• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Qc City arena is not even built yet, lol

QC has an arena

You know, the one they used the last time they had an NHL team

The reason they left was because they couldn't get a new arena :p

And to steal a quote from HFBoards

Scruggs asks a potential buyer how much the arena costs to manage in regards to the AMF..

Unknown: ''About $12 to $13 Million''

Scruggs: ''So why do you need the extra money?''

Unknown: ''So that my investors can make money''

True story. That was tonight if anyone heard.

Whoever just answered the question just killed the coyotes

Cake Boss

Banned
Leave Shane Doan in the desert. The guy has always been a piece of shit cheapshot player. I cant believe people use the word classy with this player after what he did this season

Marvie_3

Banned
QC has an arena

You know, the one they used the last time they had an NHL team

The reason they left was because they couldn't get a new arena :p

And to steal a quote from HFBoards

Whoever just answered the question just killed the coyotes
Mayor Scruggs has been trying to kill them with her dialogue all night. She's trying to leave clues for GWI and sink the deal by placing all these loaded comments.

Kings won tonight!! Wooo!

ibchIAyxnp7vTi.gif

Welcome.

Move 'em to Seattle and Shane will stay.

Not happening.

Marvie_3

Banned
Listening to this old guy addressing the Glendale council is hilarious. Claims to be a Coyotes fan but he has no idea what he's talking about.

Clydefrog

Kings have gotten away with a lot of shit.

KrQmS.gif

what a fucking game! WOW!

heads up: i spent $4,000 on stanley cup tickets tonight HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

also, the milbury - roenick post-game feud was amazing. fuck milbury!

that cock with the big fat nose on NHL network is a fucking idiot as well

GO KINGS GO! oh im so happy

geeko

The only thing that will make this season end OK from here on out would be a Stanley Cup for the east. I normally hate the east but the queens must not win. LETS GO RANGERS/DEVILS!

Socreges

Banned
Well, it should have definitely been a penalty against Brown.

Still, I found this pretty hilarious:

Yandle: "They know we don't have an owner. They know we don't have anyone to back us up."

Yotes had plenty of favourable calls and they DO have an owner: the fucking NHL.

RBH

Mike Smith: "If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever."

Yandle: "I know they wear the same color uniforms as the Kings, but they didn't have to play for them tonight."

Clydefrog

Mike Smith: "If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever."

Yandle: [re the referees] "I know they wear the same color uniforms as the Kings, but they didn't have to play for them tonight."

this had me fuming

re the other quote, i just fucking ignore smith at this point

edit: socregres, i was yelling at the TV when Yandle said that quote re their owner. omg.

going to try and go to bed now

You know what? Fuck everything about the Coyotes.

Their shitty captain.

Their shitty goaltender.

Their shitty coach.

Their shitty fans.

Their shitty organization.

Everything about that team is just awful.

Phthisis

I can't even tell you how amazing this night has been. I've been a Kings fan for almost 13 years and this is the most amazing time I've ever had cheering for this team. I was about to have a heart attack in the OT. They whiffed on several good finishing chances. Then Penner scored and nobody in the bar could tell if it went in, and when he went down to one knee everyone simultaneously jumped out of their chairs and cheered.

WE'RE PLAYING FOR THE GODDAMN STANLEY CUP

I immediately hopped in the car and drove to the airport terminal the Kings chartered flight was arriving at. All told, there were 4,000+ fans waiting at the terminal to cheer on the team when they got home at 1 am. And all 4,000 were wearing Kings jerseys. I've never seen anything like it. Luc Robitaille walked the Campbell trophy down the line of fans, he slapped my hand.

It was amazing. Go Kings. Four more wins.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, it should have definitely been a penalty against Brown.
lol.....it wasn't a penalty

Still, I found this pretty hilarious:

Yandle: "They know we don't have an owner. They know we don't have anyone to back us up."

Yotes had plenty of favourable calls and they DO have an owner: the fucking NHL.
Exactly.

Yandle: "I know they wear the same color uniforms as the Kings, but they didn't have to play for them tonight."
what a couple of bitches

i hope LA destroys NYR/NJ.

You know what? Fuck everything about the Coyotes.

Their shitty captain.

Their shitty goaltender.

Their shitty coach.

Their shitty fans.

Their shitty organization.

Everything about that team is just awful.
nailed it.

get lost, phoenix. piece of shit franchise.

Curufinwe

Flyers Age on suicide watch yet?

We survived game 6 of the 2010 finals where Carter missed a wide open net to win the game in the last two minutes and then Leighton let in the softest OT goal in history, so this is nothing by comparison. It's not exactly shocking that Richards and especially Carter are doing well on a team where all they don't have to be the main guys.

I wonder if Richards told Brown not to touch the trophy since it was bad luck for him in 2010.

We survived game 6 of the 2010 finals where Carter missed a wide open net to win the game in the last two minutes and then Leighton let in the softest OT goal in history, so this is nothing by comparison. It's not exactly shocking that Richards and especially Carter are doing well on a team where all they don't have to be the main guys.

I wonder if Richards told Brown not to touch the trophy since it was bad luck for him in 2010.

I still think about Carter missing that net all the time. I would have loved to see what would have happened in a game 7. It is going to suck if Carter gets his name of the cup and he is basically a bystander on this team.

Probably the only one here who doesn't want LA to win it all right now. Though that is hoping the Rangers make it to the finals over NJ. If NJ makes it...... I hope somehow both teams lose and we have no winner...

Anyways this picture made me laugh:

pavel_datsyuk_det_rus_022410.jpg

Top Bottom