• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If we play in the conference finals, we'll be looking at:

Detroit: Great offense and great goaltending (would have been great D except for injuries)

Dallas: Great defense, great goaltending, amazing offense if Getzlaf and Doan return.
My offense is still pretty good, I just need my PP going, and if Cammy and Briere turn it up in the playoffs shit will get real.

How did you manage to get a better defense in this game than the real Red Wings have?

HAHAHAHAHA..... It's true :(

Don't worry, when the players win the CBA agreements and we have no cap space, Ilitch and Holland will start throwing money to all of the available free agents in 2 years when the season is back.

Socreges

Banned
Thanks.

Looks like another NW title for the Canucks. Once again thanks to a poor division. IIRC all NW teams are competitive, though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks.

Looks like another NW title for the Canucks. Once again thanks to a poor division. IIRC all NW teams are competitive, though.

It's not as bad as real life... Colorado 6th, Min 8th, Calgary 10th (so realistic!) and Edmonton 11th in the West.

Playoff-bubbles are pretty much down to:

West:

Col, LA, Min, CBJ, Cal (all separated by 3 points)

East has no real tension, with 6 points separating Buffalo in 8th from the Caps in 9th... And Buffalo even has one less game played.

Cake Boss

Banned
Woooo .500. I wish you could check the stats of each game instead of just the box score, want to see if we won the games with Eager out and if we lost them when the AI put him back in the lineup.

My team is like a revolving door of injuries, one comes back and one goes out. Vanek comes back Gionta goes out.

This games AI is beyond retarded, instead of calling someone from the AHL to replace the injured forward or use the scratched prospect forward no they used a defensive damn on the 3rd line.

Smiley90

Woooo .500. I wish you could check the stats of each game instead of just the box score, want to see if we won the games with Eager out and if we lost them when the AI put him back in the lineup.

My team is like a revolving door of injuries, one comes back and one goes out. Vanek comes back Gionta goes out.

This games AI is beyond retarded, instead of calling someone from the AHL to replace the injured forward or use the scratched prospect forward no they used a defensive damn on the 3rd line.

Easy Solution: now with waivers out, send everyone who's not playing down. Or keep enough players scratched to fill any position.

Socreges

Banned
As usual my sim started out with easy victories. Then tight victories. Then losses. Thanks for nothing, CPU.

Brouwer out for the playoffs. Damn.

Marvie_3

Banned
Thanks.

I was competitive for the first half of the season and then injuries started piling up. Always next season I guess.

Speaking of next season, if anyone has any ideas on changes to improve things, let me know. Might as well start discussing them now instead of during the season.

Socreges

Banned
I can see now why I lost all of my last three games.

Just looked at my forward lines. Couldn't see Boedker, but he wasn't scratched. "Boedker, where the fuck are you"... RT... He's on my third D pairing. Amazing. I had two dmen injured and instead of calling up Poti (79)...Boedker. Rookie dman Spurgeon is also on my top pairing instead of three guys that are better than him. Outstanding.

Socreges

Banned
I was competitive for the first half of the season and then injuries started piling up. Always next season I guess.

Speaking of next season, if anyone has any ideas on changes to improve things, let me know. Might as well start discussing them now instead of during the season.
Would be interesting to see who had the most man games lost to injury. I've gotta be up there, but had good depth for the most part (glad I didn't trade away guys like Ericsson and Larose for prospects).

Easy Solution: now with waivers out, send everyone who's not playing down. Or keep enough players scratched to fill any position.
I did this, but apparently you can't trust the AI to bring them back up when they're needed.

Marvie_3

Banned
Would be interesting to see who had the most man games lost to injury. I've gotta be up there, but had good depth for the most part (glad I didn't trade away guys like Ericsson and Larose for prospects).
Depth is the big thing I need to work on this offseason. Once my top guys started going down it was all over.

Smiley90

Depth is the big thing I need to work on this offseason. Once my top guys started going down it was all over.

Offseason will definitely be interesting. In normal GM mode you don't really have issues with depth since you usually get who you want and don't have "bad" contracts/players on your team, but now with everyone looking at free agents, it'll be interesting.

