• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Really wish that app would have been for Android as well, screw Apple.

Also, I bet Marvie can't wait for the horrendous amount of time it is going to take to sim all of these games tonight, better have a movie ready.

Edit: Cool, EA servers are unavailable right now. :/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
One of my prospects will come back from a concussion that sidelined him for 10 games this period... I hope that won't ruin him :x

Oh shit, Henrique is injured for 24 games.......who the hell is my first line centre now.....

Oh hey, I'm leading the East with an 11-4-1 record.....

Smiley90

Simming now.

I've got 7 games this time. Should end up with about 34 injuries.

only 2 injuries in 6 games! not bad!

Also moved up from 28th to 24, MY STOP WINNIN' FOR MACKINNON IS FAILING.

so many teams with 12 points at the end :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pavelski, Doan, and Fisher all injured? LOL fuck you EA.

Oh shit, Henrique is injured for 24 games.......who the hell is my first line centre now.....

You're doing a bad job of tanking my Habs. Stars are first in the west, but probably not for long with these injuries.

Hmmm, O'reilly is my first line centre for now, with Colborne on the 2nd line....

I might need to trade for a centre if I get anymore injuries

And that Tim Thomas trade is working beautifully so far

Socreges

Banned
Marvie, any idea why Arab and I had a duplicate game (Vancouver vs Detroit) where he got a win and I got a loss, but no result showed up in the box score? Dunno if the commish has access to more info

Also

Got Gustavsson off waivers.

Did you hear it?

That's the silent awe when shit gets real.

looking for a decent RW for my team, anyone interested in making a deal?
Yes.

Smiley90

Marvie, any idea why Arab and I had a duplicate game (Vancouver vs Detroit) where he got a win and I got a loss, but no result showed up in the box score? Dunno if the commish has access to more info

Also

Got Gustavsson off waivers.

Did you hear it?

That's the silent awe when shit gets real.

yesjacknicholson.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
No idea. I don't get any more info than you guys get other than seeing all the trade proposals in my inbox.

Red_Man

Hey Rev, I'm looking at the trade block and see you have Ovi up there, I'm kind of interested and seeing if he can really solidify my team at the top. Any idea what you would be looking for? I've got plenty of depth at every position.

Socreges

Banned
I wanted Gustavsson :(
Dunno if anyone else noticed but Washington (wsoxfan) picked him up and immediately dropped him back. Made me laugh, just because it's Gustavsson. Good to know that if I choose to drop him as well there'll be someone to pick up the scraps.

Smiley90

Dunno if anyone else noticed but Washington (wsoxfan) picked him up and immediately dropped him back. Made me laugh, just because it's Gustavsson. Good to know that if I choose to drop him as well there'll be someone to pick up the scraps.

That's odd, don't picked-up people usually go straight to the minors? At least for Be a GM you can choose to put them straight to the minors (and because you picked them up you don't have to send them through minor yourself to do that). Maybe he picked him up and then "best lines" called him up from minors :/

Socreges

Banned
That's odd, don't picked-up people usually go straight to the minors? At least for Be a GM you can choose to put them straight to the minors (and because you picked them up you don't have to send them through minor yourself to do that). Maybe he picked him up and then "best lines" called him up from minors :/
No, I mean it looked like wsoxfan acquired Gustavsson and immediately put him on waivers deliberately.

Socreges

Banned
only 2 injuries in 6 games! not bad!

Also moved up from 28th to 24, MY STOP WINNIN' FOR MACKINNON IS FAILING.

so many teams with 12 points at the end :lol
Do you actually want to lose? As you said, losing is bad for development. I'd rather miss out on an excellent draft pick than nerf all my developing roster players.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think if you're at the 50 contract limit, any player you pick up on waivers goes right back on them.

Revenant

Hey Rev, I'm looking at the trade block and see you have Ovi up there, I'm kind of interested and seeing if he can really solidify my team at the top. Any idea what you would be looking for? I've got plenty of depth at every position.

I'd have to look, to be honest I figured my team would be doing worse then it is, I kind of want to see another sim period or two see where my team is at before I think about trading a guy who's tearing it up for my team.

Red_Man

I'd have to look, to be honest I figured my team would be doing worse then it is, I kind of want to see another sim period or two see where my team is at before I think about trading a guy who's tearing it up for my team.
Understandable, trade could wait until the deadline too. Just letting you know I have interest.

Red_Man

I don't have much experience with be a GM mode prior to this game, I'd like an actual source on that just to be 100% sure.

Nice, went 5-1 on that last sim, Heatley is tearing it up now with Crosby as his center. I have to say I'm quite happy with that trade Marvie. I also only had to minor injuries during that sim as well, so overall that was a pretty good section of the season, now hopefully my team can keep this up for this next section.

Edit: I would still like to get a 2nd line winger if possible though, but overall I think after that I'm pretty much done with trades (Well I could still use some decent depth guys for my bottom 6, but I'm not too worried about that just yet).

Smiley90

Do you actually want to lose? As you said, losing is bad for development. I'd rather miss out on an excellent draft pick than nerf all my developing roster players.

Not on purpose, but my team started off so young/not-title-competitive that I figured I'd need at least a year or two to get there, I'm in montreal last year mode.

Yes, I WILL lose out on some development, but I'm hoping I can offput that with a good prospect drafted. And hope I don't suck TOO much so my prospects still develop somewhat good. :/ it's a gamble I'm taking, I know :D I'm HOPING I'm not nerfing them too much while getting a good prospect in return. If I end up 20th and all my prospects stall out, I have only myself to blame :p At least my AHL/junior players should be mostly unaffected by the success of my NHL team, but i fear for the development of players like Anisomov/Hamonic/Karlsson/Gagliardi :x

And red, I'm pretty sure. Speaking from 50+ seasons of Be a GM, but of course I'm not an official source :D i've posted factors I'm pretty sure play a role in a previous post.

Red_Man

And red, I'm pretty sure. Speaking from 50+ seasons of Be a GM, but of course I'm not an official source :D i've posted factors I'm pretty sure play a role in a previous post.
I'm not questioning you so much as I'm questioning EA's awful game development. It would make sense that tanking hurts your prospect development, but I didn't think they were smart enough to think about that.

Smiley90

I'm not questioning you so much as I'm questioning EA's awful game development. It would make sense that tanking hurts your prospect development, but I didn't think they were smart enough to think about that.

I'm pretty sure it's in it. Players get less experience for a loss (or, more likely, negative stats, which especially rookies will probably have during a loss) than for a win, so they will lose out not only on the difference between win-exp and loss-exp, but they'll more importantly also miss out on the difference between playoff-exp (which is even higher than regular season exp, regardless of win/loss) vs no-playoffs.

Top Bottom