• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To answer this post from yesterday:

Re-sign sims are a single day, not two weeks, so you'll have 3 days to re-sign players. qualifying offers aren't always accepted right away so if there are certain players you know you want to keep, you might want to offer them a contract instead.

Offer sheets, not qualifying offers. Offseason, not resign stage.

Marvie_3

Banned
Offer sheets, not qualifying offers. Offseason, not resign stage.

Never had a player offer sheeted during either test even though I left all my RFA's open for them so I couldn't tell you. That's why I mentioned that qualifying offers aren't always accepted right away. Offseason is broken down into 7 chunks. I'd assume you'll have time to respond but I wouldn't risk it. Get the players you want signed to deals.

Smiley90

Never had a player offer sheeted during either test even though I left all my RFA's open for them so I couldn't tell you. That's why I mentioned that qualifying offers aren't always accepted right away. Offseason is broken down into 7 chunks. I'd assume you'll have time to respond but I wouldn't risk it. Get the players you want signed to deals.

Yeah I'll definitely try to, but I was just wondering what would happen. Since I know that offer sheets have to be responded to within a week. Maybe make the first 2 offseason periods 1 week long, and then simulate long ways ahead until the start of the season, to be save? So people who have players that DO get offer sheeted don't accidentally force-lose their players.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah I'll definitely try to, but I was just wondering what would happen. Since I know that offer sheets have to be responded to within a week. Maybe make the first 2 offseason periods 1 week long, and then simulate long ways ahead until the start of the season, to be save? So people who have players that DO get offer sheeted don't accidentally force-lose their players.

I can't set the length of any sims in the offseason.

Smiley90

Can we add an extra signing day? :D

Haha :p i already pushed for 3 instead of 2 days (because 3 is the minimum for negotiating imho), but I'm not gonna push for 4 instead of 3 just because I'm missing a day to vacation. The more days, the better for cap management, of course, but 3 should be enough for most people and I don't wanna hold everyone up. Unless everyone wants to go for more days (e.g. If most people can't be on and submit offers every day of the 3).

Oh, also Marvie, or anyone else, do you mind posting the first-round picks (&position, is what i mostly care about) selected once it's done? If you don't wanna type it up it's fine, I just wanna know what position my first round player is. Also, Soc, i wrote 2 posts concerning your 4th round pick, respond please! :p

Well I have my team set, so you can sim whenever now Marvie. Gut feeling is that Montreal will take this, didn't realize they were as stacked as Dallas almost. However, unlike Dallas all of their playoff stats are better than mine, so their team is hot. I have a bad feeling...

Socreges

Banned
Well I have my team set, so you can sim whenever now Marvie. Gut feeling is that Montreal will take this, didn't realize they were as stacked as Dallas almost. However, unlike Dallas all of their playoff stats are better than mine, so their team is hot. I have a bad feeling...
Montreal isn't nearly as stacked as Dallas.

But they've definitely got a better roster than Detroit.

I'm convinced that Crosby makes a huge difference in the sims. Like he improves the team in every way somehow. My Nashville team (VS league) isn't the greatest, but they've done very, very well in the sims thanks to Crosby.

Montreal isn't nearly as stacked as Dallas.

But they've definitely got a better roster than Detroit.

I'm convinced that Crosby makes a huge difference in the sims. Like he improves the team in every way somehow. My Nashville team (VS league) isn't the greatest, but they've done very, very well in the sims thanks to Crosby.

They have a better roster, but stats wise they are just a bit better than us. And of course Crosby will make a huge difference, he is pretty much the best player in this game. However I have another sim running with a few friends and the Pens aren't doing so hot. So it doesn't revolve all around one player, you still need to have a good supporting cast. But who knows with their sim system they have.

Socreges

Banned
They have a better roster, but stats wise they are just a bit better than us. And of course Crosby will make a huge difference, he is pretty much the best player in this game. However I have another sim running with a few friends and the Pens aren't doing so hot. So it doesn't revolve all around one player, you still need to have a good supporting cast. But who knows with their sim system they have.
Definitely. But would you say your supporting cast is even that good (not trying to insult your team here!)? Datsyuk (also 95) had a better "supporting cast", but Colorado hasn't done nearly as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Crosby's influence was overpowered some (compared to his stats and compared to real life). That's what I was trying to say.

Definitely. But would you say your supporting cast is even that good (not trying to insult your team here!)? Datsyuk (also 95) had a better "supporting cast", but Colorado hasn't done nearly as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Crosby's influence was overpowered some (compared to his stats and compared to real life). That's what I was trying to say.

