• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God damn, Detroit went 9-0-1 in the last 10.......I'll get you back for that Crazed...just need some guys to recover from injuries, and then have another 3 guys sidelined for 6 weeks.

so

3.5 star avg is that high? dang

Possibly, I think I saw a 3.5 star player today that was an 84 or so, I think that is more toward the high end for their potential.

God damn, Detroit went 9-0-1 in the last 10.......I'll get you back for that Crazed...just need some guys to recover from injuries, and then have another 3 guys sidelined for 6 weeks.

Making a man out of Crosby, he is no longer a little girl!

Also I have my 3rd best player out right now but the team is still going strong, that Heatley trade really has seemed to make a huge difference, and a few other smaller acquisitions (Gonchar, Gerbe, etc...).

But yeah, I hate injuries too, I'm just waiting for Crosby to get injured and the team tanks.

Socreges

Banned
4.5 = 1st line, 4 = 1st/2nd line, 3.5 = 2nd/3rd line, 3 = 3rd/4th line is what I'm aiming for for my team :p
Yeah, I've been operating under the assumption that the white stars (3.5 = 75-79) were the same as the yellow potential and that rarely would they eclipse that. Interesting to see that 3.5 star players could be that good on a regular basis. Good thing Kulikov has been a stud for me already (36 points, +8).

You could always allow someone to take over the Coyotes and re-waive the player?
That was my thought. Would need to be someone not involved in the league, though, since I'm pretty sure it's one team per Gamertag.

To Delryk since he said not to send him PM's just trade offers through be a GM. I got your proposal and sent you two messages about it via Xbox Live. I also sent a counter proposal as well if you want to look it over and get back with me before Marvie sims tonight (because the proposals are erased once he sims it).

I can't do this anymore. Without an app on my phone, the menus and the latency between EA servers and Australia just makes this unplayable.

Who would think that even a fucking ARMCHAIR GM SIM would still be unplayable in Australia because of EAs fucking servers.

Pisses me off, because I was seriously enjoying it too.

Red_Man

App doesn't help that much. Helps with standings and player stats, but you can barely do any managing on it. Think with all that money they could make a half decent app and online structure for the game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
App doesn't help that much. Helps with standings and player stats, but you can barely do any managing on it. Think with all that money they could make a half decent app and online structure for the game.

It's not that bad because it saves me the logging in every night to see how my team did. I don't edit my lines every day anyway, so I really only have to login every few days to change my scouting or so.

Marvie_3

Banned
These players were on waivers before I did the sim:

BOS - Jordan Nolan
BUF - Scott Gomez
NJD - Nathan Perkovich
NYI - piece of shit Raffi motherfucking Torres
STL - Cedrick Desjardins
VAN - Mathieu Aubin
VAN - Alexander Nikulin
WPG - Mike Komisarek

Smiley90

BUF - Scott Gomez

:lol

WPG - Mike Komisarek

:lolol

NYI - piece of shit Raffi motherfucking Torres

:lololol

So wait, these are NOW on waivers, or these were already beeing claimed last period? Would be better to post NEW to-be claimed players after each sim, right? so people can pre-actively say that there's an error and not just come back after the players have already been claimed and assigned to new teams.

Marvie_3

Banned
None of those guys were on waivers after I did the sim last night.

TRADE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY

Not gonna sim tomorrow night so people can get tra des done. Will resume simming Friday night.

Players on waivers after tonights sim:
BUF - Chris Porter
CHI - Marc-Andre Cliche
EDM - Manny Legace
NSH - Mike Brodeur
PHX - Matt Martin
TOR - Maxime Sauve

Red_Man

Damn, Dallas is going through a bit of a slump right now =/ game had Briere as a healthy scratch lmao.....

Marvie_3

Banned
Can someone post if any of my guys show up on waivers? Its not going to show me who gets put on them from my own team.

Also, looking for wingers. My 1st line is the only one with wings above 80 due to all my injuries. :/

Smiley90

So many injuries tonight. :lol

I got off with only one two-week injury. Unfortunately, it's another one of my D-men, so I now have 3 D-men out :/

Also, Hamonic is beasting it up. 53 GP, 70 PIM and 174 hits. not bad for a 22 year old. Leading my team in hits by 50 hits before the 2nd :lol

Red_Man

Regarding the deadline im looking to pick up an offensive D man, and possibly 1st line winger.

