• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Cake Boss

Banned
Didn't Vanek just get hurt?

Its a Vanek feature.

He plays a couple of games then gets injured for 7 games. Happening all season long.

Callahan also on the block with right offer.

Fuck this, going with the youth movement instead of being stuck in mediocrity with veteran players, Now I know how Flames fans feel.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I don't get what the fuck is wrong with my team either, offense, defense, goaltending all 4.5 stars but still sitting on the playoff bubble for some reason.

The game seems to be random at times even if you think you have a stacked team. Injuries may not be helping but I have a feeling it may also have to do with the types of players you have (like Soc said) as well as who you have on a line together and what not.

EX: I picked up Heatley (who is a sniper) who was doing alright on Marvie's team and put him on Crosby's wing (who is a playmaker). Now Heatley is scoring more goals and him and Crosby are playing great together.

Cake Boss

Banned
He's got Price, so that isn't it.

You've got one decent two-way forward and one decent grinder, Cake Boss. Maybe your forwards in general are too offensively minded.

I wish they were more offensively minded because my leading scorer is Gionta who is averaging 60 points for the whole season, my other forwards like Kopitar, Iginla, Callahan, Elias, Penner, Connolly etc are averaging under 50 points for the entire season. My leading scorer is Weiss who is my 2nd line center.

I tried to role with 3 scoring lines and 1 grinding 4th line of Eager-Elias-Steckal.

I gave up on switching the lineups around because the AI usually switches them back after the sim.

Whoever is San Jose, I got your two trade proposals. I thought the Kubina one was eh, I don't think he is worth a 1st. The Thornton trade I would have done but I don't like his cap hit and it would have left a big hole on my defense.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The game seems to be random at times even if you think you have a stacked team. Injuries may not be helping but I have a feeling it may also have to do with the types of players you have (like Soc said) as well as who you have on a line together and what not.

EX: I picked up Heatley (who is a sniper) who was doing alright on Marvie's team and put him on Crosby's wing (who is a playmaker). Now Heatley is scoring more goals and him and Crosby are playing great together.

HUT can give you a good idea for what lines have good harmony. E.g. good are lines that have SNP-TWF-PLY or SNP-PWF-PLY or TWF-TWF-TWF. AFAIK. There are probably more combinations. (any wing/c can be any of those positions)

Cake Boss

Banned
Alright I think I figured it out. My team as a whole doesn't have problem scoring but actually keeping the puck out at crucial times like on PK. We also get the least amount of PPs of any team in the league, I am guessing my top guys aren't out there on 5 on 5 situations to draw penalties.

I checked out my lines and figured out why my top guys weren't scoring much, they were all playing both on PP and PK logging big minutes while my bottom 6 were being useless.

Came into conclusion that Connolly as my 3rd line center as an 82 overall labeled as a 2nd line center inthe game was being misused on the 3rd line so I am willing to trade him for a checking center for a team who's looking for a 2nd line center.

Revised trade block.

Connoly - looking for a checking center or LWer
Huseluis- looking for a checking winger

One of Girardi, Bieksa, Philips - looking for a 1for1 trade for an equivalent offensive dman.

Socreges

Banned
Whoever is San Jose, I got your two trade proposals. I thought the Kubina one was eh, I don't think he is worth a 1st. The Thornton trade I would have done but I don't like his cap hit and it would have left a big hole on my defense.
Interesting. That's mibupe. He and I agreed on a (significant) trade a few days ago and he told me to send it through. It hasn't been accepted and he hasn't replied to my messages (on 360 or GAF). I've been making changes based on the assumption that the trade is a done deal, but it looks like he suddenly decided to ignore me.

So,

J. Markstrom -- any sellers that need a goalie of the future? (76 ovr, 22 years old, 4 star yellow (or "gold" if you prefer))

J. Schwartz (LW, 66 ovr, 20 years old, 4 star yellow, PLY).

B. Butler (RW, 75 ovr, 24 years old, 3.5 star yellow, SNP)

Looking for:

- young 4 star LW
- C GRN
- RW prospect (4 or 3.5 stars)
- DFD

Nice doing business with Buffalo, Voynov is now off the market, I know I had a few offers from some other people, so I'm sorry, especially to Swance (I also sent you a PM), but I couldn't pass up on this deal. No hard feelings to the others who had offers.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Nice doing business with Buffalo, Voynov is now off the market, I know I had a few offers from some other people, so I'm sorry, especially to Swance, but I couldn't pass up on this deal. No hard feelings to the others who had offers.

