• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
And what place are you in the league?

I don't see your point here, just because my team overall isn't good doesn't mean that Karlsson suddenly has less trade value...? He's pretty much guaranteed to be around 90 next season, while Galchenyuk MIGHT reach 90 in like 4 seasons.

I don't see your point here, just because my team overall isn't good doesn't mean that Karlsson suddenly has less trade value...? He's pretty much guaranteed to be around 90 next season, while Galchenyuk MIGHT reach 90 in like 4 seasons.

You need to get as young as possible! Karlsson is 22, he is over the hill!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ryan Whitney gone for 45 games, and Briere gone for 20 after missing 10 already :/

Big game coming up Johnsson, Habs V Stars next Sim...

Cake Boss

Banned
Sweet Jesus this game.

Gardiner day to day
Weiss day to day
Gionta 8 games
Gardiner now 4 games
Philips 4 games
Penner 11 games

Just when I thought we would have our first healthy lineup since the start of the season, another batch of players get injured.

Socreges

Banned
NHL 13 might make Galchenyuk a 90 Centre :p

SUCK IT SEF!!!

dZCUn.jpg

From the recent round of simmings

80Wings.jpg!!!
That's fucking amazing.

For those not in the know, Detroit is sef's most hated team since they're a división rival and have always been better. A few years ago Nashville destroyed Detroit 8-0 so sef would almost always post a picture of the jumbotron score when the teams were playing.

Red_Man

Thomas is haunting me even in virtual hockey. Should have just buried him in the minors. Hopefully Carolina can make a push :D.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Hey everybody. I just sent a request to join the league as the Sabres.

My GT is TheAvaholic.

Let's play (or simulate playing, rather) some hockey.

Smiley90

So CCF23 never showed up?

Rubber, you've got some work ahead of you.

Who's played around with scouting? Any tips?

EXPERIENCE POST INCOMING.

So, scouting is fun. In scouting, stars mean something very similar to the rest of the game, namely potential. Only instead of "likely to get there", it's acuracy. So red 4 stars is "his potential is very roughly there", while 4 white stars is "his potential is exactly there". If you draft a 4 star white player is stars WILL be 4 stars, BUT the colour of those stars can be anything from red to yellow to green.

So, for scouting star colour; accuracy of ceiling prediction
For post-draft star colour: likelihood of reaching ceiling.

Now to the actual scouting:

You have 1 "scout-team" to send, you can choose between goalie/forward/d-men and league. When you switch through the categories, it will show you how many players there are to scout in that category. (So, goalies in russia will have leas players than forwards in the OHL). That number will not change and is set at the beginning of each season.

So what does scouting actually do? It does two things:

A) it gives more accurate predictions of ceiling. Initially, a player might have 5 yellow stars, but as you scout the area he's in, his ceiling might change to 4.5 green stars or 4 yellow stars or 4 white stars. The longer you send the scout, the more accurate predictions get (generally)

B) it gives more accurate predictions on current stats. If you click on individual players in the scouting central, their page will pop up. Initially, all stats will be empty, and over time red, yellow, green and white numbers will pop up. Colours = accuracy. So after 1 week scouting, a guy might have 90 red in fighting, after 2 weeks he'll have yellow 80 and after 4 weeks he has white 75. Or so. These numbers are RIGHT NOW stats and just reflect how NHL-ready they are, they have nothing todo with a ceiling. There might be two 4.5 white star players in the draft, 1 with mid-70 in stats an the other with 50's: they will probably both end up at 90 overall, one of them is just way more NHL-ready than the other and will develop faster.

As a hint: always be scouting. If you don't set anything, the AI will scout random areas/positions (which kinda sucks), so just set it to something with lotsa players (preferably players youbwant to know more about), and then even if it goes over the assigned time, the scouts will just stay there and scout more.

MIC TO THE FLOOR PEACE OUT.

Red_Man

Just a heads up for teams at the bottom of the standings, I'd like to trade one of Pavelski, E. Cole, or Cammalleri plus high picks / players for a star 90+ player soonish. An Ovie, Parise, Malkin type player to put me over the top. Anyone interested just PM me.