Well my team was doing ok before I got Heatley and put him on Crosby's wing, after that the team started to really play great. It helped having a pure sniper with a really good playmaker. So yeah Crosby helps out a lot but you still need to have correct lines and what not.

Socreges

Banned
Friday: Stanley Cup Finals
Saturday: Draft Rankings/Trades/Draft
Sunday-Tuesday: Re-signing period
Wednesday-Friday: Free Agency
Saturday: Next Season Begins

So because I don't have a 1st/2nd rd pick this season, is there really anything I need to do? Or will everything just be automated from the 3rd-7th rounds?

Spectre, are you going to handle Smiley's re-signing?

The anticipation is killing me!
Leaf fan gets his first taste of playoff hockey.

So because I don't have a 1st/2nd rd pick this season, is there really anything I need to do? Or will everything just be automated from the 3rd-7th rounds?

Hey, they made the playoffs quite often in the 90's and before the last lockout :(

Smiley90

Well, you can still do draft priority list. It's pretty much the top300 ranked according to central scouting, and you can adjust the list and it'll draft the best available from your list, so it works even for later rounds.

And no, Spectre isn't doing anything, I'll just have to roll with 2 resigning rounds. :p

Also, please respond to my 4th round post! I can't do any draft pick trades, so just trade me whoever you draft in the 4th round next week?

Socreges

Banned
Well, you can still do draft priority list. It's pretty much the top300 ranked according to central scouting, and you can adjust the list and it'll draft the best available from your list, so it works even for later rounds.
Ah. I'll look into that then and see if it makes much difference.

OLE OLE OLE OLE
OLE OLE
OLE OLE OLE

:)

STC1993.jpg

Roman Hamrlik is the top FA so far lol

Final playoff stats

Goals - Kovalchuk with 15, Gaborik 10, O'Reilly and Crosby with 8
Assists - Gaborik with 24, Crosby 19, McArthur 14
Points - Gaborik 34, Crosby 27, Kovy 25

Stanley Cup - Mtl
President's Trophy - Det
Art Ross - Sidney Crosby
Hart - Sidney Crosby
Norris - Mike Green (wtf?!?)
Lady Byng - Henrik Sedin
Calder - Gustav Nyquist
Conn Smythe - Marian Gaborik
Vezina - Mikka Kipusoff
Jennings - Pekka Rinne
Masterton - Jeff Schultz
Selke - Jonathan Toews
Lindsay - Mikka Kiprusoff
Richard - Ovechkin

Smiley90

Karlsson won last year, why are you guys so surprised about Green... Congratz Jonsson! Now entry draft and then 1 day of me not resigning anyone before I'm back in action.

Socreges

Banned
Congrats BJ - thought a team from the West would take it. Well done.

Now the hard part, signing RFAs.....
Yep. I've got a bunch to re-sign and only one day (looks like) to do it. Fuck anyone that offer sheets my guys because I think I'll need a little extra time.

When do our guys develop/decline? I can confirm now that there were zero changes in stats throughout the season. At least none with my guys.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone want to trade me a lower end prospect for my 4th round pick in this year's draft?

[edit] Just in case I'm not here to calm you in time, Smiley, I'm only kidding. Not sure why you were so concerned.

Eat shit Detroit!

Go screw yourself

Called it, you could tell by the playoff stats my team wasn't going to win. Also I love how apparently my top +/- player from the first three rounds with a +5 ends with a -4 overall for the playoffs just from that last series, yeah sure, TOTAL BS!!! Screw you EA

Smiley90

Anyone want to trade me a lower end prospect for my 4th round pick in this year's draft?

[edit] Just in case I'm not here to calm you in time, Smiley, I'm only kidding. Not sure why you were so concerned.

YOUUUUUUU. Also, you should see development by draft day. I'm not sure until when Marvie simmed, I thought until draft day, but given the trading system is still down, I assume he simmed just past the cup final? So you'll probably see it tomorrow then.

Edit: just checked, yeah, players haven't aged yet either, so Marvie, next time please sim right up to draft day, in case we want to make draft-day trades? ;) and so we can start looking at how players developed :D

Smiley90

Apparently Smiley wouldn't

If I wouldn't, I wouldn't have gone... Which would be crazy :lol. I only see my dad twice a year and only my second time in the US too. Just enjoying some free wifi while we get ready before we hit the strip.

I'll stop rubbing it in everyone's face now. :p

Top Bottom