• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Yep, all your points are valid :lol hence I said there'll be loads of offer sheets.

And well, Marvie said we'll get two days to sign them. I'd prefer more days (to allow for more negotiating and thus better cap management (since more days to negotiate = more trials to find the perfect deal). If you give them what they want they'll accept but you'll possibly run into cap problems. So yes, it's no problem to get the players you want to stay, it WILL be a problem to keep ALL players you want, which is kinda realistic. And you can always match offer sheets too or hope they accept your offers before they get offer sheeted.

Well, we can add more days if people want. I just said 2 because the offseason is already going to be almost a week and didn't want it to drag out too long.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well, we can add more days if people want. I just said 2 because the offseason is already going to be almost a week and didn't want it to drag out too long.

I actually think resigning is more important than offseason. Re-signing an RFA or getting him offer sheeted because you didn't have enough time to get a deal is make it or break it. Offseason only needs like 2,3 rounds to get your team edges done.

3 days each?

Marvie_3

Banned
Lost two of my top 3 forwards to injury this sim and also dropped to 7th in the West. Not even going to make the playoffs at this rate. I have pretty much no forwards left.

Smiley90

DAMN, Gagliardi out 30 games, that can't be good for his development. fuuudgeballs. also went 3-2-1, still 10th in the west, still 2 points behind 8th place. this is gonna be so close. now 33-27-10 :/

Milly79

Is anyone bitching about the injury rate on the forums? I'm assuming they're going to fix this at some point.

Okay, maybe not.

Socreges

Banned
Byfuglien "day to day with an injured stomach". Not even joking. I think EA is trolling me.

Five guys out right now, but most are coming back soon at least.

Lost two of my top 3 forwards to injury this sim and also dropped to 7th in the West. Not even going to make the playoffs at this rate. I have pretty much no forwards left.
You sure they weren't injured and then came back? Sedin is your only top forward out.

Smiley90

I realized where my biggest problem is. I'm 19-11 away, but 14-16 at home. C'MON COLUMBUS FANS SHOW UP AND CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doan's injury isn't surprising, but I can't afford to lose Getlzaf for a long time. I have depth but my team is old, I need to win a cup this year or next.

Doan's injury isn't surprising, but I can't afford to lose Getlzaf for a long time. I have depth but my team is old, I need to win a cup this year or next.

My top 2 centres are out again, I have Koivu on my top line lol

They are back soon though, just need them back for the playoffs

And why can't we just sim right to the playoffs after the trade deadline? It's not like we can do much right now except bring players up from the minors

Red_Man

I've got 2 big games against Detroit next SIM period, hopefully Pronger takes out Crosby.

Smiley90

Given that Spectre is ruining Skinner, I'd like to give out another info: If you play a player lower than his assigned role (e.g. play a player with the designation "1st" on the 2nd line), they'll develop worse. Just saying. (It never hurts to play him on a higher line than his designation, though).

Also, I have nothing against what Jonsson said, just make tomorrow's sim go right up to the playoffs, all 12ish games left?

Socreges

Banned
What about 'minor scoring forward' on the fourth line? They should just be in the minors then since they're not ready? Connolly is a 72 and has plugged in at times for me.

Smiley90

SMILEY WON'T BE LOGGING ON DURING THE OFFSEASON. EVERYONE OFFERSHEET SEGUIN.

You're... gah.

fuck. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. I hope Marvie can give us a timetable for the next week soon, if possible, then I'll know what periods I'll be missing :/ Can assistant GM's do contract extensions and stuff? Otherwise I might have to give up my team to the AI over the weekend to do all my extensions -.-

What about 'minor scoring forward' on the fourth line? They should just be in the minors then since they're not ready? Connolly is a 72 and has plugged in at times for me.

Like I said, higher is always okay. NHL > any minor line.

I've got 2 big games against Detroit next SIM period, hopefully Pronger takes out Crosby.

Pronger is going to get injured before Crosby.

Well I had a better sim week than the last two ones, though Hjalmarsson is out for 20 + games which is great. I just hope I don't get any more major injuries by the start of the playoffs.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
In case anyone was wondering, the Buffalo playoff charge is in full swing.

9-1 in the last ten games and either 4-1 or 5-1 in the last sim, the Sabres now have a five point lead on the Capitals for 8th in the East.

