• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So we dont get any messages or alerts telling us if our trades and signings have been through?

You get messages in your transactions page telling you who you signed. As for trades, Marvie will probably tell if you if they DIDN'T get accepted? Otherwise they most likely were good and will go through next time and you'll also see them in the transaction tab. Home page of the GM Connected screen? just one page to the right I believe.

Marv - if my Carter trade got accepted by Milly by some off-chance, please approve it before the Hiller one I did. Didn't realize you hadn't looked at pending trades yet.

"Ray Emery of the Montreal Canadiens has been placed on waivers. Would you like to claim him?"

tumblr_m7mz0jMcHZ1qd0ph7.gif

But whatever, be a Nazi.

Marvie Stern.

Smiley90

How did I not get any of the waiver players? Stupid EA :( I guess they went to the team CURRENTLY last in the league?

Whaaaa, it placed him on waivers before I could make a roster move?

I'm running a private GM league and it did the same thing for my friend, for some reason you have to watch who you are picking up because the game will automatically place players on waivers for some reason which is stupid. I put in a claim not knowing (I need a better backup), if I get him, I can give him back to you then if you still want him for free or like a low draft pick.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm running a private GM league and it did the same thing for my friend, for some reason you have to watch who you are picking up because the game will automatically place players on waivers for some reason which is stupid. I put in a claim not knowing, if I get him, I can give him back to you then if you still want him for free or like a low draft pick.
I think it has something to do with the 50 contract limit.

Socreges

Banned
So is the only way to remove one of your ??/50 organization players (even one of the four useless goalies I've got) to trade them? Or wait for their contract to expire?

I wasn't prepared for this at all. I just discovered that I have six goalies total.

Smiley90

So is the only way to remove one of your ??/50 players (even one of the four useless goalies I've got) to trade them? Or wait for their contract to expire?

I wasn't prepared for this at all.

You can also buy out contracts... Uh... What did you think happened in real life? :p

Marvie_3

Banned
Is there any easy way to know how many players you have under contract?
Go into your contracts screen and I think you can scroll in there to see how many you have.
So is the only way to remove one of your ??/50 organization players (even one of the four useless goalies I've got) to trade them? Or wait for their contract to expire?

I wasn't prepared for this at all. I just discovered that I have six goalies total.
Yeah, I didn't know it would load everybody up with 50 contracts to start.

Smiley90

Go into your contracts screen and I think you can scroll in there to see how many you have.

Yeah, I didn't know it would load everybody up with 50 contracts to start.

It didn't though? Not everyone started with 50...

Socreges

Banned
You can also buy out contracts... Uh... What did you think happened in real life? :p
Hey Smiley. Why are you constantly misunderstanding me and replying in a snarky way? It's exhausting.

I know they buy out in real life. But I haven't seen that option and wasn't aware it was in the game. I'll try and find it.

Milly79

Hey Smiley. Why are you constantly misunderstanding me and replying in a snarky way? It's exhausting.

I know they buy out in real life. But I haven't seen that option and wasn't aware it was in the game. I'll try and find it.

You could also ask why Smiley posts in every single NHL thread.

Smiley90

I thought you were prepared for something else :D sorry, didn't mean to be snarky, just sarcastic in a funny way, which... Clearly doesn't work well online.

And AFAIK you can only buy out contracts during the 7 day resigning stage, maybe during the offseason too but I'm not sure. It'll be in the contracts screen.

You could also ask why Smiley posts in every single NHL thread.

I stopped posting in yours, if that makes you happy?

Socreges

Banned
You can only buy out players in the offseason.
Right, OK. So it just wouldn't be showing up now even as a grayed out option. That's comforting.

But yeah, I had no idea I already had 50 contracts. Should have been more thorough. My VS league team is kinda boned now. At least until the offseason.

MacAttack

My leading scorer (Stahlberg) just went down for half the season. I'm lookIng for an All Star caliber forward (preferably under 26) and top notch prospect for Adam Larsson and Matt Read.

I'm thinking along the lines of Seguin and Ryan Murray, Smiley. Anybody else have something comparable to offer, let me know.

My leading scorer (Stahlberg) just went down for half the season. I'm lookIng for an All Star caliber forward (preferably under 26) and top notch prospect for Adam Larsson and Matt Read.

I'm thinking along the lines of Seguin and Ryan Murray, Smiley. Anybody else have something comparable to offer, let me know.

I've got Skinner available and I'm interested in Larsson, but you're going to have to move a 2nd line center my way too instead of Read.

What would you want for Larsson and Eller?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really wish the majority of my playtime for this wasn't waiting for fucking menus to come up.
It's actually impressive how long it takes to just browse a team's roster for trade proposals. It's as if someone was hired to make it longer then you could imagine, I don't understand how it's as sluggish as it is.

Milly79

Okay, so Marvie: Are CPU trades allowed? I offered a decent deal last time for C. Wilson on Buffalo and you rejected it. I can add more to sweeten it, but I also know you said something along the lines of: "Buffalo is getting a GM."

Marvie_3

Banned
Okay, so Marvie: Are CPU trades allowed? I offered a decent deal last time for C. Wilson on Buffalo and you rejected it. I can add more to sweeten it, but I also know you said something along the lines of: "Buffalo is getting a GM."

CCF23 said he was going to be Buffalo and I'd rather let him decide on any moves on his team. I've turned down trades with Edmonton and others for the same reason.

Milly79

CCF23 said he was going to be Buffalo and I'd rather let him decide on any moves on his team. I've turned down trades with Edmonton and others for the same reason.

I'll send him a PM and see if what he wants to do. If he's not getting the game soon, I guess you could put it through if he's okay with it?

Also, theRizzle: I've sent you 2 PMs (both of which are sitting in my sent box), an XBL message and a trade offer. Have heard nothing back...

Smiley90

I don't have him. I do have Dany Heatley if you want him though.

SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE HIM

I'll give you a bag of penis-shaped pucks. Don't ask me where I got them from. (seriously, what do you want for him? 4 new cars?)

Top Bottom