• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

MPW

devils are gonna win it all :(

trap > all

NKPgm.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Glad the Rangers were eliminated, their style of play was irritating as fuck. At least we'll have some decent hockey to close things out. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the Finals. Either team can win and it would suit me just fine.

yankeehater to meltdown after the Cup final: confirmed. Either he has to watch Carter and Richards hoist the Cup, or watch Kovalchuk and the Devils hoist the Cup.

sogood.gif

LOL at least I dont have to worry about ever seeing the Habs do it. It really is amazing to me how many "hockey" fans dont care about the sport. Oh well go Kings I guess.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Glad the Rangers were eliminated, their style of play was irritating as fuck. At least we'll have some decent hockey to close things out. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the Finals. Either team can win and it would suit me just fine.

The one thing rangers like to do more than any other team is eliminate sticks

They haven't been doing it as much in the post season, but it boils my blood when they do it

It's smart hockey but it kills the game more than trapping

Sibylus

Banned
Yup. Goddamn Rangers.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To those who said they wish they had Canadian panel people: You'd also have to put up with this:

69oVL.jpg

July, 2010:

The Kovalchuk saga has officially gone from "unbelievably stressful" to "absurdly hilarious" for me. This is the absolute best offseason story ever.

We're back to "unbelievably stressful" with a mixture of overwhelming euphoria and nervous anticipation accentuating the taste. Cannot. Lose. To Kovalchuk. Not after that. It would be unacceptable.

Alucard

Banned
Nice job by New Jersey. I actually don't care who wins the Cup at this point. I'm not cheering for or against anyone. Seeing Marty and Parise with the Cup would be pretty special, but I have a feeling the Kings just may be too good.

Solo

yankeehater to meltdown after the Cup final: confirmed. Either he has to watch Carter and Richards hoist the Cup, or watch Kovalchuk and the Devils hoist the Cup.

sogood.gif

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Devils in 6. Parise with dat Cup hoist
before coming to Montreal

Solo

I'm rooting for the Devils solely for the amount of butthurt it will cause in here if they win. Then again, I could watch Cokie Smurf and Dickards raise the Cup too. Either way, I feel good.

Devils in 6. Parise with dat Cup hoist
before coming to Montreal

Does he even speak French? No big FA would want to sign with a team that is as hopeless as the Habs. Every since Leighton ripped that box up the Habs have been on the way down.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hooooly shit, I was out drinking last night but this one bar we were at had a TV on, saw they were going into OT. A few minutes later I saw the Devil's celebrating.

Kings vs. Devils..

GO KINGS GO!

Hunter S.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| Worse matchup than the superbowl

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| Loser riots in NJ this year

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| At least the 'yotes will be in Kansas City next year

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| From the beach to hell and back again

Solo

Does he even speak French? No big FA would want to sign with a team that is as hopeless as the Habs. Every since Leighton ripped that box up the Habs have been on the way down.

I was joking. Parise is either going to re-sign or go to somewhere like Chicago.

Slurmer

Banned
If kings win it all this will be the 3rd consecutive year that Vancouver was eliminated by the eventual cup winner. It will be the 4th straight year for Philadelphia if the devils win it all.

The Rangers are fine with prospects. That draft pick is going for Nash.

I don't think having Nash and missing Kreider, McDonagh and/or Del Zotto etc. would have made a difference, maybe worse. I imagine fitting in Nash's monster cap hit would be a challenge (to pretty much every NHL team).

Marvie_3

Banned

FUCK YES GIMME THAT STEEL CASE

No.

I don't think having Nash and missing Kreider, McDonagh and/or Del Zotto etc. would have made a difference, maybe worse. I imagine fitting in Nash's monster cap hit would be a challenge (to pretty much every NHL team).

Exactly. Nash's cap hit will wreck the Rangers chances of signing some of their younger players over the next few years.

Cake Boss

Banned
I been asking for a first person view on OTP for a while now, how awesome would that be, especially if you are playing goalie, you could actually see where the puck is when its front of the net and not having to guess when to cover it up.

EA give me a job.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I was joking. Parise is either going to re-sign or go to somewhere like Chicago.

Probably.

Carolina fans think he's going to come to us because he'd complement Staal so nicely or some shit.

JR said that we'll be going for some "big name(s)" this summer, so most everyone thinks it'll be Parise. I have my doubts.

Marvie_3

Banned
You misspelled Detroit.
Exactly! Why go to Chicago when you could go to Detroit and buy 9 blocks full of burned up houses for $6.75!

i'd buy a collectors edition if it came w/ a sequel to 3on3
This would probably get me to bite.

I been asking for a first person view on OTP for a while now, how awesome would that be, especially if you are playing goalie, you could actually see where the puck is when its front of the net and not having to guess when to cover it up.

EA give me a job.

First person hockey would be terrible.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Eric.

Jordan though is the perfect person for FLA. We need a big goal scoring center so damn badly and it would lead to an amazing 2nd line with Huberdeau-Staal-Upshall. Damnit Tallon better go HAM for him. I'd trade Ellerby+Mattias/prospect + 3rd rounder for that

I know which one plays on the Hurricanes. I was responding to the big name speculation.

Top Bottom