• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

I don't see how my team is doing as well as it is. I don't feel like I have many good players. Guess Byrzgalov is one with his inner universe, getting me a lot of wins.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Question: it's not a big deal this season since most teams are full anyway, but next season when we have less contracts per team (hopefully we all can let go of some sucky players), Waiver claims are probably gonna happen more often... and the Waiver system is broken atm, so it wouldn't be that uncommon for the AI to send players down through waivers against the owner's will. Should we implement some kind of "protection" here? If we want to we can probably come up with a good idea, if we don't care about it then we don't care. Just wanted to get some input.

Socreges

Banned
Question: it's not a big deal this season since most teams are full anyway, but next season when we have less contracts per team (hopefully we all can let go of some sucky players), Waiver claims are probably gonna happen more often... and the Waiver system is broken atm, so it wouldn't be that uncommon for the AI to send players down through waivers against the owner's will. Should we implement some kind of "protection" here? If we want to we can probably come up with a good idea, if we don't care about it then we don't care. Just wanted to get some input.
This has been happening?

Smiley90

This has been happening?

Yeah it's happened to quite a few people (not me). I'm pretty sure it can happen if e.g. your players come back from injury and your NHL roster is now full so the AI HAS to send a player down, and I think it chooses the lowest-rated player to be sent down, even if he has to go through waivers. Now I'm not sure how prevalent this is in GM Connected, but e.g. in Be a GM players like Skinner get sent down, which is just horribly bugged, because they're a) extremely good and b) have to clear waivers first.

EDIT: Again, I'm not sure this is happening often at all in GM Connected, but I just want to make sure we don't run into some fun-breaking experiences later.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah it's happened to quite a few people (not me). I'm pretty sure it can happen if e.g. your players come back from injury and your NHL roster is now full so the AI HAS to send a player down, and I think it chooses the lowest-rated player to be sent down, even if he has to go through waivers. Now I'm not sure how prevalent this is in GM Connected, but e.g. in Be a GM players like Skinner get sent down, which is just horribly bugged, because they're a) extremely good and b) have to clear waivers first.

EDIT: Again, I'm not sure this is happening often at all in GM Connected, but I just want to make sure we don't run into some fun-breaking experiences later.
But it's happened in GM Connected? I haven't seen anyone bring it up.

I've brought up additional players while others have been injured and I'm pretty sure no one is being sent through waivers when the CPU brings me down to the roster limit.

Smiley90

But it's happened in GM Connected? I haven't seen anyone bring it up.

I've brought up additional players while others have been injured and I'm pretty sure no one is being sent through waivers when the CPU brings me down to the roster limit.

Mhmmm. Not sure if it's happened in GM Connected, but I THOUGHT it had happened before (with Gustavsson, no? Or was that on purpose?) If it doesn't happen and it's just a fault of the AI in Be a GM then I'm happy. (saw Silfverberg on waivers yesterday too and was curious as to why someone would send him down... but my team is full -sigh-)

Socreges

Banned
Mhmmm. Not sure if it's happened in GM Connected, but I THOUGHT it had happened before (with Gustavsson, no? Or was that on purpose?) If it doesn't happen and it's just a fault of the AI in Be a GM then I'm happy. (saw Silfverberg on waivers yesterday too and was curious as to why someone would send him down... but my team is full -sigh-)
"Mhmmm" = yes, by the way.

So it hasn't happened.

Gustavsson got waived 'accidentally' because someone claimed him when they were already at 50/50 so the CPU automatically waived him.

AFAIK, we don't have a problem.

Smiley90

"Mhmmm" = yes, by the way.

So it hasn't happened.

Gustavsson got waived 'accidentally' because someone claimed him when they were already at 50/50 so the CPU automatically waived him.

AFAIK, we don't have a problem.

Fair enough! I just noticed it in Be a GM and was wondering if it'd be an issue in GM Connected, but if it hasn't come up yet then let's not worry about it.

I wonder when "Draft Priorities" comes up... also, trade deadline soon fuuu. Didn't notice we were already in january!

Delryk

**Renters** trade value for the following players. Make offer ingame and not in PMs.

LW Raffi Torres, ovr 75
RW Michael Ryder, ovr 80
C Mike Ribeiro, ovr 82
D Grant Clitsome, ovr 78
C Erik Christensen, ovr 77

You can offer on my big players but they wont come with a discount.

;)

This has been happening?
That's how Gustavsson was set loose from my team, not that I mind, I was going to waive him anyways, but the fact that it does it is pretty shitty.

