• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Milly79

I can't believe 9 goalies played 82 games. Rinne finished below 2 gaa in 74 games which was first. Also finished first in save %

Doesn't matter cause he's out first round. :/

Giroux out first 4 games with a broken nose. Man up Claude.
Kronwall also out at least the first game of Playoffs.

Can we do one round per night? Two rounds simmed per night seems too quick IMO.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Can we do one round per night? Two rounds simmed per night seems too quick IMO.

Fine with me.

So, would that make the new schedule this?

Tuesday: Playoff Quarterfinals
Wednesday: Playoff Semifinals
Thursday: Playoff Conference Finals
Friday: Stanley Cup Finals
Saturday: Draft Rankings/Trades/Draft
Sunday-Tuesday: Re-signing period
Wednesday-Friday: Free Agency
Saturday: Next Season Begins

That would probably make the re-sign period a lot easier for guys like Smiley that are away this weekend.

What time do you usually do the sims, Marvie?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, would that make the new schedule this?

Tuesday: Playoff Quarterfinals
Wednesday: Playoff Semifinals
Thursday: Playoff Conference Finals
Friday: Stanley Cup Finals
Saturday: Draft Rankings/Trades/Draft
Sunday-Tuesday: Re-signing period
Wednesday-Friday: Free Agency
Saturday: Next Season Begins

That would probably make the re-sign period a lot easier for guys like Smiley that are away this weekend.

What time do you usually do the sims, Marvie?

Thanks :p yeah it would, but i was working on a solution with Spectre too, to test if leagues are EA account and not disk-copy bound, then he could've logged into my account. But this would probably be better, I don't really care :p and yes your schedule is right.
At this point I just hope the workaround with spectre works in the first place, because i won't have time for one of contracts/draft anyway :p

... Now.. What to draft with my 3-4 first rounders....

Trade them to me! :)

Socreges

Banned
Thanks :p yeah it would, but i was working on a solution with Spectre too, to test if leagues are EA account and not disk-copy bound, then he could've logged into my account. But this would probably be better, I don't really care :p and yes your schedule is right.
At this point I just hope the workaround with spectre works in the first place, because i won't have time for one of contracts/draft anyway :p
Quit pretending like you actually ever leave the dungeon.

smiley.jpg

credit to SCHUEY

Finished first in the league and managed to go 3-1 in the final 4 games I believe even with a scrub defense (including a 6-0 win over Marvie I believe). However, one of my good scrub D-man came back from injury and was injured again, and also another scrub D man got injured. So now I have 2 regulars, 3 scrubs, and 1 super scrub for my D.

Idk Marvie, you have a good chance to take the series with how badly my D is set up right now with injuries, I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset. With that said it better not happen!!! My offense and goaltending are all healthy and ready to go.

Smiley90

when do i join in. drafting time or once next season starts?

Whenever you want. :lol marvie just said you might wanna wait if people drop out after the season ends, but if you want Phoenix, then go for it. You're set for 1st overall pick, but lottery hasn't happened yet. Your team is actually pretty good, we don't really know why they ended up last, we blame it on the AI being crappy at managing a team.

Marvie_3

Banned
Gonna send out PMs to any GMs who aren't really active in the thread to see if they're sticking around after this season. I'll post the list of available teams by Friday.

Smiley90

Hey Marvie, do you mind posting the results of the first playoff round (and the future rounds) here once it's over? Since I'm not in the playoffs anymore I don't really feel like spending 20mins on turning the xbox on and going through the menus just to look at some results. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Playoffs Round 1:

West:

DET 4 - MIN 0
DAL 4 - COL 1
LAK 4 - VAN 3
CHI 4 - STL 2

East:

TBL 4 - BUF 2
NJD 4 - NYR 0
PHI 4 - BOS 3
MTL 4 - CAR 1

Round 2 matchups are:

MTL - PHI
TBL - NJD

DET - LAK
DAL - CHI

Smiley90

Playoffs Round 1:

West:

DET 4 - MIN 0
DAL 4 - COL 1
LAK 4 - VAN 3
CHI 4 - STL 2

East:

TBL 4 - BUF 2
NJD 4 - NYR 0
PHI 4 - BOS 3
MTL 4 - CAR 1

Round 2 matchups are:

MTL - PHI
TBL - NJD

DET - LAK
DAL - CHI

You disappoint me. Did any lower seeds win? From what I see Vancouver lost as the 3rd seed to LA (oh fuck me, that sounds too familiar).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Briere with 4 P in 5 GP
Cammy 3 P in 5 GP
Hamhuis 5 P in 5 GP
St Louis 4p in 5 GP
Kane 4 P in 5 GP

Not too shabby.

