• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

LJ11

In this case it doesn't even matter about whether "directing" is legal or not. Callahan is obviously turning and stopping in order to avoid running headlong into the net, and that's what you have to do with your skates to make that quick turn. It doesn't even hit his skate, it hits him up high on the shin. It's an obviously good goal, which is why it was called as such.

To be honest I think he tried to create more surface area for the puck to hit and direct into the net while not using a kicking motion. I think his intent was to get the puck in the net, and he accomplished that while keeping it legal.

Socreges

Banned
Another quick goal. No way Rangers don't win this.

In this case it doesn't even matter about whether "directing" is legal or not. Callahan is obviously turning and stopping in order to avoid running headlong into the net, and that's what you have to do with your skates to make that quick turn. It doesn't even hit his skate, it hits him up high on the shin. It's an obviously good goal, which is why it was called as such.
Come on, you can't actually believe this. His eyes even followed the puck.

They called it a good goal because it takes some big balls to over turn the call on the ice in New York and consequently claim that they know that Callahan did it deliberately.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, you can't actually believe this. His eyes even followed the puck.

They called it a good goal because it takes some big balls to over turn the call on the ice in New York and consequently claim that they know that Callahan did it deliberately.

Of course his eyes were following the puck. He's charging at the crease to make a play. It's not like he was there by accident or something.

Either way, I've seen FAR worse and more obvious kicks not called off that complaining about that one seems downright silly.

Also, holy shit, that was way too close there.

Socreges

Banned
Of course his eyes were following the puck. He's charging at the crease to make a play. It's not like he was there by accident or something.

Either way, I've seen FAR worse and more obvious kicks not called off that complaining about that one seems downright silly.
It's just one detail among many that makes the "he was just trying to stop" explanation a bit silly.

And I personally don't think there's a problem with discussing goals that shouldn't have been allowed, however borderline.

Fuck the devils man. Fuck em' straight up the ass. Kovalchuk can suck a dick, Parise can go fuck Lou and Marty needs to fucking eat more donuts you fat fuck.

I swear, New York better win this series. How the hell does New Jersey keep winning.

Edit: I really hate that piece of shit city. Go bankrupt and die.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh.

This is a tough loss. Play so so much better, still get beaten. Just too many unlucky bounces or critical defensive blunders. I don't see anything that suggests we can win this series. It's been all Devils all the way until this game, which the Devils still won despite getting thoroughly outplayed for the vast majority of the game.

The Devils' ability to finish chances is the difference in this series. They're really really sharp if you give them an inch.

cube444

Fuck the devils man. Fuck em' straight up the ass. Kovalchuk can suck a dick, Parise can go fuck Lou and Marty needs to fucking eat more donuts you fat fuck.

I swear, New York better win this series. How the hell does New Jersey keeps winning.

It's hard for the Rangers to play the "let's collapse down low and watch Henrik play" for over 100 games in a season. That style takes its toll and they don't have enough game breakers needed to win a Cup.

Socreges

Banned
Devils/Kings final would be pretty terrible, indeed. Neither team is very interesting, imo.

Your posts are a symphony of metaphors and subtlety.

Marvie_3

Banned

I swear, New York better win this series. How the hell does New Jersey keeps winning.

Edit: I really hate that piece of shit city. Go bankrupt and die.

New Jersey isn't a city.

Cagey

Banned
New Jersey ain't a city brah. It's a state.

Fuck yeah. We got outplayed most definitely, but then again, if the first four games were won by the better team, we'd have swept the Rangers.

NYR

Great game, had a lot of fun watching it, great hockey.

Looking forward to game 6. Rangers played very well this game, I have the upmost confidence in their ability to bounce back in game 6.

Top Bottom