• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 12 |OT| aka NHL 09.3

Milly79

Giant Robot said:
Game went gold and pressed onto discs WEEKS before Jets jerseys were announced. Friend at EA said they were waiting till the last possible minute to see if the Jets were going to unveil anything.
D:

Marvie_3

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Got our copies in. The PS3 cover has the shiny foil cover art while the 360 cover does not. Superior version confirmed.
PS3 = no GAF team
360 = GAF team

360 = superior version

360? I don't see it on PS3?

Why isn't there a PS3 league? I'd be interested in setting one up, I have 3 or 4 non gaf friends buying on PS3, I believe we are setting one up for ourselves so if nothing else PM me and I will get you in on our league.

PaNaMa

Banned
Milly79 said:
Early Release is out!

Where? I can't find anywhere selling it here.. even the local mom and pop shop said that despite their supplier having it sitting in a warehouse across town for over a week, it's not being delivered til monday.. I can get it 1 day early, that's all.

PaNaMa said:
Where? I can't find anywhere selling it here.. even the local mom and pop shop said that despite their supplier having it sitting in a warehouse across town for over a week, it's not being delivered til monday.. I can get it 1 day early, that's all.

Early release as in it's available to download if you subscribe to the EA Season Ticket on Xbox 360 or PS3. The 360 version is out for download and the PS3 version should go live at 6:00 today.

Terrordactyl said:

Why isn't there a PS3 league? I'd be interested in setting one up, I have 3 or 4 non gaf friends buying on PS3, I believe we are setting one up for ourselves so if nothing else PM me and I will get you in on our league.

360 is available now, PS3 should be out around 6:00.

Terrordactyl said:

I'm down. I might be able to convince two of my buddies.

Marvie_3

Banned
I know KnightAttack was looking to set up a GAF club for PS3 players. He's a junior so he can't make a thread. Someone else could probably make the thread because I know there's a bunch of people interested.

Even if we only had 8-10 people it would still be fun. I'm currently waiting on a box for my PS3 to be repaired so I won't have a PS3 until after the game releases, which is the only reason I signed up for the season pass. The laser went out so DD games still work for me at least, I'd buy on 360 but I have a few friends that would be angry with me if I did. So with that in mind I might not be the best person to set up the league if it needs to be done immediately.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Phil Kessel exclusive cover....

Noooo god dammit no! I want to wait! I don't want to get this game day 1! Don't do this to me. :(

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
love that hockey blogs are covering/reviewing the game.

"well uh, its the only hockey game around so 10/10"

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Loving what I've played so far. Such a step up from 10, it takes a bit of getting used to but I'm getting the hang of things. Checking felt weird at first but it's coming along, in fact it's all just a bit different, but in a good way. Can't wait to start playing some EASHL games.

Oh, there was some bullshit with the EA online pass to begin with, saying that my code had already been used. As my copy of the game had been gutted to put on the shelf (UK shops only seem to get a couple in as it's not that popular), I thought that some sneaky employee had logged on and used my code, but it turns out that it's a common problem that EA are aware of. I rebooted my Xbox and tried again, and I was able to download it just fine.

I hate that EA have started doing this.

Fixed1979

Terrordactyl said:
Even if we only had 8-10 people it would still be fun. I'm currently waiting on a box for my PS3 to be repaired so I won't have a PS3 until after the game releases, which is the only reason I signed up for the season pass. The laser went out so DD games still work for me at least, I'd buy on 360 but I have a few friends that would be angry with me if I did. So with that in mind I might not be the best person to set up the league if it needs to be done immediately.

I'd half commit to a league. Played for a little bit in the 360 league last year but ended up just not having enough time. I done paying for Gold so it'll be a PS3 purchase this year.

PaNaMa

Banned
Square Triangle said:

Nah its there now, I'm downloading. Had to go a different way to get there. Games, publishers, EA, season ticket ... scroll down til I see NHL 12. Drill down on that and you see "Early Release"

Marvie_3 said:
I know KnightAttack was looking to set up a GAF club for PS3 players. He's a junior so he can't make a thread. Someone else could probably make the thread because I know there's a bunch of people interested.
This is true.