Socreges

Banned
I hope Marvie can give us a timetable for the next week soon, if possible, then I'll know what periods I'll be missing :/ Can assistant GM's do contract extensions and stuff? Otherwise I might have to give up my team to the AI over the weekend to do all my extensions -.-.
Also wondering this. Canadian Thanksgiving and a long weekend up here.

Smiley90

Also wondering this. Canadian Thanksgiving and a long weekend up here.

Yeah, I'll be in Vegas Friday-Monday, so I'll be missing 2 sim-periods...which would be really unfortunate if those 2 periods were the re-signing stages. I can probably live with not setting draft-stuff (still meh), but not being able to re-sign anyone's a back-breaker, I'd have to find a solution.

Marvie_3

Banned
Simming now.

And why can't we just sim right to the playoffs after the trade deadline? It's not like we can do much right now except bring players up from the minors
We could start doing this in the future if everyone's ok with it. It'd save us a day or two worth of simming.

I hope Marvie can give us a timetable for the next week soon, if possible, then I'll know what periods I'll be missing
Looks like the schedule is going to be this:

Monday night: Last regular season sim
Tuesday night: First two rounds of the playoffs
Wednesday night: Conference Finals sim
Thursday Night: Stanley Cup Finals sim
Friday night: Draft rankings/trades/draft
Sat-Sun-Mon night: Re-signing period
Tue-Wed-Thu: Free Agency
Friday: Next season starts

Marvie_3

Banned
Teams that clinched playoff spots tonight:

Western Conference:
Detroit
Dallas
St. Louis

Eastern Conference:
Tampa Bay
NY Rangers
Boston
Montreal
Carolina

I dropped to 8th in the West. One point ahead of Columbus and Calgary with 1 sim to go before the playoffs.

Smiley90

Simming now.

We could start doing this in the future if everyone's ok with it. It'd save us a day or two worth of simming.

Looks like the schedule is going to be this:

Monday night: Last regular season sim
Tuesday night: First two rounds of the playoffs
Wednesday night: Conference Finals sim
Thursday Night: Stanley Cup Finals sim
Friday night: Draft rankings/trades/draft
Sat-Sun-Mon night: Re-signing period
Tue-Wed-Thu: Free Agency
Friday: Next season starts

mhmmmmm so I'll have... uh... Monday to resign all my players. one day. dangit. Also probably won't be able to do trades after the Stanley Cup final sim, I'd assume? Or will the "stanley cup final sim" go RIGHT up until draft day, then we can do draft-day trades on friday, and then friday night is the draft? then Saturday first contract offers, sunday 2nd, monday 3rd... mhmmmm.

went 4-2-0 this period, SO CLOSE. I will finish 9th in the west, I can feel it. At least nearly everyone is back from injuries now.

Marvie_3

Banned
mhmmmmm so I'll have... uh... Monday to resign all my players. one day. dangit. Also probably won't be able to do trades after the Stanley Cup final sim, I'd assume? Or will the "stanley cup final sim" go RIGHT up until draft day, then we can do draft-day trades on friday, and then friday night is the draft? then Saturday first contract offers, sunday 2nd, monday 3rd... mhmmmm.

went 4-2-0 this period, SO CLOSE. I will finish 9th in the west, I can feel it. At least nearly everyone is back from injuries now.

You'll pass my team. 3 of my top 6 forwards are still hurt and I've been dropping in the standings like crazy.

Smiley90

Discuss your trades during the playoffs and finalize em on draft day :)

Well but I'm saying, when will the game let you do trades ;) I'd assume the stanley cup final sim will go right up until draft day, so on Friday we'll be able to a) see how all players have progressed and b) do draft-day trades. I can do that on friday morning before I leave, and then mhmmmmm... I'll see what I'll do. Either I give my team up to the AI for the draft&first two days of resigning or I'll just do all my contracts on monday... mhmmm :/

Well but I'm saying, when will the game let you do trades ;) I'd assume the stanley cup final sim will go right up until draft day, so on Friday we'll be able to a) see how all players have progressed and b) do draft-day trades. I can do that on friday morning before I leave, and then mhmmmmm... I'll see what I'll do. Either I give my team up to the AI for the draft&first two days of resigning or I'll just do all my contracts on monday... mhmmm :/

No time will work for everyone

Teams that clinched playoff spots tonight:

Western Conference:
Detroit
Dallas
St. Louis

Eastern Conference:
Tampa Bay
NY Rangers
Boston
Montreal
Carolina

I dropped to 8th in the West. One point ahead of Columbus and Calgary with 1 sim to go before the playoffs.
When are offer sheets allowed? Free Agency?

