf with no effort at all.

:lol

I know the short side deke shit will be abused to hell :(

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
:lol

I know the short side deke shit will be abused to hell :(
Goalies better be fixed next year. Seriously.

The only things I have problems with as a goalie are the top shelf shots and cross crease passes.....basically because the lateral movement is absolute shit. The pivoting your goalie does is retarded.

Kuro Madoushi said:
I am going to get this game...

I just hope EA didn't fuck it up again this year.

NHL10 kept getting freezes and points where I couldn't get past the calendar due to that stupid scouting bug...did they fix it? Nope!

Even multiple saves, I had to worry. :(
I have to say I am terrified of my purchase. I have never heard such a critically acclaimed game be called 'broken shit' by so many people including people that play the game 5 hours a day.

I haven't had any freezes or anything wrong with the game at all, playing the PS3 version btw. In Fact I don't recall running into too much shit with NHL 10, it was mostly smooth sailing.

RS4-

Marvie_3 said:
Goalies better be fixed next year. Seriously.

The only things I have problems with as a goalie are the top shelf shots and cross crease passes.....basically because the lateral movement is absolute shit. The pivoting your goalie does is retarded.

I'll play some games tomorrow and record all the stupid shit the AI gets away with when they score.

Marvie_3

Banned
BobTheFork said:
I have to say I am terrified of my purchase. I have never heard such a critically acclaimed game be called 'broken shit' by so many people including people that play the game 5 hours a day.
It's almost a case of Stockholm Syndrome with me. NHL 10 beat me, raped me, pissed in my mouth and called my mom a whore, yet I still came back to it all the time and loved it.

RS4- said:
I'll play some games tomorrow and record all the stupid shit the AI gets away with when they score.
This should be good. :lol

Cide

RS4- said:
He didn't, it was just that new hop over flip over gimmick

No I mean the deke on the last guy before he shoots. It looks like he puts it between his legs from the wristshot animation. I've been trying to do it but my guy always puts it just in front of his skates instead of between the legs.

Marvie_3 said:
It's almost a case of Stockholm Syndrome with me. NHL 10 beat me, raped me, pissed in my mouth and called my mom a whore, yet I still came back to it all the time and loved it.

This should be good. :lol
*looks at avatar*...Oh it's you! I swear sometimes I only know people by the avatar and not name and then I forget who's who.
I hope I can get this on Tuesday and it's not just the shipping date.

Marvie_3

Banned
rBZrt.jpg

Bastard!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Marvie_3 said:

OH FFS! Another kid I gotta remove from the game?! I remember the Blue Jackets picked up that crazy uber goalie chick and I had to face them in the Cup final.... <_<

I'm ALL for putting them in the game, but at least make them above average with growth potential for superstardom, NOT Patrick Fucking Roy...

The other day I was playing the game with a young family member, and he was going nuts trying to check all the time because of the new physics. So, as Marian Hossa he comes charging at me near the boards. I move out of the way and he slams face first into the glass, collapses hilariously. After the whistle they show a replay of it, and then Hossa going to the locker room holding his shoulder. It was great.

And thanks for pointing out the cancer kid. I probably would have forgotten to check the FA pool first. Have to remember to ship him off to Russia...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
bran's post would've been so much better if he mentioned not seeing versteeg, niemi, byfuglien, eager, fraser, burish, sopel and ladd on the blackhawks

When applying consumables, I check the ratings of the player and some of them are orange and some are gray, what does it mean? and some were yellow like Malkin's attributes.

DaFish

Rapping Granny said:
When applying consumables, I check the ratings of the player and some of them are orange and some are gray, what does it mean? and some were yellow like Malkin's attributes.
I'd like to know this too

Marvie_3 said:

Off to Europe you go!

HadesGigas said:
The other day I was playing the game with a young family member, and he was going nuts trying to check all the time because of the new physics. So, as Marian Hossa he comes charging at me near the boards. I move out of the way and he slams face first into the glass, collapses hilariously. After the whistle they show a replay of it, and then Hossa going to the locker room holding his shoulder. It was great.

And thanks for pointing out the cancer kid. I probably would have forgotten to check the FA pool first. Have to remember to ship him off to Russia...

I've had this happen before in NHL 2010. I played as the Bruins and had some top notch checkers like Lucic, and a couple times I missed the check, slammed the boards hard and lost him for a couple weeks :lol

bran said:
Is it me or is there no Versteeg on blackhawks and some guy called Skillet?

Did you miss the Blackhawks firesale this summer?

Top Bottom