• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

anyone who hates new york

LOL I hate NY but I hate the Devils way more then the Rangers. I would rather the Rangers win the next 10 cups then the Devils win one. The Rangers winning would be good for the NHL, they are a huge market team with a dedicated fanbase.

Not even New Jersey likes the Devils apparently as you said.... nothing new.. but my god man.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/18/devils_no_blue_campaign/

How do you not sell out a Conference finals game?!

I love seeing the world get to see what a shitty franchise the Devils are. Hopefully Parise leaving this off season will kick the bankruptcy into overdrive.

Until I see one of the Jersey Shore crew wearing a Devils jersey then I'm gonna keep assuming that your stereotypical Jersey archetype doesn't give a fuck about the Devils (since Australian MTV leads me to believe that New Jersey is nothing but said crew)...

Walt from Comic Book Men isn't enough.

LOL I hate NY but I hate the Devils way more then the Rangers. I would rather the Rangers win the next 10 cups then the Devils win one. The Rangers winning would be good for the NHL, they are a huge market team with a dedicated fanbase.

I love seeing the world get to see what a shitty franchise the Devils are. Hopefully Parise leaving this off season will kick the bankruptcy into overdrive.

Yup, him moving to Detroit will be glorious!! :p

LJ11

Yeah, I fucking hate the Devils more than any other Atlantic Division team, Pens come close though. It's mostly the fans I hate, they're fucking terrible. Easily the worst.

MacAttack

Also a note for the Diablo players on here, I played D3 as my first ever Diablo yesterday and wasn't all that impressed =/ I have my flame shield in hand but I assume never playing it before erases some of the effect for me.

I think your reaction is pretty common for people starting out in the game. Based on the hype, it's easy for expectations to get skewed from reality. Loot games are a niche genre for sure, but what Diablo does, it does better than any other game and that's why it gets such high praise.

The best parts of the game are collecting gear for your unique player and figuring out the best skillset to slaughter wave after wave of enemies so that you can collect more gear.

It's one of those things where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You can't just play and expect to be bowled over by the graphics/story or any one thing. It's more of a gradual thing where once it gets its hooks into you, it gets very addictive. The game works great in multiplayer so there's that too but if you don't like the core game its not a gamechanger.

Re: the playoffs. I'm not saying the teams are boring, I just don't like any of the teams that are left.

Torts is a boss, but I could never bring myself to root for a NY team.

I'm trying to convince myself to get behind NJ but I'm just not feeling it.

Phoenix can move to Quebec already.

The Kings are everything I hated about the Flyers two years ago.

I think your reaction is pretty common for people starting out in the game. Based on the hype, it's easy for expectations to get skewed from reality. Loot games are a niche genre for sure, but what Diablo does, it does better than any other game and that's why it gets such high praise.

The best parts of the game are collecting gear for your unique player and figuring out the best skillset to slaughter wave after wave of enemies so that you can collect more gear.

It's one of those things where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You can't just play and expect to be bowled over by the graphics/story or any one thing. It's more of a gradual thing where once it gets its hooks into you, it gets very addictive. The game works great in multiplayer so there's that too but if you don't like the core game its not a gamechanger.

Re: the playoffs. I'm not saying the teams are boring, I just don't like any of the teams that are left.

What do you hate about the Kings? If it wasnt for all the idiots claiming Homer is a GM afer they win the cup I would root for them out of whats left. Carter comes off as a guy that doesnt give it his all, but Gagne is easy to root for, and Richards can be a great player even though he does come off as a bit of a prick some times.

PSO.

Also, Torts is a clown. Just because you're asspained over a loss, that doesn't mean you need to act like a complete idiot to people who're just trying to do their jobs. It's so childish it's pathetic.

LJ11

PSO.

Also, Torts is a clown. Just because you're asspained over a loss, that doesn't mean you need to act like a complete idiot to people who're just trying to do their jobs. It's so childish it's pathetic.

He behaves that way after a win, but no one really paid any attention to him during the regular season.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
A lot of analysts predicted the Kings to do really well and finish in the top 4 in the west. Underachieve they certainly did, and they're hitting their stride in the playoffs. Perfect example of the stars aligning when it matters most.

To be honest, they were just 3 points away from doing just that. Only 2 points separated them and 4th place Phoenix.

MacAttack

What do you hate about the Kings?

Carter comes off as a guy that doesnt give it his all, but Gagne is easy to root for, and Richards can be a great player even though he does come off as a bit of a prick some times.

Also, its LA, the poor regular season play that led to their coach getting fired, Cartman and bandwagon fans.

Love PSO (my first loot whore game) and it is more aesthetically pleasing than Diablo in a lot of ways, but its also clunkier in some ways. Gameplay in Diablo is perfectly tuned and when you're running through the same "randomly" generated dungeon for the 10th time that is more important than looking pretty. Not that Diablo is ugly or PSO controls like junk, just those seem to be areas that set each game apart.

Torterella comes off as someone who values what his team thinks of him more than what the public perception of himself is as a coach. Reminds me a lot of Bill Belichek and it seems to work out for both of them.

Sympathy for sports media is not something I can relate to. Do the writers apologize when they act like complete idiots? Torterella has a job to do and it does not include making a beat writers job easier.

MacAttack

Holy shit. This is a couple of years old but holy shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=iLuzLJPbh58

Bruins scores 3 shorthanded goals on one PK in 64 seconds.

Cam Ward is terrible.
Pretty sure Ward threw in the towel after the D let Paille waltz straight across the goal mouth with three guys staring at him.

Second goal the left D should have just skated to the bench into the locker room and proceeded directly to the minors.

Seriously pathetic defense on all three goals.

I also like how Edwards says Paille didn't hit his spot on the first goal. Thats because Paille's spot is usually the emblem on the goalies chest!

Or Quebec is inside their wives
YvTDr.gif

SpacLock

If Detroit is America's Dubai, then we're pretty fucked. I'd like to think we could do better than that.

It's funny how people always talk shit about Detroit even though they have never been there.

Do you even know what the inside of the Joe Louis Arena looks like? Have you seen any recent pictures?

Marvie_3

Banned
It's funny how people always talk shit about Detroit even though they have never been there.

Do you even know what the inside of the Joe Louis Arena looks like? Have you seen any recent pictures?

Except I have been there......

That picture doesn't even have the worst part about Joe Louis Arena in it. Urinal troughs.

Quick

Banned
Is there any reason why this game isn't in the evening? I just find it odd that a bunch of these playoff games have been put in the afternoon instead of the evening.

The Kings/Yotes game tomorrow is at 3:00 ET/12:00 PT.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason why this game isn't in the evening? I just find it odd that a bunch of these playoff games have been put in the afternoon instead of the evening.

The Kings/Yotes game tomorrow is at 3:00 ET/12:00 PT.

The Kings/Yotes game tomorrow has to be early. There's an NBA playoff game in the same building that night. (I have no idea what they're going to do if the Kings game goes to multiple overtimes.)

Need to weather this storm. Hopefully a penalty kill energizes the team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Torts promoting Kreider to the top line is an interesting but not unexpected move.

Kreider's got the hot stick right now and he's one of the few guys who still has the legs going at full strength. And the top line hasn't been generating as much in this series so far compared to the last series.

Top Bottom