• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Erdrick

Yeah....thanks for that.

Heh, sorry man. I honestly was shocked when anyone wanted to take him. If they really watched his play, at least what I saw all year up to that point, with us was littered with errors and mistakes. I used to get so on edge whenever he would have the puck in our zone, and many times, he would cough it up.

I forget what round draft pick we got from you guys, but it's better than having his super-expensive contract on our hands. Whoever greenlit this new deal for him and the Hawks must obviously think otherwise than myself.

Epic mustache though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Heh, sorry man. I honestly was shocked when anyone wanted to take him. If they really watched his play, at least what I saw all year up to that point, with us was littered with errors and mistakes. I used to get so on edge whenever he would have the puck in our zone, and many times, he would cough it up.
That's pretty much all he did in the playoffs.

I forget what round draft pick we got from you guys, but it's better than having his super-expensive contract on our hands. Whoever greenlit this new deal for him and the Hawks must obviously think otherwise than myself.
2nd and a 3rd in the 2013 draft.

It was Stan Bowman. He is an idiot.

Epic mustache though.
His one redeeming feature.

Cake Boss

Banned
FUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKK

MOTHER LFUCkers

A team just lagged/glitched my club team out of the final game of the playoffs. We were winning 3-0 going to the third. The game didnt count.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This:
Z59aR.png

Is all that really needs to be said.

MacAttack

i have some amazing flank steak marinating which i will be cooking after the first intermission. i can't fucking wait.

GO KINGS GO
Congrats and enjoy your Cup run. This level of excitement reminds me of last season.

Putting nostalgia aside, let's go Devs!

Prediction: Devils in 5.

I'll be watching the Celtics tonight.

jacket320

Congrats and enjoy your Cup run. This level of excitement reminds me of last season.

Putting nostalgia aside, let's go Devs!

Prediction: Devils in 5.

I'll be watching the Celtics tonight.

I had actually closed the browser tab and needed a double-take 10 seconds later to make sure this was what I read. I don't understand picks like this at all, even if it's hometown bias. What exactly have you seen from LA this postseason that makes you think they'll only be able to eek out a single, meaningless game against the mighty Devils?

I had actually closed the browser tab and needed a double-take 10 seconds later to make sure this was what I read. I don't understand picks like this at all, even if it's hometown bias. What exactly have you seen from LA this postseason that makes you think they'll only be able to eek out a single, meaningless game against the mighty Devils?

Maybe they expect Richards and Carter to take Quick out for a huge coke bing.

ShaneB

Agreed, very odd prediction. But I guess maybe it's one of those longshot predictions where he'll seem brilliant if he's right.

I'm hoping for a Kings win in 6 or 7. Of course, when I hope for things in a cup final the opposite has often happened, which means the Devils will win.

MacAttack

Im not a Devils fan as much as a Kings hater, so part of my pick is that.

The Kings have had an easier road to the Finals and haven't been tested as much. Vancouver was clearly not themselves minus Daniel, St Louis was an offensively challenged team and Phoenix probably shouldn't have made it as far as they did.

The Devils have played Philly and NYR, two teams that are better than anyone the Kings have played and they handled them both with relative ease.

I would have picked them in six if game six was in NJ, but Im gonna say they win games 1 + 2 at home, steal a game in LA and wrap it up on home ice.

The Kings have had an easier road to the Finals and haven't been tested as much. Vancouver was clearly not themselves minus Daniel, St Louis was an offensively challenged team and Phoenix probably shouldn't have made it as far as they did.

The Devils have played Philly and NYR, two teams that are better than anyone the Kings have played and they handled them both with relative ease.

I would have picked them in six if game six was in NJ, but Im gonna say they win games 1 + 2 at home, steal a game in LA and wrap it up on home ice.