I also had the AI call up a 3.5 center prospect whom I wanted to develop on the farm. Now he's force to stick with the team playing 4th line minutes because he's not waiver exempt.

Can you explain how? Doesn't seem to make sense
I think what happened was, I had 3 goalies up on my roster with Bernier, Theodore and Gustavsson, I had a few injuries, players were called up to fill the gaps, and when the injured players returned, my roster was over the limit and Gustavsson was sent down because the AI thought sending down my 3rd goalie was better than sending down a waiver-exempt forward/dman.

Socreges

Banned
I think what happened was, I had 3 goalies up on my roster with Bernier, Theodore and Gustavsson, I had a few injuries, players were called up to fill the gaps, and when the injured players returned, my roster was over the limit and Gustavsson was sent down because the AI thought sending down my 3rd goalie was better than sending down a waiver-exempt forward/dman.
Ah. I wonder if that's happened to anyone else (in our GM Connected league).

Did the game give you those three goalies from the beginning or did you trade for one?

I thought you could only have 2 goalies up at once which would explain why Gustavsson was sent down when you had 2 others up as well.

MacAttack

**Renters** trade value for the following players. Make offer ingame and not in PMs.

LW Raffi Torres, ovr 75
RW Michael Ryder, ovr 80
C Mike Ribeiro, ovr 82
D Grant Clitsome, ovr 78
C Erik Christensen, ovr 77

You can offer on my big players but they wont come with a discount.

;)
Delryk- I approved your trade. Time to give Selanne an appropriate retirement gift. Another Stanley Cup ring. He might even enjoy the classy culture of my organization and decide to try and repeat next season.

Delryk- I approved your trade. Time to give Selanne an appropriate retirement gift. Another Stanley Cup ring. He might even enjoy the classy culture of my organization and decide to try and repeat next season.
You know who would be an excellent addition to your cup run? Top 6 defensive defenseman Mike Komisarek. He tops three different categories amongst my defense corps!

Socreges

Banned
Spectre, I thought we were still going to work something out?

iGV7zUMwHkTJA.png

MacAttack

Even without injuries my edited lines are constantly getting fucked with. Has anybody else experienced this?

I don't want Dennis Wideman in my top 5 shoot out players.

1373973_o.gif

This guy should never be allowed in a shootout situation again after that move.

MacAttack

I can't tell. I've never had a sim where no one gets injured.

Good lord. Your forward depth must be terrible if the AI is resorting to Wideman in your top 5 shooters.

I would rather have Perron, Zajac, Grabner, Eller, Matt Read or Kadri in there over Wideman but they are slotting him in because of overall grade.

Wooo!!! First in the league, beat both Dallas and Montreal on this last sim! :D

Trade Block Update: So, I have an abundance of young defencemen, and also an abundance of offensive and two way defencemen. With that said, I am putting Slava Voynov up on the block, here are his stats:

S. Voynov, Age: 23, 4 star gold potential, 78 overall.

He will most likely end up as around a mid 80's ranking so he will be pretty good down the line most likely. I'm looking for a veteran top 6 sniper or an equal defensive defencemen (veteran or youngish). I'm open for all offers with him, if I do trade him for a forward though, I will be looking to plug the hole in my D with a veteran DFD man, so Soc, we might be able to do that trade then finally.

Trade deadline is coming up, let's see those offers!

Cake Boss

Banned
WTF IS THIS SHIT SILFVERBERG WAS ON WAIVERS??? WTF EAAAA WTF

The AI put Silfverberg on fucking waivers during the last Sim, and Tampa claimed him, what the fuck is this shit I had him scratched during the last Sim and was switching him between Ben Eager on the 4th line. I never agreed to put him on waivers or send him back to the AHL.

Can I get him back or what?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I saw Silfverberg on waivers and couldn't believe it....I tried to nab him, but not surprising I didn't get him.

Smiley90

WTF IS THIS SHIT SILFVERBERG WAS ON WAIVERS??? WTF EAAAA WTF

The AI put Silfverberg on fucking waivers during the last Sim, and Tampa claimed him, what the fuck is this shit I had him scratched during the last Sim and was switching him between Ben Eager on the 4th line. I never agreed to put him on waivers or send him back to the AHL.

Can I get him back or what?

It's funny because that's EXACTLY what I was talking about before and Soc didn't believe me there was a problem. So I'll ask again and hopefully this time people will believe me there's a problem:

Should we implement some kind of safety net for waivers since constantly players we never wanted to put trough them get sent down? It's a major buzzkill if one of your prospects you wanted to keep gets sent down and you lose them like that.