Marvie_3

Banned
I got off with only one two-week injury. Unfortunately, it's another one of my D-men, so I now have 3 D-men out :/

Also, Hamonic is beasting it up. 53 GP, 70 PIM and 174 hits. not bad for a 22 year old. Leading my team in hits by 50 hits before the 2nd :lol
I finally have my top 4 defensemen back. Most of my wings and a center or two are dead or dying though. It's dropped me down to 10th overall in the league now.

Smiley90

Regarding trade deadline:

Looking for:

4/4.5 star LW and picks.
3.5 star young checking forward.

Surplus:

4star/3star D-men (Kindl, Smid, Campoli, Moore)

Swance

Neo Member
I WANNA MAKE SOME TRADES GUYZ.

I'm looking to move Burrows, Pominville and probably a defender. I will also listen to offers on any player.

Chara and Voracek will be back after this upcoming sim. :)

EDIT: Ennis, Gagne, Voracek, Carter, Malkin, Martin, Teubert would be really tough to trade.

MacAttack

Even if I wanted to re-acquire Jordan Nolan, I cant fit him on my roster since the computer seems to have signed one of my unsigned rookies because I'm back at 50 contracts.

For the record I don't want him.

Still first overall, only one minor injury as well for this sim. Not as good of a record as the last sim but still good.

Also final trade block:

R. Jones, Age: 28, 3.5 white star potential, OV: 79
S. Voynov, Age: 23, 4 star gold potential, OV: 78
M. Bachman, Age: 20, 3.5 gold star potential, OV: 56

Surplus: Young 3.5 gold star potential forwards and defensemen.

Still looking for some wing depth, 2nd line winger, and a DFD man, had an offer earlier that was decent but I think Voynov is worth a little more as he has some great potential here as a top 3 D-man but the offer addressed needs I had, I just didn't think the value was quite there. But go ahead, I'm open to all offers, so just send them my way and I will look them over.

Also this is what it is looking like if we want to go a buyer/seller route:

Code:
West Buyers:         West Bubble:          West Sellers:                   

Red Wings            Avalanche             Ducks
Stars                Blue Jackets          Sharks
Canucks              Flames                Predators
Blackhawks           Oilers                Coyotes
Blues                   
Wild
Kings

East Buyers:         East Bubble:          East Sellers:                   

Canadians            Islanders             Panthers
Hurricanes           Flyers                Sabres
Devils               Rangers               Jets
Bruins               Maple Leafs
Lightning            Senators
                     Capitals
                     Penguins

Now don't take that to heart, I was just going by points and standings as close as I could get it so no offense to any team who might think they are higher up plus some data may be a little off because I rushed it.

Ponikarovsky is locker room cancer and terrible. 40 GP and 4 goals 8 assists playing on a line with Giroux and Eberle.

Looking for LW/RW, willing to let go of a center.

Smiley90

Still first overall, only one minor injury as well for this sim. Not as good of a record as the last sim but still good.

Also final trade block:

R. Jones, Age: 28, 3.5 white star potential, OV: 79
S. Voynov, Age: 23, 4 star gold potential, OV: 78
M. Bachman, Age: 20, 3.5 gold star potential, OV: 56

Surplus: Young 3.5 gold star potential forwards and defensemen.

Still looking for some wing depth, 2nd line winger, and a DFD man, had an offer earlier that was decent but I think Voynov is worth a little more as he has some great potential here as a top 3 D-man but the offer addressed needs I had, I just didn't think the value was quite there. But go ahead, I'm open to all offers, so just send them my way and I will look them over.

Also this is what it is looking like if we want to go a buyer/seller route:

Code:
West Buyers:         West Bubble:          West Sellers:                   

Red Wings            Avalanche             Ducks
Stars                Blue Jackets          Sharks
Canucks              Flames                Predators
Blackhawks           Oilers                Coyotes
Blues                   
Wild
Kings

East Buyers:         East Bubble:          East Sellers:                   

Canadians            Islanders             Panthers
Hurricanes           Flyers                Sabres
Devils               Rangers               Jets
Bruins               Maple Leafs
Lightning            Senators
                     Capitals
                     Penguins

Now don't take that to heart, I was just going by points and standings as close as I could get it so no offense to any team who might think they are higher up plus some data may be a little off because I rushed it.