Smiley90

No time will work for everyone

Oh I'm just talking to myself, don't mind me. Or maybe asking for input on what others think might be best. Not asking anyone to change schedules :lol

When are offer sheets allowed? Free Agency?

Yeah the game won't let you submit offer sheets until Free Agency. So, I'd say... Tuesday? :D According to Marvie's Schedule.

I'm glad that Kovalchuk is locked up for life :p

It's too bad you couldn't start the league with all players as free agents in the "draft"

Booo, I'm 4th in the East now

Smiley90

I'm glad that Kovalchuk is locked up for life :p

It's too bad you couldn't start the league with all players as free agents in the "draft"

Booo, I'm 4th in the East now

What do you mean? like a free agency where everyone starts off with 0 cap spent? Or a fantasy draft?

Smiley90

You draft the players and then have to sign them all :p

I'm sure some teams are going to have far more UFA/RFA than others

aaaah I see what you mean. That'd be interesting, yeah. But then everyone would just sign their players for long right away and the next few offseasons would be pretty boring. :D

And tell me about it, I started the season with only 2 (!!!) players on my main team signed past 2012/13. sucks esp if I only get 1 round of negotiating in. damn.

Merguson

Banned
I didn't realize Marvie was simming that quickly.. sorry for those who I said I would talk to at the deadline.. once we get the re-signings and free agency dealt with.. I'll be able to free up some contract spots.. and we can talk..

GOOD NEWS:

- Played two games against Dallas this past sim and beat them easily both times.
- My offense is 100% healthy and is ready to go
- Back up to first in the West and the League :D

BAD NEWS:

- Last sim I only went 4-3-1 with my new acquisitions, but the two wins against Dallas were huge.

RAGE NEWS:

- SCREW YOU EA AND YOUR INJURIES AND HOW OFTEN THEY HAPPEN, SCREW YOU HARD, FIX YOUR STUPID GAMES
- With that said, this past simmed caused my top defenseman (Shattenkirk) to be out for the rest of the season and playoffs, it also caused Klesla who I just aquired to be out for 10+ games, so who knows if he will even be able to play in the playoffs with how far I get.
- With those two injuries and the injury from Hjalmarsson from the last sim, I have 3 out of my top 4 defensemen out with long term injuries, with only Hjalmarrson and Klesla able to come back if I make it deep into the playoffs.
- My D now looks like this:
Code:
S. Gonchar - D. Orlov
A. Scrub - B. Scrub
C. Scrub - D. Scrub

SILVER LINING:

My team seemed to have won most of our games after the big injuries during this sim, since going by the time they have left and the initial injury day count, they must have gotten injured early - mid during the last sim of 8 games. My A-D Scrubs aren't that bad, they just are somewhat untested, or at least two are. So who knows, maybe my team will somehow play better with half of my D gone. :/

PS: SCREW YOU AGAIN EA!!!

/end long post

Smiley90

I didn't realize Marvie was simming that quickly.. sorry for those who I said I would talk to at the deadline.. once we get the re-signings and free agency dealt with.. I'll be able to free up some contract spots.. and we can talk..

Youuuuuuuuuu I've been waiting for this post. :p

Red_Man

Code:
S. Gonchar - D. Orlov
A. Scrub - B. Scrub
C. Scrub - D. Scrub

y3Kyg.gif

My D and goalie are sick, I just have to hope my offense can pull it together. It would be great if they could get a decent PP going....

y3Kyg.gif

My D and goalie are sick, I just have to hope my offense can pull it together. It would be great if they could get a decent PP going....

Hey, if my scrubs could handle you during the last sim, they can handle you again!!!

If we play in the conference finals, we'll be looking at:

Detroit: Great offense and great goaltending (would have been great D except for injuries)

Dallas: Great defense and great goaltending

Top Bottom