• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

The only reason New York isn't down (and down big) in this game is because of plays from Lundqvist, McDonaugh, and Del Zotto. One shot in eleven minutes? Garbage.

Rangers have a goalie and can block shots. Really surprised they are in the 3rd round at all, tbh.

They're in because when they're on, they normally outplay the opponent and get, at the least, decent offensive pressure. And...they've had great defensive and goalie play. Which is more than I can say about certain other teams we've seen (particularly the two PA teams).

Quick

Banned
The Kings/Yotes game tomorrow has to be early. There's an NBA playoff game in the same building that night. (I have no idea what they're going to do if the Kings game goes to multiple overtimes.)

I forgot about the Lakers and Clippers. 3 games in 2 nights overall, I think.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally a great chance and Brodeur with another circus save.

Kreider is creating literally ALL of our chances (all...what, 2? 3?)

RangersFan

Rangers contingency in the crowd is starting to get quite loud.

i went to every rangers devils playoff game at the prudential center in 08 and it was crazy. was like a 55-45 split favoring the devils, which is pretty bad for a "home" game. it got so bad that the arena had to blare loud rock music after every rangers goal to drown out the rangers goal chant from the crowd. and the standing O the Rangers got when the eliminated the devils led to Chico Resch whining on air about it.

Wow. Rags got this one. Hit the post, goes past Lundqvist's arm so closely it spins...really surprised it didn't bounce off his back and back in.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
i went to every rangers devils playoff game at the prudential center in 08 and it was crazy. was like a 55-45 split favoring the devils, which is pretty bad for a "home" game. it got so bad that the arena had to blare loud rock music after every rangers goal to drown out the rangers goal chant from the crowd. and the standing O the Rangers got when the eliminated the devils led to Chico Resch whining on air about it.

The Devils are actively trying to prevent Ranger fans from buying playoff tickets at the Rock.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...s-home-fans-to-keep-rangers-backers-away.html

LOL

NYR

Devils outplayed the Rangers. No one will remember that because IT DOESN'T MATTER - if you can't capitalize on your opportunities, you are not a better team.

All that matters is the W. Rangers never gave up despite a weak start (a true sign of heart), took advantage of their opportunities (which were few and far between) and that is why they won, plain and simple. This win is how the Rangers win - a wall of defencemen, domination via blocked shots, outstanding goaltending, and scoring when you can.

Armchair commentators can say the devils are the better team - it doesn't matter to me. This is about W's, not about dominating a game and still not winning - you can have all the talent in the world but if you can't put the puck in the net, you don't win.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man, what a sweet shutout for Henrik....AGAIN hahaha.

Last goalie to do 2 shutouts is Mike Richter against the devils oh i like that.

Curufinwe

Do the Rangers maybe have some special protective equipment that makes their players fearless when it comes to shot blocking? They don't seem to get injured very often considering how often they do it.

Top Bottom