• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

The guy seems so stupid/fickle, as if he's a straw man set up to flatter the LAKings account:

Joel Charron ‏@J_Charron
@my_MILK_yellow Not sure how Vancouver is, I don't live there...but the team is prolly on a golf course rite now.
Joel Charron ‏@J_Charron
@yup124 no, not mad @ all. I'm jumping on the Kings bandwagon, got room for me? ;)
Joel Charron ‏@J_Charron
@LAKings I am pulling for u guys tho...I hate NJ, their style of hockey bores me. Put money down on u guys..help me not go broke eh? :)
Joel Charron ‏@J_Charron
@LAKings about the same...but hopefully u guys can change that number...wud like to see Westgarth on the ice though. Good luck in the finals

I don't think it's a fake account.

Parch

We'll be seeing bandwagon celebrities showing up for King games now. That's alright. Get a couple of them out there shooting pucks for charity. Bettman wants the ratings.

OnPoint

Go on....

There's a lot of talk about how Hodgson's injury was misdiagnosed, and when he was "better" the coaching staff and higher ups felt he was faking it or lazy when he was still suffering from something.

It's a shitty situation that probably could have been handled better on both sides. And I doubt we have the whole story. But I don't think it was all Hodgson's fault.

Article on the situation:
- http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article834441.ece

Played some NHL Slapshot on the Wii today to get my hockey fix. Wish the Cup Final would just start already.

Does that game get roster updates at all or is it fixed?

I haven't played it yet, but I'm seriously hankering for some lite NHL gaming that isn't NHL 3-on-3. Might grab a cheap Wii when they're double digits just for it.

Socreges

Banned
There's a lot of talk about how Hodgson's injury was misdiagnosed, and when he was "better" the coaching staff and higher ups felt he was faking it or lazy when he was still suffering from something.

It's a shitty situation that probably could have been handled better on both sides. And I doubt we have the whole story. But I don't think it was all Hodgson's fault.

Article on the situation:
- http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article834441.ece
That article's pretty bad, to be fair. They exaggerate comments from the Vancouver side of things (eg, how negative things were) and Gary Roberts' claims are pretty dubious, as if he's Hodgson's lawyer.

Socreges

Banned
The whole situation seems fishy honestly.
For sure. I have no doubt that Gillis' complaints were exaggerated. Seems like he was bothered by the backlash and, in trying to tell his side of things, went for character assassination (although he was obviously talking about Cody's family more than Cody himself).

Entropia

No One Remembers
6SZjU.png

Really?

Clydefrog

Brown would have to have a massive series to take the Conn Smythe away from Quick, should the Kings win. I imagine Quick will be very busy stopping the NJ offense.

It's going to be a tough series

I haven't played it yet, but I'm seriously hankering for some lite NHL gaming that isn't NHL 3-on-3. Might grab a cheap Wii when they're double digits just for it.

Google tells me the last update was before the 2011/2012 season. You can manually set them though.

Terrible signing. I'm now officially on the "Fire Bowman" bandwagon. If he'd taken a 50% paycut I would have been fine with it but that's way too much.

lolno

Hey, you could have Quincey for around that much for one year!! Just saying.

So we are both screwed, yay! Seriously Quincey is going to get around that much as well per year which kinda sucks.

Alucard

Banned

No roster updates as far as I know. I'm playing Peewee to Pro mode. Have Crosby playing for Rimouski right now. It's such a fun arcade-ish experience.

Top Bottom