A good trade for both teams.

Additionally, Alex Semin is now off the market.

Smiley90

Nice doing business with Buffalo, Voynov is now off the market, I know I had a few offers from some other people, so I'm sorry, especially to Swance (I also sent you a PM), but I couldn't pass up on this deal. No hard feelings to the others who had offers.

Details?

To Buffalo:

K. Poulin, Age: 22, 3.5 gold star potential, Position: G (HYB), OV: 73
T. Wilson, Age: 18, 4 gold star potential, Position: RW (PWF), OV: 54
S. Voynov, Age: 23, 4 gold star potential, Position: D (TWD), OV: 78

To Detroit:

P. Leclaire, Age: 30, 3 white star potential, Position: G (HYB), OV: 80
R. Klesla, Age: 30, 4 star white potential, Position: D (DFD), OV: 82
A. Semin, Age: 28, 4 star white potential, Position: LW (SNP), OV: 83
2013 5th round pick

Overall, I think Buffalo recieved some great potential players, Voynov will probably grow to become better overall than Klesla, and the same with Poulin becoming better than Leclaire. The jury is still out on Wilson because of his age but he could become a pretty good PWF.

This helps though with my 3 needs I wanted. It gives me a 2nd line sniper that can fill in right away. It upgrades my backup goaltending situation (god forbid something happens to Halak who has been great). It also gives me a good veteran DFD man who can fill in right away. Voynov just wasn't cutting it with my team this year and I just had way too many TWD and OFD. Overall I think the trade was great for both teams, this gives me the tools to make a very strong cup run this year and possibly next, and it gives Buffalo some great young talent to build on for the coming years.

Also Wilson was expendable in this trade because of what I was getting back, yes he was my best prospect, but he was still a few years away, and I also have a large abundance of 4 star gold players already like: Schenn, Wheeler, Gerbe, Shattenkirk, Couturier, Hjalmarsson, and Orlov. All of which are NHL ready right now.

Edit: I just hope this somewhat radical change doesn't throw the chemistry of my team off.

Smiley90

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to develop players? If not, Buffalo got fleeced IMO.

Depends on what they're building for. If Dallas wins the cup in the next 2 years they win, if not Buffalo wins.

I'd say on average it goes maybe 60-70-80-85 in developments? Maybe faster if they play often/well.

Depends on what they're building for. If Dallas wins the cup in the next 2 years they win, if not Buffalo wins.

I'd say on average it goes maybe 60-70-80-85 in developments? Maybe faster if they play often/well.

But I'm not Dallas. :(

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to develop players? If not, Buffalo got fleeced IMO.

Depends, usually the trade value bars actually can give you a good idea on how they may develop, if they are a low rating but 4 star potential player like Wilson was but with a high trade value bar, usually that means he has a pretty good chance to become a good player. Though how long it takes I'm not sure.

6for8

I was considering trading away some of my players for prospects before the deadline then my team goes 5-0-1 and gets a few players back from injury (and a new 28 game injury of course). I was 2nd or 3rd overall for a couple of weeks before Rask was injured so will let this play out. Maybe try to trade for an ok goaltending prospect to back him up in the future.

Nice trade for both teams. Really young prospects, 18-19, can develop quickly into the low 80's even when their initial stats are shit. In 3 years I bet Voynov is 82-86, Wilson is an 82 and Poulin is a solid backup at 77+ all with a small cap hit. Detroit will lose in the Conference finals to St.Louis.

I was considering trading away some of my players for prospects before the deadline then my team goes 5-0-1 and gets a few players back from injury (and a new 28 game injury of course). I was 2nd or 3rd overall for a couple of weeks before Rask was injured so will let this play out. Maybe try to trade for an ok goaltending prospect to back him up in the future.

