• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Cake Boss

Banned
First person hockey would be terrible.

Hater

tumblr_m2duqr6UrQ1qh3enu.gif

Exactly! Why go to Chicago when you could go to Detroit and buy 9 blocks full of burned up houses for $6.75!

Yup, a lot of land for cheap, perfect for anyone! You should move to Detroit Marvie, just imagine all of the wonderful achievements you could accomplish in the city, it could change your life forever!

I don't think having Nash and missing Kreider, McDonagh and/or Del Zotto etc. would have made a difference, maybe worse. I imagine fitting in Nash's monster cap hit would be a challenge (to pretty much every NHL team).

Exactly. Nash's cap hit will wreck the Rangers chances of signing some of their younger players over the next few years.

I'm not worried about it. Slats will get it done on his terms or not at all. Gaborik is only on for 2 more years.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yup, a lot of land for cheap, perfect for anyone! You should move to Detroit Marvie, just imagine all of the wonderful achievements you could accomplish in the city, it could change your life forever!
Like getting my car stolen, house burned down, and getting shot? No thanks.

cube444

Lack of offense and game breakers did in the Rangers. They are not winning if they depend on Gaborik to carry the load offensively for them.

Brodeur is really going to get exposed by the Kings. He's the main reason the Rangers actually stuck around in games.

1) Lemme get this straight: ESPN doesn't give two squirts about the NHL, but they're running women's college softball on three networks at once all weekend? What a fucking joke.

2) lol Hasek. He was already "old" like three and four years ago. But he's a freakish talent, maybe he could pull off another 30-40 games before hanging 'em up. I could see that, I guess. edit: shit, he's 47??? lollol

Make sure to bring your night vision goggles.

I have family that works in somewhat similar business, so already set.

Like getting my car stolen, house burned down, and getting shot? No thanks.

Every day is packed with adrenaline, it would be like living in an action movie!

Fucking Hasek.that year where he got injured and fucked us up still hurts and burns on the inside. That was our year.

He couldn't take the thought of winning a Stanley Cup with another team besides Detroit. I would take him on a tryout as a backup to Howard just to see what he has in him. I think having Joey as backup is fine but it wouldn't hurt to give him a tryout to see how he does.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
nope, nope nope

I'm skipping it this year. Hell, I've only played NHL 12 maybe twice this entire season. I love the series, but I'm waiting for that next jump before investing another 60 bucks.

3 words: Online. GM. Mode.

nope, nope nope

I'm skipping it this year. Hell, I've only played NHL 12 maybe twice this entire season. I love the series, but I'm waiting for that next jump before investing another 60 bucks.

This.

I've been burned before, never again.

NHL 12 was the first game I didn't buy at launch and I'm glad I did because the changes were IN-SIG-NIFICANT.

He's retconning with a reverse jinx storyline.

Oh it's not a retconn. I've been trying to RJ them for years. Clearly I don't have the power to shame them into winning.

Also, fuck you Alucard. One shred of joy in this playoffs was watching the Penguins look like an AHL team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, back to functioning properly after all that partying last night.

I actually saw the overtime in a bar last night, so I at least got to get over the crushing loss with some drinking right away. Totally expected, though. Like I said after Game 5, I didn't think we'd be able to get to Game 7. The Rangers just kept on coming out flat constantly throughout this series, and Lundqvist could only salvage two of them. The Devils' finishing is just too damn good right now. In their wins they scored 3, 4, 5, and 3 goals against this Ranger team that wins based on stingy defense.

The future looks pretty damn good for the Rangers, though. We were the 4th youngest team in the league this season, I believe, and most of our core guys are only going to grow with time. We've got a potential great future star in the form of Kreider, too. It will be interesting to see how he develops with a full offseason and season to work on his game away from the puck. There's a whole group of guys we called up from Connecticut during the playoffs, too, so we're certainly not lacking in young prospects.

We're just a couple missing pieces away (mainly on offense, though an actual honest to god 6th defenseman couldn't hurt either) from winning the whole damn thing.

Looking forward to next season. I'll have season tickets come Fall, too! Gonna be fun.

As for what's left of this season, Go Kings Go.

I'll be in Detroit this summer yo! Every time I go to visit family the city looks worse and worse.

Like I have said before, I rarely go into the city, I work and live outside of it, so overall it can fall apart for all I care. As long as the sports teams (just the Wings) keep winning, the city could fade away. Harsh but that is probably a sentiment shared with quite a bit of people in Michigan these days.

Dastardly and I are going to jump off the LA Bridge if the queens win. Care to join?

I had a fresh bottle of suicide pills I was going to send you too. Anyways go Devils!!*

*I still hate the Devils

Marvie_3

Banned
Like I have said before, I rarely go into the city, I work and live outside of it, so overall it can fall apart for all I care. As long as the sports teams (just the Wings) keep winning, the city could fade away. Harsh but that is probably a sentiment shared with quite a bit of people in Michigan these days.
Eventually the only thing left standing in Detroit will be the disgusting urinal troughs from JLA.

Montresor

I'm probably stupidly late on this (since I haven't posted in or followed this thread in long time) but is this the first time that a low seed is gonna win the Cup (5th or lower)?

To those who said they wish they had Canadian panel people: You'd also have to put up with this:

69oVL.jpg

the fuck? I know Don Cherry has always been a clown, but has he always dressed like one?

fake edit: google image search shows a large number of ridiculous outfits. He's always dressed like this? Or is this a late in his career addition? Seriously, what the fuck.

Ra\/en

My pick for the stanley cup final.

I was wrong about Jersey/Rangers I thought NY would take it in 7, but hey, the devils pulled it out in 6.

For that reason I'm going Devils in 7.

Razorskin

----- ------
the fuck? I know Don Cherry has always been a clown, but has he always dressed like one?

fake edit: google image search shows a large number of ridiculous outfits. He's always dressed like this? Or is this a late in his career addition? Seriously, what the fuck.

He's been doing this for a long time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Some fun stats, courtesy of John Buccigross on Twitter:

Martin Brodeur will attempt to become the 9th player in NHL history (and 2nd goaltender) to win the Stanley Cup in three different decades
Players to Win Cup in 3 Different Decades- Clapper, Maurice & Henri Richard, Beliveau, Nieuwendyk, C Lemieux, Roy, Recchi
This is the first time in NHL history that two American-born captains will square off in the Final. (Derian Hatcher only Cup Captain)
Kings have had three head coaches this season. Terry Murray, John Stevens on an interim basis (4 games). Darryl Sutter hired on December 20
One team in history of the four major sports won championship with as many as 3 different head coaches/managers during season. 1978 Yankees

Heretic

I had a fresh bottle of suicide pills I was going to send you too. Anyways go Devils!!*

*I still hate the Devils
Come join Dastardly, Acid, and myself! New location!
Golden Gate is a much nicer place to jump from.

Location set!

Top Bottom