Smiley90

Aight, looked it up.

Lower Seeds who won:

Chi (5) vs STL (4)
LA (6) vs VAN (3) (fuck that. Soc, what'd you do.)

NJ (7) vs NYR (2) (this sounds familiar too)
PHI (6) vs BOS (3)
MTL (5) vs CAR (4)

majority of matchups won by lower seeds, but mostly the "closer" matchups. fair enough.

Habs are going to down the Flyers in 6 even with the injury to Tom Gilbert which will keep him out of the series, Pascal Dupuis will attempt to play through his fractured jaw

ROFL

Joe Colborne is my 6th defenceman right now.....wtf

You'd think the fucking AI would realize that Eric Brewer is back from injury and a far better defenceman than Joe Colborne....

And now I hit best lines and it puts fucking Sopel on the top pairing with Brewer and not Bogosian

Come on EA....

Smiley90

Gonna run through another test offseason tonight and tomorrow to make sure everything is as I remember it.

I asked before, but just to make sure: Since offer sheets have to be responded to within a week, but sim periods last 2 weeks, are you sure this is gonna work well and we have time to respond? Appreciate the effort.

Marvie_3

Banned
I asked before, but just to make sure: Since offer sheets have to be responded to within a week, but sim periods last 2 weeks, are you sure this is gonna work well and we have time to respond? Appreciate the effort.
That's what I wanted to double check. The offseason sim periods aren't like the regular season ones though. The UFA signing period is basically broken up into rounds instead of every single week of the offseason.

Red_Man

Looking at my team report, the only thing hot for me right now is my offense. Everything else is cold :| hopefully Ovie doesn't chew my team apart...

Red_Man

I think you're going to beat me Rev, your PP is crazy good, and mine is shit, along with a shit PK and a cold defense.

The AI completely fucked me halfway through the series:

ide08agcgbaNs.gif

Solid gif.

But LA was up 2-1 in the series and in the fourth game shelled the Nucks 6-1 to be up 3-1. Game 7 went to OT and finished 2-1. I'm not sure when the goalie change happened but also not sure that it can be blamed.

Socreges

Banned
Solid gif.

But LA was up 2-1 in the series and in the fourth game shelled the Nucks 6-1 to be up 3-1. Game 7 went to OT and finished 2-1. I'm not sure when the goalie change happened but also not sure that it can be blamed.
Well, you can piece it together just by glancing at the goalie stats. Kind of interesting to see the series unfold that way.

Gustavsson started Games 2 and 4 (both losses) and was pulled in both, letting in a combined 6 goals. Lundqvist played all 7 games (2 in relief) and let in a combined 8 goals.

Kulikov also returned from injury, leading the Canucks to two victories and forcing a game 7... and then missed Game 7. Byfuglien also shows up as being injured, but has 7 GP so he must've gotten injured in the last game. *shrug

Socreges

Banned
Congrats to those advancing to the next round. I'll be avidly supporting Rev's Hawks from here on out until tomorrow night when he's bounced in 5 by the Stars.

Socreges

Banned
I can confirm this is Gustavsson's work.
Really strange that they put him in. No other team started a second goaltender.

Actually, Carolina put in Dipietro for most of the series, but only because Bryzgalov got injured in Game 3. Montreal then won the rest of the games. Ouch.

Smiley90

Heads up and I don't know if it's been mentioned but you can start prioritizing your draft picks already.

That is awesome news for someone like me who won't be around on Saturday. Pretty much unfolding perfectly with 1 day per round, I'll just get 2 days instead of 3 for renewals, but that should work. Thanks!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCRUB DEFENSE FTW!!!

Looked at the games though and they were all close, pretty much 3-2 on the last 3 games.

With that said, no injuries during the first round and I have one of my bottom pairing defensemen back from injury. However, LA is going to be tough, they may take this series since I seemed to struggle against Vancouver during the regular season.

So Let's Go Red Wings, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

Bring it home team, let's do this!

Top Bottom