Terrordactyl said:
This is also true. I also have a couple people who might play.

ALSO: TO ALL WINNIPEGGER'S -

Do you really want that Winnipeg Jets NHL12 cover? Well, guess what? You can get one. - There are 250 being made, and Evander Kane will be signing stuff @ the St. James Future Shop.

It's from 9:30om to 11:00pm on September 12th. They will be open for the midnight launch, so I know I'll be considering it.

http://accesswinnipeg.com/2011/09/evander-kane-signing-nhl-12-copies-at-future-shop-st-james/

Fixed1979

Evander Kane in a Thrashers Jersey on the cover? Will they mail you a copy of the Winnipeg Jersey cover when they get to it?

Fixed1979 said:
Evander Kane in a Thrashers Jersey on the cover? Will they mail you a copy of the Winnipeg Jersey cover when they get to it?

........what?

No seriously....what?

There's no way to begin with. First, the jerseys are released. Second, there's this little invention called Photoshop. You might have seen in use in the Regular NHL12 cover...

Marvie_3 said:
This would be awesome but I'm not driving 6 hours from Minnesota to Winnipeg just for a game cover. :lol

If I go, and somehow get an extra, I'll gladly send you one, but I really don't see that happening...I'm assuming there will be a lot of people there.

I'm leaning way more towards yes then no right now because of it though.

RS4-

FUCK unlocking shit in BAP again. Tried to do both the 2way Dman and sniper stuff and didn't unlock the slots.

Did this on pro by playing through the whole game, by simming two periods and finishing it out or starting, then simming the rest.

No luck on any of those.

I did find a way to knock the puck out from the goalie while he's doing the cover up though :D

Marvie_3

Banned
KnightAttack said:
If I go, and somehow get an extra, I'll gladly send you one, but I really don't see that happening...I'm assuming there will be a lot of people there.

I'm leaning way more towards yes then no right now because of it though.
Thatd be awesome. :D

RS4- said:
The Jets logo is there but the jersey just has the NHL logo on it.

It is? At the team select screen it's just the NHL shield. I have yet to play them so you may be referring to the in game logo's.

I just had a seriously epic online victory in OT. I feel like it feels more like hockey than the previous versions, just all the little animation tweaks and such go a long way to making it feel more realistic.

Hey guys, just want to start up a quick NHL 12 online league. I think it will be only for North American players right now because Early release and retail disc players can't play each other right now. Its only going to be a maximum of 6 teams for the first season and only 5 regular season games just to start up. If you have the game RIGHT NOW and want to join just PM me and join up.

League name: Domination
Abbreviation: TBN
password: tbn

Teams:
Me (Gamertag: infinityBCRT) - New York Rangers
Milly79 (Gamertag: Milly79) - Carolina Hurricanes
Hey guys, just want to start up a quick NHL 12 online league. I think it will be only for North American players right now because Early release and retail disc players can't play each other right now. Its only going to be a maximum of 6 teams for the first season and only 5 regular season games just to start up. If you have the game RIGHT NOW and want to join just put in your info in this thread and join up.

League name: Domination
Abbreviation: TBN
password: tbn

Teams:
Me (Gamertag: infinityBCRT) - New York Rangers
Milly79 (Gamertag: Milly79) - Carolina Hurricanes
bratt (Gamertag: jonubuu) - Edmonton Oilers

I've been playing the demo a bunch over the past few days, and man, the physics/hits/animation seem really shoddy compared to last year. It almost seems like they've sacrificed natural physics for canned transition animations when it comes to hip checks, etc. Really hope the final product isn't like this.

by the way, Early Release build is older than Retail release. Retail release that I played a few weeks ago had the Jets logo in it, the early release doesn't.

Marvie_3 said:
Would someone make a thread for this already? :lol

I totally would, but I'm too new.

I'll gladly help run the team or whatever is needed.

In fact, if there isn't one set up when the game releases, I will do so.

Top Bottom