Socreges

Banned
Just a heads up for teams at the bottom of the standings, I'd like to trade one of Pavelski, E. Cole, or Cammalleri plus high picks / players for a star 90+ player soonish. An Ovie, Parise, Malkin type player to put me over the top. Anyone interested just PM me.
Those would be horrible acquisitions for someone at the bottom.

Red_Man

Cole would be, shouldn't have mentioned him, Pavelski is still young, and I'm talking about mostly picks and prospects for anyone that's rebuilding.

You're going to have to severely overpay if you want to grab a 90+ player from a bottom team.

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE TOEWS FROM ME.

Socreges

Banned
Cole would be, shouldn't have mentioned him, Pavelski is still young, and I'm talking about mostly picks and prospects for anyone that's rebuilding.
Pavelski is older than the three players you're after. I think a basic principle in the rebuilding phase is to get younger, not older.

Red_Man

Pavelski is older than the three players you're after. I think a basic principle in the rebuilding phase is to get younger, not older.

Pavelski - 28
Parise - 28
Malkin - 26
Ovechkin - 27

Yea, he's really that much older. Thanks for the analysis Pierre McGuire.

Red_Man

What does it matter how much older he is? Do you seriously not understand how rebuilding works? You're a Habs fan.
It makes me really happy knowing you have nothing better to do then spend time to look up players ages in the hope that you can make a comment.

Still atop the league, not at my xbox Johnsson, so I don't know if I beat you but I'm assuming I did, and I hope I lit up that dirty bastard Thomas. I also didn't get anymore crushing injuries this time.

It makes me really happy knowing you have nothing better to do then spend time to look up players ages in the hope that you can make a comment.

Still atop the league, not at my xbox Johnsson, so I don't know if I beat you but I'm assuming I did, and I hope I lit up that dirty bastard Thomas. I also didn't get anymore crushing injuries this time.

Gimme 5 minutes and I'll check

Red_Man

You don't think I was looking at their age and stats when I was scouting players that I was interested in? Should change my comment from Pierre McGuire to Mike Milbury.

Socreges

Banned
You don't think I was looking at their age and stats when I was scouting players that I was interested in?
Wouldn't give you the credit considering you were shopping aging vets to rebuilds for their youthful superstars. :p

Btw I don't have a photographic memory or anything, but I just knew that Pavs was older (actually surprised me to see that Parise was the same age, though - would've guessed younger).

Revenant

Wouldn't give you the credit considering you were shopping aging vets to rebuilds for their youthful superstars. :p

Btw I don't have a photographic memory or anything, but I just knew that Pavs was older (actually surprised me to see that Parise was the same age, though - would've guessed younger).

You don't think I was looking at their age and stats when I was scouting players that I was interested in? Should change my comment from Pierre McGuire to Mike Milbury.

one of you should challenge the other to a good ol' fashioned GM barn fight.

Socreges

Banned
Took back the division from Marvie... for now. Really surprised that my team is doing so well. Kulikov ended up being a huge acquisition (paired with Byfuglien). Arnott and Whitney have also been great signings.

Also, no injuries this time, looks like. Amazing. Schenn and Oshie are still out, though.

Two new injuries.

5-1 again but here come the injuries for my team, 2 minor injuries and 1 major 20+ game injury to Wheeler who is my 3rd best player, dang it!

So both Schenn and Wheeler have long term injuries, but Schenn should be back after this sim of games. Luckily my D is all healthy but who knows what is going to happen with these sims and the injury rate.

Smiley90

GODDAMNIT, lost 4 of my top6 defensemen to injuries, my best +- guy out for 40 games. Fix those injuries EA -.-

Marvie_3

Banned
Took back the division from Marvie... for now. Really surprised that my team is doing so well. Kulikov ended up being a huge acquisition (paired with Byfuglien). Arnott and Whitney have also been great signings.

Also, no injuries this time, looks like. Amazing. Schenn and Oshie are still out, though.

Two new injuries.
Only because of loser points.

loser

Revenant

my team is clinging to mediocrity, I guess I can admire the dedication to neither jump up in the standings or plummet to the bottom of the league.

Top Bottom