• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Hilti92

I don't have him. I do have Dany Heatley if you want him though.

SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE HIM

I'm a Heatley fan. I wouldnt mind getting him but im looking for a goalie as well. Maybe if we can get a package deal going..
Regardless look at my team and let me kbow what youd like for him.

Hilti92

Look at my doodz over and see what you can find. I'll check out your roster when I go to sim in a couple hours. Not trading Schneider though so I don't have much for goalies.

BIDDING WAR!
Sent you an offer. Feel free to counter. Help you get rid of that contract ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Sent you an offer. Feel free to counter. Help you get rid of that contract ;)
Alright. I'll check it out later. It's not even the contract I don't like. I still have almost $15M in cap space even with Heatley. I just hate him as a player is all. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Checked out your offer mibupe. I like what you offered but it leaves a pretty big hole in my roster. Gonna pass.

Simming now.

Tabris

Sorry guys. I was expecting some best buy gift cards in the mail from a reward before the weekend but they arrived today, and I was waiting to buy the game from that. Buying the game tomorrow after work and will join.

Did anyone trade with the NPC for my team. If not, that's great.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry guys. I was expecting some best buy gift cards in the mail from a reward before the weekend but they arrived today, and I was waiting to buy the game from that. Buying the game tomorrow after work and will join.

Did anyone trade with the NPC for my team. If not, that's great.
No trades were done with your team. I do have Daniel Sedin if you're interested though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know I am! How did players like Yakupov work for my team, was he just a part of the randomized pool or is he in my system?

Every team got to keep their just-drafted prospect pool, but all AHL/NHL players were randomized. So yes, you'll still have Yakupov, but probably not Nudge/Eberle/Hall/etc.

Smiley90

Screw that, Crosby should have netted at least one against him, but no, the sim believes Bernier is an all powerful super goalie for some reason. :/

No, that is Soc's team, Tabris is Edmonton.

RIGHT. damnit. I just connected Tabris with Vancouver, damnit.

Sorry Tabris, your record is:

5-2-0

and your top scorers are Bobby Ryan with 6 and Hornqvist with 5 points.

Wait... more got simmed? Is this an every night thing now? Must've missed the memo.

yeah, I think Marvie is doing 3 days per day for the initial few days, but starting soon (?), it'll be 2 weeks per day.

Smiley90

If someone wants to trade prospects, let me know. I have Moore, a 21year old 4-star prospect and am looking for sth similar but a forward prospect. (preferably LW or C)

I also have Murray, but for me to part with him you'd have to make quite the prospect-offer.

Are trade proposals erased after the schedule is simmed forward?

This might be why you aren't seeing the trade I keep sending you, I re-sent it for the third time here, so try to check it out before he sims. If it doesn't, then I have no idea what is going on, the trade is to the correct team in the correct league and I get the confirmation notice everytime, so everything is good on my end.

Also whoever is LA, your trade proposal was decent but it leaves a gap on my first line and Lupul is putting up pretty good points at the moment.

And one last thing, Marvie, I made an offer for Heatley, trade value is pretty even but I'm interested to see what you think, maybe we can work something out over PM's if you think the current offer might be close or something.

Cake Boss

Banned
Win a game, top 4 Dman gets injured for 22 games.
Fantastic.

Do you guys know if starting a goalie in many consecutive starts will affect his performance over time, and will the game tell you if he needs a break or not?

Win a game, top 4 Dman gets injured for 22 games.
Fantastic.

Do you guys know if starting a goalie in many consecutive starts will affect his performance over time, and will the game tell you if he needs a break or not?

In my other league, my friend sat Howard for a few games because he was sucking, and when he put him back in net after a 2 game break he said he was playing better. But that just might be a coincidence.

Marvie_3

Banned
This might be why you aren't seeing the trade I keep sending you, I re-sent it for the third time here, so try to check it out before he sims. If it doesn't, then I have no idea what is going on, the trade is to the correct team in the correct league and I get the confirmation notice everytime, so everything is good on my end.

