• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, Kings going to the Finals. I said damn. Been a while since a team has dominated like this in the playoffs.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"Kings are 4th NHL team to start playoffs 11-1 in last 30 years; the previous 3 all lost in Stanley Cup Final."

Means nothing, but holy shit, that's rough. :lol

Phthisis

I think I speak for all my fellow Kings fans when I say that this is a state of EUPHORIA. Never in a million years did I dream we'd be where we are.

I think I speak for all my fellow Kings fans when I say that this is a state of EUPHORIA. Never in a million years did I dream we'd be where we are.

Agreed. And I would've NEVER in my wildest dreams imagined that we would be this dominant either. I'm still finding it pretty difficult to believe that the run we're on is real lol.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window

Agreed. And I would've NEVER in my wildest dreams imagined that we would be this dominant either. I'm still finding it pretty difficult to believe that the run we're on is real lol.

where the hell have you guys been all year. ive been holdin this fort down for kings fans all alone

edit: ohhhh just noticed the lakers are down 2-0, the influx of kings fans suddenly makes sense

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
where the hell have you guys been all year. ive been holdin this fort down for kings fans all alone

edit: ohhhh just noticed the lakers are down 2-0, the influx of kings fans suddenly makes sense

good one.

Canucks still with the only win against LA, will this be something worth clinging on to at the end of the playoffs? We'll see... :'(

Phthisis

I've been posting off and on all year. Hell, someone pointed out that almost 5 years ago I said the Kings would win the Cup in the next 5 years haha. I've been posting in NHL GAF for quite a bit. I just don't do it often.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
when kings 'fans' are talking cinderella run with a roster of brown, kopitar, richards, carter, doughty and quick, it takes a bit of a double take

I've been posting off and on all year. Hell, someone pointed out that almost 5 years ago I said the Kings would win the Cup in the next 5 years haha. I've been posting in NHL GAF for quite a bit. I just don't do it often.

According to NHL-GAF, you're only a Kings fan if you work directly under Daryl Sutter. You only qualify as a bandwagoner if you worked for Murray and continued posting after he was fired; or if you are a close relative of Lombardi. Anyone else is a Laker fan who stumbled in drunk trying to forget Game 2.

Just passed my emt state practical/written! Now I might have some free time to pay attention to hockey (obviously have nothing on bruce's recent ordeal, but will be nice to watch FlyersWest's run now.)

Clydefrog

According to NHL-GAF, you're only a Kings fan if you work directly under Daryl Sutter. You only qualify as a bandwagoner if you worked for Murray and continued posting after he was fired; or if you are a close relative of Lombardi. Anyone else is a Laker fan who stumbled in drunk trying to forget Game 2.

^^ honestly, this. granted, there are obviously going to be bandwagon fans seeing a major market team doing this well, but haters gonna hate.

no7vx.gif

i've been here all season

that stat vatstep posted scares me though

I'm not a frequent poster, but yeah, been following the Kings the entire season. I posted in here a bit earlier on but ended up lurking instead mostly. I promise I'll still be here once the playoffs are done.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
when kings 'fans' are talking cinderella run with a roster of brown, kopitar, richards, carter, doughty and quick, it takes a bit of a double take
This is true, this run shows how much the Kings were underachieving all year more then anything, it seems like a lot of people were expecting them to be quite dominant in the regular season. Still one hell of a run, I don't even want to think about the payout the one crazy guy in vegas is receiving right now.

Also a note for the Diablo players on here, I played D3 as my first ever Diablo yesterday and wasn't all that impressed =/ I have my flame shield in hand but I assume never playing it before erases some of the effect for me.

Socreges

Banned
The playoffs create true fans of all those people who kept that one eye on their team for years. You go from watching the occasional game and mostly following them superficially to sudden, hardcore fandom.

I would've been the same with the Grizzlies if they ever weren't shit.

Still doesn't make me feel any better.
I'm subscribing to the The Hypothetical Daniel Theory until draft/FA signings finally distract me.

Socreges

Banned
LOfuckingL at Dave Tippett complaining about "embellishment."
Sutter's response ("I didn't complain last game") was perfect.

Dustin Brown does embellish/dive, though, and it's why he didn't get the benefit of the doubt when he got hacked by Smith. There were a few instances just in the series against the Canucks alone.

Clydefrog

Sutter's response ("I didn't complain last game") was perfect.

Dustin Brown does embellish/dive, though, and it's why he didn't get the benefit of the doubt when he got hacked by Smith. There were a few instances just in the series against the Canucks alone.

Sutter's post-game conferences are so good. I think he envisions 10 key words and tries to use all of them after each question WITHOUT using any other words. "First period, we moved puck well. Improve on second period."

Darryl, after the second period, the Kings came out pumped. Was it you who said something and what did you say to the team in the locker room?

"We came out pumped. It wasn't me."

and, yeah, Brown embellished tonight. but i'm okay with that because of the non-calls the kings have got this series against phoenix. Brown (does not equal sign) Kesler/Smith

PLEASE SWEEP

Nope. Since 2001. Watching them upset the Red Wings in the first round was so fucking awesome, I couldn't help but not follow the team after that.

Who cares, we gave Robitaille something the Kings were unwilling to give him... The Cup!!!

I'm am now officially on the "hope the Kings lose bandwagon", the influx in fans has turned me against them, though if they play NJ I'm not sure who I would want to win.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The Kings are just the dominant team right now, they've been mangling their opponents the entire playoffs, of course people are going to cheer for them.

Don't be such negative nancies "Dur I don't want them to win because everyone else wants them to win"

ShaneB

This is true, this run shows how much the Kings were underachieving all year more then anything, it seems like a lot of people were expecting them to be quite dominant in the regular season. Still one hell of a run, I don't even want to think about the payout the one crazy guy in vegas is receiving right now.

Also a note for the Diablo players on here, I played D3 as my first ever Diablo yesterday and wasn't all that impressed =/ I have my flame shield in hand but I assume never playing it before erases some of the effect for me.

A lot of analysts predicted the Kings to do really well and finish in the top 4 in the west. Underachieve they certainly did, and they're hitting their stride in the playoffs. Perfect example of the stars aligning when it matters most.

As for D3/Diablo in general, it's definitely not for everyone! No worries :) Of course, I wasn't really watching the game last because I was finishing off Act 1, so damn good! Lag deaths certainly suck though, jeez.

ij70FrsLyp4R5.jpg

Jake The Snake Roberts approves.

So what am I seeing here, I missed the play. Am I seeing a DDT, or Doughty single leg takedown, lol

^^ honestly, this. granted, there are obviously going to be bandwagon fans seeing a major market team doing this well, but haters gonna hate.

i've been here all season

that stat vatstep posted scares me though

Let's be clear: If you know exactly who the fans are in this thread of any other team within your division, then you're a certified NHL-Gaf regular. Because how else are you meant to know who you were shit talking with during the regular season against all those Coyotes/Ducks/Stars matchups?

I'm banking that you guys are due for a 2010 Habs collapse after your hotness falls flat, but that's just my allegiance talking.

Also Soc, for your earliest posts...

superheroes-batman-superman-superheroes-dude.gif

Fuck New Jersey. New York hates New Jersey, neogaf hates New Jersey, I hate New Jersey. New Jersey themselves hate New Jersey.

Who the hell likes New Jersey?

Top Bottom