• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

ShaneB

Hybrid icing is stupid. Just make it no touch and be done with it.

Also, was never a Red Wings fan, and hated them for how damn good they always are, lol, but you can't deny the class of Lidstrom. Perfect role model and a hell of player. Can still argue he's going out on top as he is still a top tier D man.

ZeroGravity

Florida was not the weakest team in the playoffs, by a far margin. Florida took the series to 7 and the Devils were the ones facing elimination. Also the Panthers had the highest goals per game v the Devils, posted a shutout, and routed Brodeur. In fact the East in general has been the stronger conference these playoffs.
Florida played well, but advancing in the playoffs is a lot about matchups, and who you play when. I don't think New Jersey even makes it to the second round if they had finished 5th, 7th, or 8th. They got the easiest opponent they theoretically could.

Cagey

Banned
The Rock is awfully quiet considering Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals is starting in 15 minutes.

Don't worry, it will be... ahem... Rocking. Crowds this playoff season have been far younger and far, far louder than years past. Rangers fans were incredibly small minority this postseason, compared to years past... other than the contingent that bought up the ultra expensive club seats (can't imagine the markup they paid), it wasn't anything like the 2008 playoffs. At this point, my generation of Devils fans have come of age and are purchasing tickets.

LEH DO THE DAMN THING.

Florida played well, but advancing in the playoffs is a lot about matchups, and who you play when. I don't think New Jersey even makes it to the second round if they had finished 5th, 7th, or 8th. They got the easiest opponent they theoretically could.

The same could be said about any team in any playoff series, ever? LOL

Can't say the Kings had it all that hard, can you? The Canucks are a trainwreck, the Blues can't score, ever and then Pheonix.. lol. The West was a disaster this year for whatever reason.

ZeroGravity

Can't say the Kings had it all that hard, can you? The Canucks are a trainwreck, the Blues can't score, ever and then Pheonix.. lol. The West was a disaster this year for whatever reason.
The Canucks were still a good team even without one of the Sedins, the Blues lack of scoring never hurt them during their dominance in the regular season, and the Coyotes had an extremely hot goaltender. The Kings demolished them all, not because their opponents were weak, but because the Kings were that good. If they don't win this series, it'll be a fairly sizable upset in my mind.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm psyched for this, I think it's gonna be a great series.

Devils in 6. Maybe. If they win tonight, I think they have a great shot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Canucks were still a good team even without one of the Sedins, the Blues lack of scoring never hurt them during their dominance in the regular season, and the Coyotes had an extremely hot goaltender. The Kings demolished them all, not because their opponents were weak, but because the Kings were that good. If they don't win this series, it'll be a fairly sizable upset in my mind.

Yeah I was going to say... "trainwreck" is a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, we were missing our top scorer, but that doesn't suddenly make us from a President's Trophy team to an extremely shitty team. The Kings clearly and cleanly beat us by simply playing A LOT better. Would've been closer with Daniel in, sure, but we probably would've lost anyway. Kings were too good. They definitely didn't have easy opponents. Beating St.Louis' defence wasn't the easiest thing in the world either.

Smiley90

JESUS CHRIST CBC WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/whilethemenwatch/video/live/#id=2220697653

JESUS.MOFUCKING.CHRIST.

EDIT: For the non-CBC-people here: It's... like... oh god. Okay, imagine Oprah, or... something worse, but instead of talking about relationship problems 2 women are watching the stream and talking about how the skaters are pumping their chests up and shit. I couldn't watch it for more than 5 seconds before going "wtf are you doing CBC" and had to go back, I think I'm still a bit traumatized.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

JESUS.MOFUCKING.CHRIST.

EDIT: For the non-CBC-people here: It's... like... oh god. Okay, imagine Oprah, or... something worse, but instead of talking about relationship problems 2 women are watching the stream and talking about how the skaters are pumping their chests up and shit. I couldn't watch it for more than 5 seconds before going "wtf are you doing CBC" and had to go back, I think I'm still a bit traumatized.

What in the fuck is this shit?

WTF?

ShaneB

JESUS.MOFUCKING.CHRIST.

I posted this before. Please volunteer and watch it all and let us know how it goes :)

Smiley90

I posted this before. Please volunteer and watch it all and let us know how it goes :)

I didn't see it before, but JESUS CHRIST WTF. What self-respecting person watches something like that?!? I couldn't do it for more than 5 seconds, it hurts SO.MUCH. And no, I'm not watching that, not even for money.

I feel bad for the camera-man though.

What in the fuck is this shit?

WTF?

My eyes and ears demand compensation for what they had to endure.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've done nothing these playoffs so I will try my best to commentate on this shitfest...if I don't survive...Cactus you become owner of the KESSSSELLL gif.

"Who do you think is a better lover the 40 year old (Brodeur) or the 20 year old (Doughty)?"

"Shouldn't they pick up that stick behind the net?"

Smiley90

I've done nothing these playoffs so I will try my best to commentate on this shitfest...if I don't survive...Cactus you become owner of the KESSSSELLL gif.

"Who do you think is a better lover the 40 year old (Brodeur) or the 20 year old (Doughty)?"

mj-laughing.gif

You're the hero GAF deserves. That's..... I... I... I'll give you 5 minutes before you have to stop.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
"What is the Stanley cup made of? Platinum? Plastic?"

"What do you call it when he misses?"
"you call it a miss"

Smiley90

This poor cameraman. :(

That's one of the things I noticed in the 5 seconds I watched. He had to explain something to them. Poor guy, all alone in the empty studio. I hope he gets payed SHITLOADS for having to endure that.

"What is the Stanley cup made of? Platinum? Plastic?"

just no. Dude. You don't have to do this. I know you're hurt, but don't do it. You're too young. People need you. Don't do it. There's always other ways! Life will get better!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Time to play "Would you rather"

"Would you take a hall pass for one night with your boyfriend of the game if it meant you had to abstain from sex from your own man for 3 months"

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm devastated I can't watch this CBC thing. The stream is blocked in the States.

Top Bottom