Nice trade for both teams. Really young prospects, 18-19, can develop quickly into the low 80's even when their initial stats are shit. In 3 years I bet Voynov is 82-86, Wilson is an 82 and Poulin is a solid backup at 77+ all with a small cap hit. Detroit will lose in the Conference finals to St.Louis.

That sounds like a challenge, but I now have super Crosby to lead my team to the promise land.

Smiley90

But I'm not Dallas. :(

Depends, usually the trade value bars actually can give you a good idea on how they may develop, if they are a low rating but 4 star potential player like Wilson was but with a high trade value bar, usually that means he has a pretty good chance to become a good player. Though how long it takes I'm not sure.

Lol sorry, got confused there. Yeah you're now up there with Dallas in the "we need to win a cup in the next few years" group :p

I don't see Columbus be good until like 2 seasons from now. This year making the playoffs is not a priority, next year the goal is playoffs, afterwards my window should start (if I can hold onto my core, that is)

Super Ovechkin will be waiting.

Already with over 50 goals, crazy!!!

Shutup Soc!!! :p

I think this trade was good for both teams here, if I don't win a SC in 2 years or so, than well, I lost some great young players for pretty much nothing. As for the Gerbe trade, all depends on how Rodin develops and who gets selected with that 2nd.

Swance

Neo Member

No prob.

Just a heads up, my internal trade deadline is tonight, since I won't be able to go on my Xbox tomorrow.

Sent you another PM.

Looking at moving Evander-Kane. Gotten a few already, but make sure to get the proposals by tomorrow if you're looking. I'm not dead-set on moving him though, so make it decent enough to make me want to.

I'm not making the proposals. If you're interested, send one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
May be looking for a Salary dump, looking to get rid of Timonen, if any interest PM me.

Hilti92

Parise has been traded. I'm looking to trade off my team for 1st round picks and prospects. I'm the San Jose Sharks. Take a look at what I got an place an offer. Rebuild.

Socreges

Banned
More importantly, for what???
Well, not to me.

mibupe and I made a deal for Parise.

He said, and I quote: "Send the trade. I'm good for it."

That was three days ago. Since then he hasn't accepted the offers and hasn't been responding to my messages asking what's up (despite being online). It meant that I couldn't pursue another 1st line LW during that time and couldn't trade away the prospects/picks that were involved in our deal.

No one's asking you to take this as seriously as CrazedArabMan is, but come on... don't waste my time.

Well, not to me.

That was three days ago. Since then he hasn't accepted the offers and hasn't been responding to my messages asking what's up (despite being online). It meant that I couldn't pursue another 1st line LW during that time and couldn't trade away the prospects/picks that were involved in our deal.

No one's asking you to take this as seriously as CrazedArabMan is, but come on... don't waste my time.

5b2470d0462ba5b8fdafaccfa061.jpg

Smiley90

Drama during the first season already. -notbad-

Feel bad for you though, Soc, I'll go with it being a misunderstanding. :/

Well, not to me.

Hey now, don't go dragging me into this, I'm only playing the game and looking what the best options are for my team, no problem with that.

Socreges

Banned
Hey now, don't go dragging me into this, I'm only playing the game and looking what the best options are for my team, no problem with that.
Sorry, that probably sounded harsh. It's awesome that you're keen. I wish we had 30 guys like that. I'm only poking fun at your unusual (for you) writing when discussing trades and proposals. It's like you put on a suit and tie every time you jump online now. ;)

Sorry, that probably sounded harsh. It's awesome that you're keen. I wish we had 30 guys like that. I'm only poking fun at your unusual (for you) writing when discussing trades and proposals. It's like you put on a suit and tie every time you jump online now. ;)

:lol, GM mode has always been my favorite mode, so to be able to play with others has me more excited than usual, plus I have a lot of free time at the moment but that should change by next week (I have 2 job offers, just need to figure out which one I'm taking) :D

Smiley90

Accepted all trades up to this point. Congrats on Parise, Soccerges.

Soc didn't get Parise...? I thought? Oo. Wat now. Also, Marvie, what time approx will you be simming? Please as late as possible :lol can you give us a 1h warning or so please? :)

Top Bottom