• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE0K5QkJGzY

AAGR208.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Conference Semifinals:

Eastern Conference:

TBL 4 - NJ 0
MTL 4 - PHI 2

Western Conference:

DET 4 - LAK 3
DAL 4 - CHI 1
ib2JVlI5bMycHR.gif

I really hope Detroit has some injuries from that series.

FUCK Timonen is injured for 5 weeks ;_: fucking EA

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hey, at least Dalas has only won one cup. Plus after this and next season 3/4 of my team will be retired and I'll have to bring in players from the ECHL to fill up my team.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No. Both of those teams need to lose too.

Just say you want Tampa to win, it's easier to say than "I don't want Detroit to win! Or Dallas! Or montreal!" :p also, this is where having Heatley would come in handy.

Delryk

Scouting doesnt really work well. Why did it says i went to see this goalie kid in europe 4 times? Ive never set anything other than Canada.

And draft priority list is bugged. If you view a player, it resets back to your real last save.

Smiley90

Scouting doesnt really work well. Why did it says i went to see this goalie kid in europe 4 times? Ive never set anything other than Canada.

And draft priority list is bugged. If you view a player, it resets back to your real last save.

Draft priority list also gives different overall ability ratings than scouting, I don't know what's up with it. -shrug-

Socreges

Banned
Looks like I won't be able to get online on Sunday for the first round of resigning players. What would the consequence be? Won't be able to get my RFAs for as good a cap hit?

Any way to have someone take over my account temporarily from another XBox?

Smiley90

Looks like I won't be able to get online on Sunday for the first round of resigning players. What would the consequence be? Won't be able to get my RFAs for as good a cap hit?

Any way to have someone take over my account temporarily from another XBox?

Same, and yeah, pretty much. No idea if it works via different xbox... Also, i won't be on saturday, so i won't be able to accept your trade, so just trade me whoever you draft in the 4th round once the offseason starts?

SOMEBODY STOP DETROIT

dZCUn.jpg

Just beat Detroit then lose in the Finals.

Nobody wants you to win either. :lol I'm gonna use my commissioner powers to make DET's and DAL's planes collide in mid-air.

No, you are supposed to cheer for me!!

Just say you want Tampa to win, it's easier to say than "I don't want Detroit to win! Or Dallas! Or montreal!" :p also, this is where having Heatley would come in handy.

Hey I have Hea....... oh... :(

Anyways, way close series with LA, can't believe we pulled it off.

So news for next round:

Bad:

Two new injuries, except both are to my 3rd and 4th lines, so nothing of significance. Both are being replaced by some good players, but still injuries are injuries and it hurts my depth.

Good:

Hjalmarsson is back!!!! My best DFD and 2nd best defenseman!!!

Also Klesla will be back by game 3 of this series, so my D will almost be back up to full strength.

No major injuries or any small injuries to my top 6.

Outlook:

This is going to be tough, Dallas is almost pure D, they don't score many goals but it looks like their D and Luongo is what is bailing them out. The question though is can they stop the continuous onslaught of my offense? They didn't seem to be able to do that in the regular season, but the playoffs are different. Halak isn't playing the best but my D is now a little better and Dallas is now missing Timonen. So who nows, I can see Dallas taking this if Luongo plays out of his mind, but if he cracks, my offense will let him have it.

I'm scared! :(

Socreges

Banned
Dallas will definitely take you.

I actually think my Canucks would've beaten you ...provided the AI wouldn't put in Gustavsson.

Dallas will definitely take you.

I actually think my Canucks would've beaten you ...provided the AI wouldn't put in Gustavsson.

Eh....... If going by the regular season series between us, then no, Dallas I don't think will take me, but it is the playoffs and Luongo is playing out of his mind apparently, as for your Canucks, I think that would have been a toss up.

Edit: Dang, you hate my team don't you. :lol

? nope

Didn't realize you'd won the season series with Dallas. Maybe you match up well.... which is actually strange since I think Dallas' roster is basically flawless.

It should be interesting, pretty much will be pure offense vs pure defense. I thought you just really wanted Loungo to win.

But yeah, I never realized how stacked Dallas was, Red Man got lucky with an incredible team from the beginning. Though I know he did pull some few moves to make it even better. However as he stated, he is basically Detroit, a lot of good older players, so his chance is now. My team is great, but all of my guys are younger, only three guys over 30. So my team will most likely only get better and I also have a ton of cap to work with for contracts and to improve my team.

Smiley90

Did you see my post Soc? I won't be on for pre-draft trades, so just trade me whoever you draft in round 4 afterwards?

Marvie_3

Banned
To answer this post from yesterday:

I asked before, but just to make sure: Since offer sheets have to be responded to within a week, but sim periods last 2 weeks, are you sure this is gonna work well and we have time to respond? Appreciate the effort.

Re-sign sims are a single day, not two weeks, so you'll have 3 days to re-sign players. qualifying offers aren't always accepted right away so if there are certain players you know you want to keep, you might want to offer them a contract instead.

QUOTE=BigJonsson;42878047]Any chance the finals can get simmed early tomorrow night? If Arab consents?[/QUOTE]

How early? I might not be home until late anyway.

Dat Dubnyk depth

Any chance the finals can get simmed early tomorrow night? If Arab consents?

Sorry, I won't be home from work until 6 EST and then I'm leaving right away to go play hockey with a friend. So I won't be back until around 9ish most likely. So no early sim, I want to be able to adjust my lines and check on any injuries for the finals.

Also, YES!!!! One more round to go, but I have no clue about Montreal, I know I won one game against them in the regular season, but that isn't a big enough sample size to test this series.

Top Bottom