Smiley90

Mhm what I just realized. If one of us won't login/resign anyone, that team will lose all their UFA's and RFA's and free agency will have some crazy good players. And those teams will be screwed for the next few years. I hope everyone's active... :/

Smiley90

Not to volunteer Marvie, but what if we send PMs to everyone to make sure they log in this weekend?

Also I just noticed that most of Dallas' players have huge salary cuts. Are most teams like that? My guys are all getting paid the real totals and even more in some cases.

dat MAF glove hand

You can't really compare "EA NHL salaries" and "real world salaries", the values are often all over the place. Say if you re-sign someone for 9 mio, we really can't say "OMFG OVERPAYMENT" because they got less in real life, but have to compare it to what other players are getting ingame.

As for salaries, no idea how some of mine compare to real life, but Karlsson is signed for 9.3 mio :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
You can't really compare "EA NHL salaries" and "real world salaries", the values are often all over the place. Say if you re-sign someone for 9 mio, we really can't say "OMFG OVERPAYMENT" because they got less in real life, but have to compare it to what other players are getting ingame.

As for salaries, no idea how some of mine compare to real life, but Karlsson is signed for 9.3 mio :lol

Toews was asking for $12M+ in my offline GM mode.

I happily gave him the $12M <3

Socreges

Banned

Yeah. But look at what I'm saying. Dallas players are virtually all at huge discounts. Even the younger guys. Meanwhile Stastny is making over $9m. There doesn't seem to be a a very good internal comparison, never mind to real life. I'm wondering if on most teams the salaries are lower or if many are higher.

Smiley90

Dang it, they said they had fixed that with players asking for ridiculous amounts of money.

Oh EA :/

It's still EA :p also, D-men always ask for more money, for some reason. Also, that's exactly why I'm happy with more rounds, because if you give everyone what they ask for you'll be cap-screwed :p

Smiley90

Will we see which AHL teams made the playoffs too once the season is over? So we know if it's worth it to send players down?

I don't even know who Columbus' farmteam is...

6for8

Final sim before the playoffs. Detroit is out of reach so maybe its time to scratch some players to keep them healthy. Or maybe its time to post that I intend to scratch my players so Detroit scratches all their players and has a 0-5 week. Impossible but no other reason to keep my few 'stars' in the lineup. Looks like it will be Chicago in the 1st round and not sure if its worth losing my goalie trying to get an extra game at home.

If I scratch Perry, he won't have a chance to join the exclusive 30 in 82 club so I should keep him in the lineup.

Checking out my schedule and I have a game against Columbus who is shooting for the 8th spot. It would be poor form not to field a full team so its all hands on deck and we will bask in all the karma the team receives.

Smiley90

Just realized my last game of the season is... Against Minnesotta. Deciding game of who makes the playoffs is last game of the season, pretty much who wins it makes it. Awesome.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just realized my last game of the season is... Against Minnesotta. Deciding game of who makes the playoffs is last game of the season, pretty much who wins it makes it. Awesome.

Too bad there isn't a spectator mode. :lol

Gonna sim in a couple minutes.

Smiley90

Oh also: since teams only have 1 week to respond to offer sheets, but sim periods are 2 weeks... Have you tested if that gives us a chance to respond?

Smiley90

DAMNIT MARVIE. Minnesotta beat my by 1 point. And I even won the season finale 3-0 but that wasn't enough. DAMNIT.

MacAttack

Took the Northeast thanks to Montreal shitting the bed with a 2-6-2 record in the last 10 games.

Ill probably get bounced in round one since my top three right wingers (Selanne, Grabner, Stalberg) are injured. They could all be back for the Conference finals if I make it that far.

Hopefully we keep getting the whistles in our favor. Bruins lead the league in power play opportunities by 100 minutes and have the second least amount of short handed time.

Red_Man

Getzlaf out for the entire first round of the playoffs :| and Doan out for the majority of the playoffs if I make a deep run...

Red_Man

My 1st line is. Briere - Cammalleri - St. Louis

If this were real life, that line would win me the cup alone.

Socreges

Banned
And I feel like the 2013 versions of those guys wouldn't be quite as potent.

4-0 to end the season. Very nice. Some highlights for my team..

NW division title
5th in GF, 3rd in GA, 2nd PP, 4th PK
Kulikov with 50 assists (5 G)
Great secondary scoring

Now to get bounced in 5 by LA.

[edit] ah fuck kulikov is injured too

Top Bottom