• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
As the addendum to that cited stat re: two teams winning the cup after playing 13 in the first two rounds... no team has ever won the cup having played 14 in their first two rounds.

LETS GO CAPS. LETS GO CAPS.
Well, no team had ever won three seven game series en route to the Cup before last season. :)

Records are made to be broken, etc. History Will Could Be Made.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jesus Christ Holtby. Balls of steel.

EDIT: I take that back? Sorry for the jinx. whoops.

EDIT2: dat goaltender interference.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holtby wants to make an easy pad save, but can't extend the leg because Hagelin is standing in the crease. tz.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Two teams that suck in Game 7s. I think the Caps suck more, though. While I always like the road team in a seventh game, I just can't see them doing it again. It'll be another tight game, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
On the plus side, at least we showed some heart there at the end.

Overall that was probably our worst game in the playoffs. Big time performance by the Caps, though, and Holtby was lights out tonight.

The only relief is that this was Game 6 and not 7, but I don't have nearly the confidence in this Game 7 that I did about the Senators series. Gonna be a rough rest of the week...

LJ11

At least it's not an afternoon game.

Need to get Callahan off that Ani/Boyle line, get Fed on that line and move Callahan around. The other two are big bodies but they're slow on the forecheck, get more speed with Callahan.

Cagey

Banned
If the Devils don't win Game 1 of the ECF based on the sheer fatigue of these two teams, playing 14 games and getting two days rest v. the five day maxin' and relaxin' we're getting (with extra bonus time for the doctors to work mysterious Russian magic on Kovalchuk), I'll be furious. It's setting up too perfectly.

Any dates announced for WCF yet?

ShaneB

Excellent win by the Caps tonight, this series has been back and forth with each team having dominating performances in games. Game 7 will be great. Always happy to see more Game 7's, and I hope for another marathon epic.

Ra\/en

Out of the remaining teams, I'd most like to see either the Kings or Capitals hoist the cup.

good win tonight. Game 7 should be interesting. Sucks that we have to wait a couple of days though.... What am I going to do with myself? I guess I could study...

~Kinggi~

Banned
If the Rangers lose i will go for Caps i guess. Although honestly every time i see Ovi i want to punch him in the face. I like Holtby though.

Kinda hard to know why i dislike him though cause he seems like a little kid in the candy store any time something positive for his team happens. He is pretty gung-ho caps.

If the Rangers lose i will go for Caps i guess. Although honestly every time i see Ovi i want to punch him in the face. I like Holtby though.

Kinda hard to know why i dislike him though cause he seems like a little kid in the candy store any time something positive for his team happens. He is pretty gung-ho caps.

Really? I think it's hard not to like Ovi this year. If this was other years where he was mediocre in the playoffs I'd agree but he has a completely different attitude and is less cocky and more of a hard worker with doing everything including blocking multiple shots a game. Besides Holtby, I think his transformation is probably one of the biggest changes for the caps.

Socreges

Banned
Really? I think it's hard not to like Ovi this year. If this was other years where he was mediocre in the playoffs I'd agree but he has a completely different attitude and is less cocky and more of a hard worker with doing everything including blocking multiple shots a game. Besides Holtby, I think his transformation is probably one of the biggest changes for the caps.
Maybe he hasn't done everything for the Caps in the past, but I wouldn't say he's ever been "mediocre" in the playoffs.

Top Bottom