• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

NYR

Do the Rangers maybe have some special protective equipment that makes their players fearless when it comes to shot blocking? They don't seem to get injured very often considering how often they do it.
Fear of Tortorella > taking a puck to the body

Cactus

Banned
Brad May: Martin Hanzal's hit on Dustin Brown (which resulted in a one game suspension) was worse than Torres' hit on Hossa.

...anybody here agree with him?

Quick

Banned
Brad May: Martin Hanzal's hit on Dustin Brown (which resulted in a one game suspension) was worse than Torres' hit on Hossa.

I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question, but fuck it anyway: no, I don't agree with him.

Ugh. Henrik carrying the Rangers and their shitty offense.

xlarge.jpg

Seems like it's just Richards

ShaneB

Hanzel's hit could've been so much worse, given the distance from the boards, and speed of the play. Torres' hit was a stupid as shit hit too that didn't need to happen.

They're both horrible plays that deserved suspensions, who cares which is worse, they both should not have happened.

It's probably been covered, but I don't have much to be in this thread...

Why is the game so late today? 3pm my time (AEST) = nearly a eastern conference game on pacific timezone (PST).

NYR

Ugh. Henrik carrying the Rangers and their shitty offense.

I'm really hoping the Rangers are able to turn it about and start getting some of that clutch offensive play like the Penguins had...you know, that kind of clutch offensive play that led them to score one goal in a do-or-die game in round 1 and then proceed to be blown out in that very same game 5-1.

Of course, your post is understandable - letting in 16 goals against in a span of 2 games can lead to a very bitter 1st round exit.

Keep chirping. Oh, whoops, I meant chipping...you know, on to the green. FOOOOOOORE!

Clydefrog

574 tickets still available off stubhub for game 4 kings vs coyotes. cheapest is apparently $50 but I can't find it. i only see $136 as the cheapest

will most likely be buying tickets on the drive up to Staples tomorrow.

edit: :lol the $50 ticket is a parking pass. what a dick

Alucard

Banned
I'm really hoping the Rangers are able to turn it about and start getting some of that clutch offensive play like the Penguins had...you know, that kind of clutch offensive play that led them to score one goal in a do-or-die game in round 1 and then proceed to be blown out in that very same game 5-1.

Of course, your post is understandable - letting in 16 goals against in a span of 2 games can lead to a very bitter 1st round exit.

Keep chirping. Oh, whoops, I meant chipping...you know, on to the green. FOOOOOOORE!

Nice of you to start posting around the playoffs. Looking forward to your disappearance once the Rags are eliminated.

And I was talking about the Rangers' offense. You switched it to something totally irrelevant.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Nice of you to start posting around the playoffs. Looking forward to your disappearance once the Rags are eliminated.

And I was talking about the Rangers' offense. You switched it to something totally irrelevant.

Totally irrelevant, like how the crybabies in this thread keep playin that 'oh look a stupid "FAN" only posting during playoffs booooooooooooo!!!!" ?

You are also talking to someone with the username NYR.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Why is it wrong to point out posters who only show up when their team is in the playoffs?
Because it has no basis on anything? I only recently discovered ways to watch my favorite team and have been posting throughout the whole playoffs. People can post and be exicted about their team when they are doing good, inside the NHL thread, and not be here during regular season.

But you guys like to revert back to grade-school tactics when you get all salty so it figures.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Because it has no basis on anything? I only recently discovered ways to watch my favorite team and have been posting throughout the whole playoffs. People can post and be exicted about their team when they are doing good, inside the NHL thread, and not be here during regular season.

But you guys like to revert back to grade-school tactics when you get all salty so it figures.

What lol? I'm not salty or mad a out anything. I don't even agree with what Alucard said but there is nothing wrong with mentioning that posters disappear come time for the regular season and only appear on the bandwagon. I'm not just talking about you.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What lol? I'm not salty or mad a out anything. I don't even agree with what Alucard said but there is nothing wrong with mentioning that posters disappear come time for the regular season and only appear on the bandwagon. I'm not just talking about you.

Well i dont find anything wrong with a blanket statement stating the fact people disappear but it is often used as an attack against specific users in this thread when someone says something that annoys the others, which is lame as heck.

But anyway, has a team every come back from 3-0 at any point in the playoffs ever?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well i dont find anything wrong with a blanket statement stating the fact people disappear but it is often used as an attack against specific users in this thread when someone says something that annoys the others, which is lame as heck.

But anyway, has a team every come back from 3-0 at any point in the playoffs ever?

Leafs, islanders (both decades ago) and Philadelphia 2 years ago

Philly was a glorious come back... Since in game 7 they went down 3-0 and won 4-3

NYR

A step-by-step reactionary guide to how I read your post:

*reads your post*

*looks at my user name*

*re-reads your post*

*looks at my registration date*

*re-reads your post...just to be sure*

1333259673738930_animate.gif

If we judge "true fans" by their ability to spam this thread (and the monthly ones) with irrelevant bullshit daily, then yeah, I'm not a fan. If a fan is someone who reads it daily and has only posted 2900 times in 6 years across the entire system, then well, put me in that camp.

kiss ophelia

Neo Member
574 tickets still available off stubhub for game 4 kings vs coyotes. cheapest is apparently $50 but I can't find it. i only see $136 as the cheapest

will most likely be buying tickets on the drive up to Staples tomorrow.

edit: :lol the $50 ticket is a parking pass. what a dick

I ended up cancelling Game 4 tickets on the hopes of a Cup Finals game.

Top Bottom