I know I'm bubbling, I've been floating around that 8th/9th spot in the west for a few periods now, it's getting annoying :lol. Hopefully last period's trade will pay off soon, and next period I should get some D-men back... if nothing bad happens...

Red_Man

Faksa (4.5 star C prospect), Fisher, Bealieu (3.5 star D prospect), Bystrom (3.5 star D prospect, and picks all available from me.

MacAttack

3 points behind Montreal for the lead in the Northeast and I have two games vs the Habs this sim. Things are heating up.

Think I'm good with any trades at this point, just have to hope my team can stay healthy.

Players available at the deadline. But open to dealing other players given the right deal.

Left Wing

J. Jokinen 81ovr (4star white)
S. Thornton 74ovr (3star white)

Right Wing

K. Versteeg 83ovr (4star gold)
D. Setoguchi 82ovr (4star gold)
B. Yip 75ovr (3star white)

Center

R. Johansen 77ovr (4star gold)

Defense

S. Salo 82ovr (3.5star white)
K. Foster 77ovr (3.5white)
M. Weaver 75ovr (3star white)

Looking for good prospects, LW, RW, D and a good young third line checking center (Lapierre type player). PM me any offers.

Smiley90

For what it's worth, I also have Clarkson available for anyone who wants to add some physical presence to their second line. 28 years old, 81 GRN.

Smiley90

First test of new waiver system: failure.

How does a 7th rounder sound?

Well at least now we know beforehand and can say "I didn't want him to be on waivers" and arrange a give-back right away, instead of being like "oh... right.. i didn't want him claimed... no totally..." :D

Socreges

Banned
Well at least now we know beforehand and can say "I didn't want him to be on waivers" and arrange a give-back right away, instead of being like "oh... right.. i didn't want him claimed... no totally..." :D
That was always possible. :p But yeah now there's some structure.

So I had a poor sim. Still clinging to 3rd. A few more injuries, of course, and for some reason Oshie stayed scratched when he came back from injury.

Marvie_3

Banned
That was always possible. :p But yeah now there's some structure.

given the limited options EA put into this mode, we're never going to have a perfect system for everything. This first season is still somewhat of a trial run, as we've encountered a few problems that never came up when I ran my test season. I think if people made sure to maintain their roster instead of letting the CPU do it, it could cut down on the waiver problem. With all the injuries, its not going to work 100% of the time though. We just have to do what we can to make things work and make it as fair as possible for everybody.

Socreges

Banned
given the limited options EA put into this mode, we're never going to have a perfect system for everything. This first season is still somewhat of a trial run, as we've encountered a few problems that never came up when I ran my test season. I think if people made sure to maintain their roster instead of letting the CPU do it, it could cut down on the waiver problem. With all the injuries, its not going to work 100% of the time though. We just have to do what we can to make things work and make it as fair as possible for everybody.
Oh yeah. Not saying otherwise. I appreciate you taking care of shit. I appreciate you, Marvie.

I just want my boy back.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Okay. Here's Buffalo's trading block going into the deadline:

Players on the block:
  • Scott Gomez - Even a 7th round draft pick sounds a little steep. You can just have him if you want.
  • Alex Semin - LW, Overall: 83, Potential: 4 White, Age: 28, Contract: $7.000M, 1 YL
  • Tomas Fleischmann - LW, Overall: 83, Potential: 4 White, Age: 28, Contract: $4.500M, 3 YL
  • Radim Vrbata - RW, Overall 82, Potential: 4 White, Age: 31, Contract: $3.000M, 2 YL
  • Trevor Daley - D, Overall: 84, Potential: 4 White, Age: 29, Contract: $3.300M, 4 YL

I also (currently) have the 4th overall pick in this year's draft.

I'm willing to give up anyone except for these players (and, honestly, you could talk me into trading one of these guys. It's just probably for more than you're willing to give up):

Untouchables:
  • Alex Edler
  • Mike Richards
  • Logan Couture
  • Kyle Okposo

Wants:
  • Starting Goalie - Overall: 85+, Age < 32
  • Young Players with 4+ star potential.

So, yeah. Send me a PM, if you're interested in making a deal.

Top Bottom