I wouldnt say the Devils handled the Rangers with ease. The last 2 games were really close and the Rangers were just worn down due to playing so many games, and stupid Torts playing the top 2 d-pairings so much in the playoffs.

hubes

the devils playing the flyers in the 2nd round was easier than any of the kings matchups.. flyers were really banged up and were way too confident after scoring at will vs the penguins. if the flyers/devils played in round 1 the flyers woulda won in 5..

the only real easy matchup the kings had was vs st louis and that's because of halak and elliot being injured. people saying phoenix isn't a good team are just saying that because they're in the desert.. and while the canucks aren't the same team without daniel they still finished the season 8-1 with him out of the lineup.

MacAttack

I wouldnt say the Devils handled the Rangers with ease. The last 2 games were really close and the Rangers were just worn down due to playing so many games, and stupid Torts playing the top 2 d-pairings so much in the playoffs.
That's true, but they were able to put away the Rangers in an elimination game 6. I was thinking it would go to game 7 but they exceeded my expectations going into the game/series.

Cagey

Banned
Not a whole ton of confidence that the Devils win this series, but then again, we're playing with house money after knocking out the Flyers and then burying the memories of Matteau in the ECF, so I'm here to enjoy the ride.

MacAttack

the devils playing the flyers in the 2nd round was easier than any of the kings matchups.. flyers were really banged up and were way too confident after scoring at will vs the penguins. if the flyers/devils played in round 1 the flyers woulda won in 5..

the only real easy matchup the kings had was vs st louis and that's because of halak and elliot being injured. people saying phoenix isn't a good team are just saying that because they're in the desert.. and while the canucks aren't the same team without daniel they still finished the season 8-1 with him out of the lineup.

The Flyers were too confident? Weak excuse and wasn't Kovalchuk injured vs Philly? Everybody deals with injuries in the playoffs, the losing team uses it as an excuse.

Phoenix barely made the playoffs and were able to ride Mike Smith for a couple of rounds. They were never a legitimate Cup contender. Not close to the caliber team that LA is.

ShaneB

Not a whole ton of confidence that the Devils win this series, but then again, we're playing with house money after knocking out the Flyers and then burying the memories of Matteau in the ECF, so I'm here to enjoy the ride.

I don't get the sting of this. As Brodeur said, you've won 3 cups since then!! :p

ZeroGravity

I'd say the Devils have had the far easier road of it. Florida, the weakest team in the playoffs, an injured and emotionally-drained Philly team, and a Rangers team that couldn't score and was exhausted from two previous seven-game series where they played the shit out of their defense.

The Kings not only beat the top two teams during the regular season, they demolished them. And I think they're poised to do the same to the Devils.

ShaneB

Yeah, my issue isn't so much with the game being Saturday night, it's just the break between a game tonight and Saturday.

I want hockey every other night :(

MacAttack

Yeah, my issue isn't so much with the game being Saturday night, it's just the break between a game tonight and Saturday.

I want hockey every other night :(

There is only 4 to 7 games in the entire season before there won't be another game for 4 months. :(

Solo

It would be nice if they started the regular season a little earlier and tried to get the finals over by the end of May.

Thats what I said a few days ago. Hockey in summer blows. Move everything back a month. Season starts early September and ends early in May. Problem solved.

Cake Boss

Banned
Neogaf crashing, clearly the servers can't handle the excitement of NHL gaf and the enthusiasm about these NHL finals getting to start tonight.

I have been watching some ESPN today and they are trying to talk about NHL, Why are they doing this to me? My head hurts.

And when I thought it couldn't get worse they added soccer. Goddamn, keep with your own made up sports that you understand:p

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Are they really adding that stupid hybrid icing rule to the AHL next year? I read the GMs want it in the NHL but want to test it first in the AHL.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Making the NHL a non-checking league would lessen injuries too. It's all about balance.

But yeah.... I agree on the icing rule. Not that big of a change.

What good does the ringette line bring? My complaint is mainly revolved around that and not the icing. I didn't separate the two in my earlier post.

I'd say the Devils have had the far easier road of it. Florida, the weakest team in the playoffs.
Florida was not the weakest team in the playoffs, by a far margin. Florida took the series to 7 and the Devils were the ones facing elimination. Also the Panthers had the highest goals per game v the Devils, posted a shutout, and routed Brodeur. In fact the East in general has been the stronger conference these playoffs.

Top Bottom