Also whoever is LA, your trade proposal was decent but it leaves a gap on my first line and Lupul is putting up pretty good points at the moment.

And one last thing, Marvie, I made an offer for Heatley, trade value is pretty even but I'm interested to see what you think, maybe we can work something out over PM's if you think the current offer might be close or something.

I like the offer. Didn't accept it yet and forgot to post it so everyone can check it out.

I like the offer. Didn't accept it yet and forgot to post it so everyone can check it out.

Cool, I thought it was pretty fair, in the end it gives both of us an evening up in cap (I had no idea Heatley's cap was almost 8 million), it gives you a good second line winger and decent center, I get Heatley for my first line so he can be paired with Crosby and a pretty decent prospect (I can't remember who at the moment). The 6th I threw in to even the trade value slightly. The only thing is that it leaves me with no second line center, but I think I can fill that void here with a FA or maybe even Schenn can fill that void.

So I think the trade is:

To Detroit:

Heatley
B+ prospect (I think)

To Minny

Lupul
Stajan
6th round pick

Socreges

Banned
TRADING BLOCK:

Lundqvist G (91)*
Byfuglien D (87)*
Ericsson D (77)
Brouwer RW (78)
Butler RW (75) - 3.5 star yellow
Arnott C (78)
Kadri C (77) - 4 star yellow

SURPLUS - Centers, 3 star yellow

NEEDS/WANTS:

LW 18-25 (75+, 4 star yellow)
LW/RW 18-23 Prospect (4.5 star yellow)
RW 18-23 Prospect (4 star yellow)
D 18-23 Prospect (4 star yellow)
C 18-23 Prospect (4 star yellow)

* Obviously looking for very strong offers

I made a good proposal!! :D
Didn't think you were capable of treating the other trading party with respect! Good for you!

Smiley90

Is there a website for this GM Connected stuff? Don't wanna have to go into the damn game everytime.

Nope, there isn't, the closest thing to it is the mobile app, but all you can do with that is look at rosters, sign free agents and submit (but not accept, oddly) trade offers (also no draft picks)

Sent off a modified proposal Soc, I was unsure of how high of a throw in prospect you were looking for in this deal. Modified the draft pick as well since the trade value was somewhat lopsided. If you don't like it still I'm open to a counter proposal if you want to set one up this time around.

MacAttack

Is there any way to release/remove a player from my roster during the season?

I have unsigned rookies I can't sign because my roster is full and I'm afraid if I don't sign them they will not progress or become free agents before I get a chance to sign them.

Smiley90

Is there any way to release/remove a player from my roster during the season?

I have unsigned rookies I can't sign because my roster is full and I'm afraid if I don't sign them they will not progress or become free agents before I get a chance to sign them.

On the downside: no, you can only buy out players during offseason.

On the upside: it's probably even BETTER nt to sign rookies right away, especially if they're not that good. They will get more experience playing in the juniors (where they're automatically assigned to if not signed) than as a borderline/4th line AHL'er. They will remain your "property" for at least 3 years, so you have plenty of time to sign them to an ELC.

In my Be a GM mode careers I only sign Rookies if they're at least around 65 or higher, to guarantee they'll get at least some AHL playtime, otherwise they're wasting precious development years on the bench and THAT will make them not progress.

Socreges

Banned
On the downside: no, you can only buy out players during offseason.

On the upside: it's probably even BETTER nt to sign rookies right away, especially if they're not that good. They will get more experience playing in the juniors (where they're automatically assigned to if not signed) than as a borderline/4th line AHL'er. They will remain your "property" for at least 3 years, so you have plenty of time to sign them to an ELC.

In my Be a GM mode careers I only sign Rookies if they're at least around 65 or higher, to guarantee they'll get at least some AHL playtime, otherwise they're wasting precious development years on the bench and THAT will make them not progress.
Is there a guide somewhere that explains how what affects development in this game? I could use real-world lessons, but I'd rather know what's actually helpful/detrimental (and what EA hasn't taken into account).

Top Bottom