• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Socreges

Banned
look out KHL, Putin is coming to show you how a real man plays hockey!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...729833.html;_ylt=AhTzYHhBwwTxCyvaXnWL6fV7vLYF
The other video at that link is especially hilarious.

ibr6s5gRCXq8fy.gif

Socreges

Banned
If you hate something enough, it doesn't need to actually be funny in order to be funny. I bet Pens fans are loving it right now.

It is pretty terrible, though.

Curufinwe

It's amazing how bitter Pittsburgh fans are over losing one out of three playoff series to the Flyers over a five year period even though they won a Cup in that time, but perhaps that hilarious tombstone helps distract them from the fact that Crosby's brief period as best player in the world ended on 1/1/11.

meh, nevermind. Not worth it.

LOL at the stay classy flyers fan comment. Selective quoting is fun:

Bryz said:
Philadelphia has great fans, they are the majority. They are always with the team in difficult times. Even after a mistake they say words of support.

Oh noes a few fans gave Bryz a hard time after he basically scored on himself in an elimination game, what monsters.

Edit: Oh you edited it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
fuck your NHL playoffs, there's a Bikini Hockey League incoming:

BikiniHockeyLeague.jpg

Not even the creator of the Bikini Hockey League thought his idea would generate the reaction it has.

"I never dreamed in a million years that we would have this much interest in it," league owner Cary Eskridge said. "I'm just thrilled beyond my wildest dreams."

The notion of athletic young women playing hockey in swimwear has apparently touched a nerve, resulting in a frenzy of interest. The Bikini Hockey League's website received 60,000 hits within a four-hour period of the initial announcement. Interview requests have poured in, including radio-show requests from as far away as London. Numerous sponsorship and franchise inquiries have come in as well as player applications from both coasts and Canada.

While interest has mushroomed (lol), don't expect to see pucks and two-pieces flashing by at your nearby arena anytime soon. Eskridge, whose background is in video production, is starting with just two teams, the formation of which will be the basis for a reality show. The pilot episode will begin filming next month in Eskridge's hometown of Tulsa.

"We have several different networks that are interested already," Eskridge said. "We're not able to say who right now, but we feel like this could truly be compelling and interesting. There's always a storyline with girls being from different areas of the country and the different personalities."

Expansion to a full-blown league with franchises in other cities is in the talking stages.
Quebec City is an odds-on favourite.

Socreges

Banned
"We have several different networks that are interested already," Eskridge said. "We're not able to say who right now, but we feel like this could truly be compelling and interesting. There's always a storyline with girls being from different areas of the country and the different personalities. Also, titties."
Fixed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, scored tickets for tomorrow (err, tonight, I guess) from a coworker again. Lucky!

Still have a bad feeling about this one, though.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Let's just get this shit over with. Rangers will win, unfortunately.

Revenant

Insinuating they're going easy on him?

clearly you're just jealous of his lightning speed and wicked backhand!

"We have several different networks that are interested already," Eskridge said. "We're not able to say who right now, but we feel like this could truly be compelling and interesting. There's always a storyline with girls being from different areas of the country and the different personalities."

I bet the middle aged men watching will no doubt be thrilled to learn each girls story of how they found their way to the bikini hockey league while they crank one out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is it time to repost those pictures of Paulina's Gretzkey's crotch?

Because there sure as hell ain't hockey to talk about.
Wait, what? Did I miss these? I moved and didn't have internet and cable for almost a week, these must have been posted during that period. I demand reposts!

Top Bottom