Smiley90

I somehow (no idea how, really.) have a free roster spot again (maybe players on half-season injuries give you a free spot back?) so I'll be watching waivers more carefully. If I see a 3star+ prospect I'll let people know.

Please let me know if you see someone from Columbus on waivers too :/

Socreges

Banned
S. Voynov, Age: 23, 4 star gold potential, 78 overall.

He will most likely end up as around a mid 80's ranking so he will be pretty good down the line most likely.
Isn't there an equally good chance that he'll stall at 82 or something?

CrazedArabMan said:
I'm looking for a veteran top 6 sniper or an equal defensive defencemen (veteran or youngish). I'm open for all offers with him, if I do trade him for a forward though, I will be looking to plug the hole in my D with a veteran DFD man, so Soc, we might be able to do that trade then finally.

Trade deadline is coming up, let's see those offers!
Eh, I'd just want a 77+ forward back in return (since my team has gotten better) or a good DFD prospect (which you wouldn't be willing to trade?) so I don't think it'd work.

It's funny because that's EXACTLY what I was talking about before and Soc didn't believe me there was a problem. So I'll ask again and hopefully this time people will believe me there's a problem:
Only because you couldn't give any examples of it happening in GM Connected. Just thought we should have the problem before we go to great lengths to solve it.

I'd be inclined to believe that Cake Boss was just drunk and didn't realize that Silfverberg would be waived.... but alright.

What would this safety net even be?

Socreges

Banned
If I don't get my silversurfer back, je suis finis avec ca la
Isn't he kinda average in this game? I think I saw 62 OVR and 3.5 star potential. At 22 years old I don't think he'll amount to much.

But yeah I can understand you wanting him back. I accidentally waived a 3.5 star prospect (that was far along in development), but the CPU claimed him so there was no fixing it (unless someone applies for the team and then waives him again... and then everyone else agrees not to claim him... too much trouble).

Marvie_3

Banned
I didn't realize it was going to fuck people with waivers like this. I think I'll start posting the players on waivers after a sim is done. That way people can hopefully get someone back that they didn't want to lose.

Isn't there an equally good chance that he'll stall at 82 or something?

Of course there is that chance, but knowing EA and how prospects usually pan out in their games going by potential and his age, I would say possibly an 84/85 for his ranking (unless they completely have re-worked it, but knowing EA they didn't). I mean he is 77 OV at 23, usually the players seem to keep growing until 26/27 and possibly jump up 2 rankings or higher a year until then.

Smiley90

I didn't realize it was going to fuck people with waivers like this. I think I'll start posting the players on waivers after a sim is done. That way people can hopefully get someone back that they didn't want to lose.

This sounds like a great idea. Post all players that went on waivers here, then give them 24h to say it was a mistake, and if they got claimed AND you posted here they'll get them back, if they got claimed and you didn't post here you won't get them back. Trade them for a 7th or so, to promote goodwill. ?

Also, I'd say on average, 5star = 92-95, 4.5 = 88-92, 4= 83-88, 3.5 = 78-83 etc.

Although it can always be higher/lower than that, depending on player/development.

Socreges

Banned
Marvie, what if Phoenix (CPU) claims them?

Of course there is that chance, but knowing EA and how prospects usually pan out in their games going by potential and his age, I would say possibly an 84/85 for his ranking (unless they completely have re-worked it, but knowing EA they didn't). I mean he is 77 OV at 23, usually the players seem to keep growing until 26/27 and possibly jump up 2 rankings or higher a year until then.
Yes, possibly. Just responding to you saying "most likely around mid-80s". Some of my prospects would be more valuable than I thought if that were true.

This sounds like a great idea. Post all players that went on waivers here, then give them 24h to say it was a mistake, and if they got claimed AND you posted here they'll get them back, if they got claimed and you didn't post here you won't get them back. Trade them for a 7th or so, to promote goodwill. ?

Also, I'd say on average, 5star = 92-95, 4.5 = 88-92, 4= 83-88, 3.5 = 78-83 etc.

Although it can always be higher/lower than that, depending on player/development.

I'd say that is pretty close, of course there are exceptions but overall I'd say that is about average.

Marvie, what if Phoenix (CPU) claims them?

Yes, possibly. Just responding to you saying "most likely around mid-80s". Some of my prospects would be more valuable than I thought if that were true.

It also can depend on the player and how much playing time they get as well. So there are other factors, Voynov has been usually with my top 4 this year so I think his development is doing fine. The 4 star prospects don't bother me as much in terms of growing, the 3.5 star ones though I think are the average for most prospects (I have a boat load of them) and usually the most uncertain when it comes in terms to how they will develop.

Top Bottom