• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

rellix

Really? I think it's hard not to like Ovi this year. If this was other years where he was mediocre in the playoffs I'd agree but he has a completely different attitude and is less cocky and more of a hard worker with doing everything including blocking multiple shots a game. Besides Holtby, I think his transformation is probably one of the biggest changes for the caps.

I wouldn't call Ovechkin's previous playoff performances mediocre simply because he's blocked a few shots this year. Look at his prior numbers - he's often been the only reason the Caps have gotten as far as they did. Whatever he wasn't contributing defensively, he was contributing offensively.

I wouldn't call Ovechkin's previous playoff performances mediocre simply because he's blocked a few shots this year. Look at his prior numbers - he's often been the only reason the Caps have gotten as far as they did. Whatever he wasn't contributing defensively, he was contributing offensively.

True, mediocre is the wrong word but I think he definitely looks better/more rounded this time around than previously. I think it's an improvement.

Edit: Just watched Torts post game... Dude is so salty.

ShaneB

This is the time when the playoffs start to fucking draaaaaaaaag on.

Yeah :( It's not like the offseason where it's the summer and I know there won't be hockey, but now it's just it starts to die down and longer between games, as opposed to so much going on in the first round.

edit: at least the CHL is wrapping up and the Memorial Cup starts soon as well, so that's a bonus.

So Kaner was apparently going up to girls, pulling their glasses down, going "good enough" and making out with them. :lol

...But multiple witnesses said he was kicked out of a party for trying to two-hand choke a girl. If that's true, I hope he gets shit on by police in Madison. I don't even care.

THIS is why this shit isn't okay.

Marvie_3

Banned
So Kaner was apparently going up to girls, pulling their glasses down, going "good enough" and making out with them. :lol

...But multiple witnesses said he was kicked out of a party for trying to two-hand choke a girl. If that's true, I hope he gets shit on by police in Madison. I don't even care.

Multiple witnesses have also seen Bigfoot, UFOs, and a working trickle down economics system as well.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

We'll take him off your hands if he's really bothering you that much, we have this excellent Alaskan player you may be interested in filling your #2 C spot.

Socreges

Banned

...because partying always leads to two-hand choking?

Cagey

Banned

151-2-12.jpg

cube444

Holtby is not only a boss but he also became a dad today. Hunter and his fiancé Brandi Bodnar had their baby boy this afternoon and named him Benjamin Hunter Holtby. :lol

John Dunbar

correct about everything
hockey noob question: what happens if a goalie moves the goal on purpose? say he sees two or more players break away towards him and it looks like it's going to be a certain goal, so he just knocks the goal down? is it just delaying the game and he gets 2 minutes, or is it something worse?

Socreges

Banned
hockey noob question: what happens if a goalie moves the goal on purpose? say he sees two or more players break away towards him and it looks like it's going to be a certain goal, so he just knocks the goal down? is it just delaying the game and he gets 2 minutes, or is it something worse?
The NHL takes custody of his first-born son.

And a penalty shot.

Sanjuro

The playoffs are practically dead to me at this point. Did need to come in to post how amazing John Tortorella's post-game press conferences are. They are simply amazing.

LJ11

The playoffs are practically dead to me at this point. Did need to come in to post how amazing John Tortorella's post-game press conferences are. They are simply amazing.

Hahaha

He's the best. I know fans shit on him for not talking and being rude, but can you blame with some of the questions. Why did you call a timeout? Should've asked the reporter if he was breathing during the game.

Alucard

Banned
Holtby is not only a boss but he also became a dad today. Hunter and his fiancé Brandi Bodnar had their baby boy this afternoon and named him Benjamin Hunter Holtby. :lol

His wife couldn't wait until after game 7? This is gonna mess with his focus, man! He'll just be thinking about changing diapers when he's in goal!

Top Bottom